Banana Pineapple Italian Ice
Banana Pineapple Italian Ice is a simple frozen treat that is an impressive dessert served any time of the year.
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
I’m not a fan of the heat.
I want to just say inside in my air conditioning and wait for fall. OK, so maybe I could handle it if I was floating down a lazy river with a nice frosty drink in my hand. You would think this is a little odd coming from someone who has lived in Missouri all her life……don’t you think she would get use to the heat? I mean seriously, is this forecast a joke?
add the Midwest humidity to this and we will have heat index well over 100.
So what’s a girl to do in this scorching heat? Make some frozen treats!! Ice cream can be a little hard on the hips, so we’ve been enjoying something a little more low cal but every bit as enjoyable!!
This Italian Ice is an easy frozen treat, for hot summer days with no added sugar! Music to my ears!
This is one of those recipes where I love to use my vanilla bean paste instead of vanilla extract……see how you can see the flecks of vanilla in the treat? – you don’t get that with vanilla extract.
More frozen treats you may enjoy
Like This Italian Ice Recipe? Pin It!
How are you staying cool this summer?
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice (no sugar added)
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 medium bananas)
- 1 can (8oz) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- mint, to garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl or pitcher, combine all ingredients (except for mint). Carefully pour into an 8 or 9-inch square dish.
- Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours, just until almost firm.
- Transfer cold mixture to a large bowl, and beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Return mixture to the dish or an ice cream container, and freeze until firm.
- Remove the container from the freezer to soften 20-30 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
1/2 cup equals 79 calories
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 74Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used.