Raspberry Kir Royale Champagne Cocktail
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Raspberry Kir Royale is a champagne and Chambord cocktail that is sure to make any occasion feel extra special. Whether you’re celebrating New Year’s Eve, Valentines Day, or need a bubbly bridal brunch cocktail, mix up this bubbly recipe for a subtle twist on a classic Kir Royale.
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest!
Table of Contents
Raspberry Kir Royale Champagne Cocktail
Pop. Fizz. Clink! Let’s Drink!
As the great F. Scott Fitzgerald once said “Too much of anything is bad. But too much of champagne is just right.” I honestly can’t disagree with that one! I can never get enough of champagne cocktails especially when they look and taste as amazing as this Raspberry Kir Royale.
You’ll be popping bottles all night long with this glamorous champagne and black raspberry cocktail that is sure to class up your night. The sweet fresh raspberries, delightfully subtle raspberry liqueur and refreshingly bubbly champagne come together as the perfect trio to make this cocktail even more delightful with every sip!
What is A Kir Royale Cocktail?
So, let me guess, the amazing sight of these photos drew you into this post, but now you’re here and you don’t actually know what this weirdly named cocktail actually is. Don’t worry I don’t blame you, because who could not click on something that looks this good?!
To end all this mystery over what really is a Kir Royale, here’s the scoop. A Kir Royale is a French cocktail that is actually a variation on Kir. It consists of a fruity liqueur topped with champagne, rather than the white wine used in traditional Kir.
This specific version uses a raspberry Chambord, rosé champagne and fresh raspberries to really make it unique!
How To Make A Kir Royale Champagne Cocktail
I’m the first to say I am definitely no bartender when it comes to making drinks. Anything gets too complicated and I often end up with a concoction too awful to actually drink. So, I like to keep things relatively simple to avoid any cocktail disasters.
This Kir Royale has only 3 ingredients and couldn’t be easier to make! Just start with your a sugar rim, by dipping the rim of your champagne flue in a shallow bowl of water, then into a bowl of sanding sugar.
Place a few fresh raspberries in the glass. Measure out your Chambord to pour into the glass, then add your champagne. I used brut rosé champagne to add extra color, and extra fruitiness to the cocktail, but you can use regular champagne if you prefer. Once you have it all mixed, serve and enjoy!
It’s seriously that easy! In just a few minutes you’ll have a cocktail so sophisticated you’ll suddenly think you’re Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl!
Secrets to the Raspberry Champagne Cocktail
- Don’t Break The Bank With The Champagne: There’s no need to go out looking for the most expensive bottle of champagne. Save that money for the big champagne toast moments in your life. As long as you don’t go bottom of the barrel you’ll be fine. A good mid-range bottle will work great. For reference, I bought a $10 bottle and it was perfect!
- Choose The Right Type of Champagne: I’m sure you’re thinking right now, should the champagne be sweet or dry (Brut)? Technically it’s up to you on this one. Sweet champagne combined with the sweet flavor the Chambord will make for a very sweet cocktail overall. For a more mid-range, subtly sweet cocktail, I suggest regular dry or brut champagne. The contrast of a dry Champagne will make for an amazing flavor that goes down smooth.
- Chill Your Alcohol: For best results, chill the champagne and the glasses ahead of time. Warm champagne will make an unpleasant cocktail, and no one has time for that right? Also, don’t try putting ice in the champagne, trust me it will not go well at all.
- Don’t Use A Shaker: Listen closely when I say DO NOT shake up the ingredients for this cocktail. Shaking the champagne will destroy the bubbles leaving you with flat lifeless champagne. Simply top off the cocktail with champagne, and stir very lightly, if at all.
Don’t Miss Out on Even More Dazzling Cocktails
Cran-Cherry Whiskey Sour The fruity cherry and cranberry notes in this drink complement the spicy rye for a perfectly sweet and refreshing cocktail. Add in some lime juice and egg whites and you’ve got yourself a drink you’ll love and enjoy all year long.
Rosemary Greyhound Cocktail Grapefruit vodka, grapefruit juice, lime juice, and rosemary simple syrup are shaken together, poured over ice and then garnished with fresh rosemary and grapefruit to create this bright and flavorful drink.
Blackberry Dark and Stormy Prepare yourself for the weekend with a refreshing Blackberry Dark and Stormy cocktail. Light and fruity, and just boozy enough to make the perfect anytime drink.
Spiced Manhattan Cocktail Sweet and Spicy and bursting with holiday flavor, this Spiced Manhattan Cocktail Recipe is just the way to start your holiday parties this year.
Butterscotch Schnapps Spiked Hot Chocolate A delicious combination that turns an ordinary hot chocolate into something extraordinary for adult gatherings when the weather is chilly.
Vanilla Cranberry Mimosa Perfect for a winter brunch, Christmas, and holiday and New Year’s Eve parties! This cocktail recipe only requires 3 ingredients and is very easy to make.
Like This Raspberry Kir Royale Cocktail Recipe? Pin It!
A Truly Game Changing Kir Royale Cocktail Recipe!
There’s never a wrong time for champagne, so what are you waiting for! Go grab your favorite bubbly and start mixing up your new favorite raspberry cocktail! From the moment the first sip hits your lips, there will be no going back! I can’t wait to hear how much you love the recipe!
We created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, home tips, creative ideas and ask questions and see what’s new with TidyMom! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE. Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #tidymom so I can see all the wonderful TidyMom recipes YOU make and tips YOU use!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Raspberry Kir Royale is a champagne and Chambord cocktail that is sure to make any occasion feel extra special.
- fresh raspberries
- 1 ounce Chambord
- 4-5 ounces chilled champagne (or Prosecco)
- sanding sugar (optional for the rim)
- If you'd like a sugar rim, dip the rim of your champagne flue in a shallow bowl of water, then into a bowl of sanding sugar.
- Place a few fresh raspberries in the glass.
- Measure 1 ounce of Chambord and pour into glass, then top with champagne.
- Serve and enjoy
- If you can, place the champagne glasses into the freezer a few minutes before making your cocktails.
- You can use a brut rosé champagne to add extra color, and fruitiness
Hi there, I'm Cheryl!
As a wife, mom, and caffeine enthusiast, my journey has taken me from bustling mornings with my family to sharing delicious recipes, home care tips, and heartfelt decorating insights with wonderful readers like you. My love for baking, photography, and tidiness shines through every post I craft. Dive into my world and discover the art of homemaking, one tidy moment at a time. Read more...
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.