Quick And Easy Cinnamon Rolls
These Quick & Easy Cinnamon Rolls are a simple twist on a classic breakfast treat. With store-bought Hawaiian rolls and just a handful of simple ingredients, you can quickly whip up sweet, fluffy, homemade cinnamon buns in 20 minutes!
If you love cinnamon and sugar flavors as much as we do, you’re going to love our popular Cinnamon Donut Muffins, the perfect Snickerdoodle Cookies, Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread, and our personal favorite breakfast Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal.
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
Why We Love Quick And Easy Cinnamon Rolls
If you’re short on time and don’t want to bother with kneading and rising yeasted dough, using a bag of Hawaiian sweet rolls is a fantastic shortcut to make this breakfast favorite.
- Each of these cinnamon rolls tastes just like the ooey-gooey center of a warm cinnamon bun.
- Store-bought sweet rolls make this quick cinnamon roll recipe easy when you want homemade cinnamon rolls without the tedious work that goes into them.
- Homemade gooey breakfast sweet rolls have all the cinnamon flavor that everyone craves.
- Made in just 20 minutes with melt-in-your-mouth cream cheese frosting.
- Serve a crowd in a snap! This cinnamon roll recipe is easy to double or triple.
Ingredients For Easy Cinnamon Rolls
For specific amounts, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Butter— Preferably salted.
- Ground Cinnamon— To help add a warm flavor to the filling.
- Light Brown Sugar— Or you can use dark brown sugar for extra sweet filling.
- Sweet Hawaiian Rolls— Usually found on the bread aisle, or near the bakery of your local grocery store.
- Cream Cheese— Softened to room temperature.
- Whole Milk— Can be substituted for heavy whipping cream, half and half, or 2% milk.
- Powdered Sugar— To give the frosting sweetness.
- Vanilla Extract— To amplify the sweetness in the frosting. For the best flavor use pure vanilla or homemade vanilla extract.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
How To Make Quick Cinnamon Rolls With Hawaiian Bread
If you’re tired of having to make cinnamon roll dough from scratch, this tiktok viral cinnamon rolls recipe is the perfect solution! Grab your ingredients, preheat your oven, and enjoy these unique cinnamon buns in under 30 minutes!
When you are baking, you’ll want to use the full recipe at the bottom of the page.
- Whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Place the package of rolls in a baking dish without separating them and poke holes throughout the top.
- Pour the cinnamon butter mixture over the rolls.
- Bake until the cinnamon mixture begins to bubble.
- As the rolls bake, prep the frosting by whisking together the cream cheese, milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Remove the rolls from the oven and pour on the frosting. Serve warm and enjoy!
Recipe Notes, Tips & Variations For The BEST Cinnamon Rolls
- Do not separate the dinner rolls when making this recipe.
- Poking holes in the rolls helps the cinnamon sugar mixture soak into each roll a little more evenly.
- Make sure that your cream cheese has come to room temperature before making the frosting. Cold cream cheese will remain clumpy, preventing you from getting a smooth, even frosting.
- Make the frosting as thick or thin as you’d like. Adjust the milk or powdered sugar to desired consistency.
- If you are serving the cinnamon rolls right away, let them sit for 3-5 minutes before frosting so it only partially melts over the warm rolls. If you are making them to enjoy later, allow the cinnamon rolls to cool completely before frosting.
- Add a teaspoon of ground cinnamon to the frosting.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts over the soft frosting.
Frequently Asked Questions
We recommend using sweet Hawaiian rolls with this recipe, because they are soft and fluffy with just the right touch of sweetness. However, any other pre-baked dinner rolls will work. You can also use brioche rolls. You want to make sure you are using a soft roll that will soak up the flavor in the filling.
Of course! We recommend freezing your rolls without the frosting. This makes reheating them easier. Simply transfer completely cooled baked rolls to an airtight container or large freezer-safe Ziploc bag. You can reheat your leftovers in the microwave for about 1 ½ minutes (microwave times will vary), or let them thaw in the fridge overnight.
While there are no raw ingredients in this recipe that necessarily need to be cooked, baking this dish helps the rolls absorb as much of the filling as possible. As the filling heats up, it will become more liquid, allowing it to be absorbed by the sweet Hawaiian rolls. Plus, who doesn’t like a warm gooey cinnamon roll fresh from the oven?
How To Store Leftover Cinnamon Rolls
These cinnamon rolls will stay good in the fridge for up to 4 days covered with plastic wrap. You can reheat your leftovers in the microwave on 50% power for about 40 seconds, or until the center of the roll is warm.
You can also store these quick and easy cinnamon rolls on the counter for up to 2 days covered in plastic wrap.
You can freeze unfrosted cinnamon rolls for up to one month. Just make sure they are completely cooled before transferring them to an airtight container or freezer bag.
Quick and easy cinnamon rolls make an impression at any family breakfast or holiday brunch when you don’t have time and need a breakfast treat that’s ready in a pinch. Don’t be surprised if these irresistibly delicious cinnamon get eaten before they ever make it to the table.
What To Serve With Easy Cinnamon Rolls For Breakfast
- bacon, sausage or ham
- hashbrowns casserole
- fresh fruit
- baked oatmeal
- orange julius
- coffee, tea or milk
What To Serve With The Best Cinnamon Rolls For Brunch
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
Quick and Easy Cinnamon Rolls
These super easy cinnamon rolls are made with Hawaiian sweet rolls topped with cream cheese frosting. Ooey gooey and ready in 20 minutes!
- ½ cup salted butter
- 2 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar
- 12 pack sweet Hawaiian rolls
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Cover the bowl with a paper plate and heat the mixture in the microwave for about a minute, or until all the butter has melted completely.
- Whisk the mixture together until smooth and set aside.
- Place the pack of rolls in a baking dish about 8x11 inches or bigger without separating them. Use a knife to poke 3-4 holes in each roll.
- Pour the cinnamon sugar mixture over the rolls and bake for 15 minutes, or until the cinnamon sugar mixture begins to bubble.
- While your cinnamon rolls are baking, prep the topping by whisking together the cream cheese, milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla with an electric hand mixer. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the frosting over the top of the cinnamon rolls as they come out of the oven, serve, immediately, and enjoy!
Store your leftover rolls in the fridge covered with plastic wrap for up to 4 days and reheat them in the microwave. You can also store them on the counter covered with plastic wrap for up to 2 days.
These cinnamon rolls are great topped with an extra sprinkling of ground cinnamon on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 102mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used and are just estimates. We encourage, especially if these numbers are important to you, to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.