Strawberry Pretzel Pie
Strawberry Pretzel Pie– this easy strawberry pretzel dessert recipe has a sweet fluffy strawberry filling piled high inside a salty pretzel crust. It’s the best way to beat the heat served cold or frozen.
If you’re going gaga over this strawberry pretzel pie, enjoy more sensational strawberry desserts like our Strawberry Shortcake Popsicles, Strawberries and Cream Magic Bars, and No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Dessert!
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
Why We Love Strawberry Pretzel Pie
In the good ol’ summertime, I’m a sap for anything strawberry. Any fruit is a refreshing snack in the hotter months, but strawberries really hold my heart. They’re just so versatile! Put them on a salad, dip them in fruit dip (or chocolate!), or even serve them with some grilled chicken. Talk about a super fruit, right?!
I’m not sure why it’s taken me this long to share this strawberry pretzel pie recipe with you, but today’s the day. If you are swimming in freshly picked strawberries, looking for a simple summer dessert, or just craving strawberry pie, this recipe is for you.
This strawberry pretzel dessert has a perfect blend of salty and sweet. It’s an easy summer pie that is one of my favorite go-to recipes because it’s always sure to impress.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Easy Pretzel Pie Crust
If you’re not familiar with a pretzel pie crust, like most crumb crust recipes (graham cracker and cookie) it’s so simple to put together. The sweet and salty crust is much easier to make than a traditional pie crust. Simply crush your pretzels, mix with a little sugar and butter and press into your pan and you are all set!
Do you need to bake a pretzel pie crust?
A pretzel crust is going to hold up together better if it’s baked in a 350° oven for about 8-10 minutes. But if you’re really going for a no-bake pie, you can choose to skip the oven and place the pretzel crust in the freezer for about an hour, then you’re good to fill.
PRO TIP: Be sure to finely crush your pretzels for the best results. A food processor is the best choice, but you can put the pretzels in a zip-top bag and use a rolling pin (or whatever is on hand) to crush them if you don’t have a food processor. Mini pretzels work the best, and make sure to get salted pretzels! Otherwise, you won’t have the salty and sweet taste you’re looking for.
Do you need to grease your pan?
No. There is enough butter in the pretzel crust, so there is no need to grease the pie pan.
How To Make Pretzel Pie Crust
STEP ONE: Simply combine finely chopped pretzels with melted butter and sugar in a large bowl until well combined. The mixture should be thick and look like coarse sand.
STEP TWO: The secret to a great pretzel pie crust is to really pack it down, especially if you are going the no-bake route. A flat bottomed small measuring cup is the perfect tool for packing pretzel crust. Be sure to pack the sides of the pie crust as well.
PRO TIP: Start with the edges. Press in the edges of the pie first and then form the bottom crust using the bottom of the measuring cup to press. It’s more efficient and easier to evenly distribute.
STEP THREE: For a no-bake pie or dessert you can place the crust in the freezer for about an hour or chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before filling. This will solidify the mixture, ensuring a compact crust.
If you want to pre-bake this crust, place it in a 350° oven for about 8 minutes. Let it cool completely if you are going to fill it with a no-bake filling, like this strawberry pretzel pie.
Strawberry Pretzel Pie Ingredients
(full printable recipe at the end of this post)
This easy strawberry pretzel dessert is the salty-sweet combination of my dreams!
- pretzels – I suggest using the mini, salted pretzels. I find they are easier to crush for the crust.
- sugar – Simple white granulated sugar is what I use. You could try using brown sugar for a richer taste.
- butter – Using unsalted is best, or the salt from the butter plus the salt from the pretzels may overpower the sweetness of the rest of the dessert. You want a sweet and salty combination, but you want to keep a good balance.
- boiling water – For the jello.
- strawberry jello – One package of the 4- serving size is perfect!
- lemon juice – As always, fresh is best!
- lemon zest – You can use fresh lemon for the juice and the zest needed.
- heavy whipping cream – This will be the base of our filling to make it delectably fluffy.
- powdered sugar – This is used to sweeten the heavy whipping cream.
- strawberries – You can’t have a strawberry pie without fresh, juicy strawberries! Dice and crush them to vary their sizes in each delicious bite!
- strawberries – These will be used to really make the pie look gorgeous.
- crushed pretzels – sprinkle over top for a beautiful finish.
- mint – Fresh mint leaves add a beautiful final touch and a lovely taste of flavor.
How To Make Strawberry Pretzel Pie
I love that you can easily make this pie ahead of time and leave it in the freezer until ready to serve. It’s great to serve on those lazy summer days!
STEP ONE: Make a pretzel pie crust and set it aside.
STEP TWO: Using a medium mixing bowl combine the gelatin and boiling water and stir until the gelatin has dissolved. Once dissolved, stir in fresh lemon juice and zest. Chill in the refrigerator for about 1 hour. You want it to be very thick, but not quite set.
STEP THREE: Remove the chilled gelatin mixture and beat with an electric mixer on high speed for about 4 minutes, until thick and fluffy. Set aside.
STEP FOUR: Using a large mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream and powdered sugar on high until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream and crushed strawberries into the gelatin mixture. Spoon everything into the cooled pretzel crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours to set or up to 3 days.
Garnish with sliced strawberries, crushed pretzels, and fresh mint when ready to serve. Enjoy!
This strawberry jello pie can be stored covered in the refrigerator for about 3-5 days.
You can freeze this pie for up to 3 weeks! You can even serve it frozen. Simply freeze for at least 3-4 hours or overnight. To serve, remove 10 minutes before serving, slicing, and garnishing. It’s one of the BEST make-ahead summer desserts!
Tips For The Best Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
Here are a few tried and true tips I’ve learned while perfecting this delicious strawberry pretzel dessert:
- While this strawberry dessert is simple to make, be aware that you will need to give yourself plenty of time to make this pie — the crust needs to cool and the Jell-O needs to chill for about an hour before mixing in the fruit fluff, and at least several hours for the pie to set in the refrigerator.
- Don’t garnish the pie until you’re ready to serve it.
- This pie is going to be messy when serving with the strawberry slices on top and the fluffy strawberry filling. Embrace the mess! I promise it’s worth it. You could even choose to garnish each piece as you slice and serve, instead of garnishing the entire pie.
- Baking the pretzel crust will help hold it together and make it firm. However, you can choose not to bake the crust. Just be sure to firmly press the crust into the pan to help hold it together and chill or freeze for a few hours. If you choose not to bake the crust, it will be a looser crust and may crumble when serving. It’ll still taste absolutely delicious!
Like This Strawberry Pretzel Pie Recipe? Pin It!
Follow Along On Social Media
If you’re looking for even more inspiration check out the fun little group I created on Facebook, I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, home tips, creative ideas and ask questions and see what’s new with TidyMom! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #tidymom so I can see all the wonderful TidyMom recipes YOU make and tips YOU use!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 461Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 472mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 2gSugar: 24gProtein: 5g
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used.