Oatmeal Brownie Strawberry Shortcakes
Shortcake never tasted so good!!
I tried a new twist on an old favorite and LOVED it!! Sweet strawberries, homemade fresh whipped cream and a surprise oatmeal brownie, so simple, yet dramatic and incredibly delicious!
- 1 box of your favorite brownies mix (about 15 ounce box*)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 pints (6 cups) fresh strawberries
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Grease or line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- COMBINE brownie mix, oats, 1/2 cup of cream, and egg in a large bowl and mix well. Drop large tablespoonfuls of the brownie mixture onto prepared pan. I usually get approximately 20 cookies.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes; then remove from pan to cool completely on a wire rack.
- COMBINE remaining 1½ cups whipping cream and powdered sugar in medium bowl; beat on high until stiff peaks form.
- SLICE strawberries (OPTIONAL: *I added a little sugar and smashed with a potato smasher to juice them up a little)
- PLACE 1 brownie cookie on each individual dessert plate or shallow bowl. Top each with strawberries, whipped cream, and another cookie. Top each stack with dollop of whipped cream andstrawberries.
do not use the family size brownie mix
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 38mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used.
The combination of chocolate and strawberries can’t be beat!
Other recipes you may like:
*Disclaimer: Pillsbury sent me the items listed above to make my own sweet treats! I was not compensated in any other way for this post, all opinions, and my love of Pillsbury are my own!