Un-fried, Fried Ice Cream
A fun way to serve ice cream, this unfried ice cream recipe is super easy, fast and delicious. Prepare it ahead of time and keep in the freezer to serve at your next party!
If your kids are like mine……..you don’t usually have to twist their arm to get them to help make dessert.
Tell them it involves rolling ice cream into balls with their hands……and giggles are sure to follow!!
It’s been years since I had fried ice cream, but I remember how much I loved it!! Good news is, I love this unfried ice cream just as much! Although different (and definitely not fried) it’s an easy way to prepare a yummy dessert with a delicious crunchy topping. Serve it topped with whipped cream, drizzled with honey, and with a little fresh fruit for effect.
This unfried ice cream is easy as pie to make and oh so good!
- 3 cups toasted cinnamon cereal, coarsely crushed
- 4 cups Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping, heated
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Arrange cereal on aluminum-foil-lined baking sheet and bake 5 minutes or until crunchy; cool completely.
- Shape Ice Cream into 16 1/4 cup balls, then freeze 1 hour or until firm.
- Evenly coat Ice Cream with cereal, then freeze until ready to serve.
- Arrange Ice Cream on plate and drizzle with caramel ice cream topping. Garnish with whipped cream.
Freeze time 1 hour
Variations: You could also try this with Honey Nut Cherrios, Corn Flakes , Golden Grahams, or just experiment on your own!
One bite…….and you will think this is really fried ice cream!!
*You could also try this with Honey Nut Cherrios, Corn Flakes , Golden Grahams, or just experiment on your own!
It may not be “fried” but this sure is an easy way to prepare a yummy dessert with a delicious crunchy topping.
Kids in the Kitchen:
what little ones can do to help with this recipe
- crush cereal
- preheat oven
- roll ice cream balls
- carry to freezer
- drizzle with caramel topping
- squeeze whipped cream to garnish
Perfect for a Cinco de Mayo celebration!