Strawberries and Cream Magic Bars
Strawberries and Cream Magic Bars made with fresh glazed strawberries and a sweet cream cheese layer with a Golden Oreo cookie crust! Chill for a tasty summer dessert!
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
Table of Contents
Strawberries and Cream Magic Bars
Fresh fruit… homemade whipped cream… oreo cookie crust… Dessert doesn’t get any more magical than that. Each layer in these Strawberries and Cream Magic Bars come together in harmony for a dreamy and refreshingly light dessert bar.
I like to call this the dessert for when you can’t decide on one dessert. You’ll feel like you’re getting a three-for-one dessert special with every bite, and I’m not sure about you, but I’m here for it!
What’s In Strawberries and Cream Magic Bars?
What’s amazing about these magic bars is that every layer brings its own completely different flavor to the table, then they all work together to create one amazing dessert.
First, you start with your cookie layer, followed by cream cheese whipped cream, topped off with the fresh strawberries and glaze mixture.
Don’t be intimidated by several layers though, each layer is very simple, and the whole thing can be put together in 30 minutes or less. It’s the perfect recipe for any novice baker that wants a show-stopping finished product!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
How to Make A Cookie Crust For Magic bars
(full printable recipe at the end of this post)
You honestly can’t go wrong with a cookie crust when it comes to any dessert. My motto is when in doubt, add a cookie crust. Now don’t get me wrong, I never discriminate when it comes to a cookie crust. All flavors, shapes, and sizes are welcome in my book.
With that being said though, I have a serious addiction to anything with crust using Golden Oreos. I don’t know what it is, but they are honestly just a game-changer. If this one recipe isn’t enough to make you believe me, go check out my Double Berry Cheesecake Lush, you won’t be disappointed.
I’m sure you’re like okay, I get it cookie crusts are awesome, now tell me how to make it. Your wish is my command. This crust is incredibly easy. First crush up your cookies, filling and all, using a food processor, or a zip-top bag and a rolling pin.
Combine the crushed cookies with the butter using a fork, then press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. A pro tip I always follow is to use a measuring cup to get an evenly pressed crust layer. It avoids the mess of using your hands and gives a prettier finished look.
Tip For Serving the Best Magic Bars
With any dessert that looks as good as this one, it’s hard to wait to eat it. You’re going to want to grab a fork the minute you get that last strawberry poured. I hate to be the Debby Downer here, but I’m going to have to ask you to refrain for at least one hour while it chills.
This is only for your own good. The chill time will allow for those perfectly cut pieces and more delicious combined flavors. To really make the look pop, garnish with some fresh mint, and add a cookie on the plate for an extra treat.
We all know that summer is the best time to get all your strawberry fix in, and if you’re like me, you love to go a little crazy. I’m pretty sure my family has made one or two comments that they think my skin is going to turn red from all this strawberry intake. If it happens I’ll embrace it because I can’t stop, won’t stop until strawberry season is dead and gone.
Since I’ve been around the strawberry recipe block a time or two this season, it would just be cruel to keep all my finds to myself. So, here are some of my favorite strawberry recipes of all kinds.
Like This Strawberries and Cream Magic Bars Recipe? Pin it!
Strawberries and Cream Magic Bars To Remember
Why just take my word for how good these magic bars are? Try them and see for yourself and don’t forget to share some with your friends too! I won’t blame you if you decide not to though, some things are too good to share.
Whether or not you decide to share your finished product, don’t skip sharing your thoughts with me! Comment what you thought of them, or tag me on Instagram when you snap that perfect pic. I hope you love them as much as my family did!
Follow Along On Social Media
If you’re looking for even more inspiration check out the fun little group I created on Facebook, I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, home tips, creative ideas and ask questions and see what’s new with TidyMom! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #tidymom so I can see all the wonderful TidyMom recipes YOU make and tips YOU use!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Strawberries and Cream Magic Bars made with fresh glazed strawberries and sweet cream cheese layer with a Golden Oreo crust! Chill for a tasty summer dessert!
- 40 Golden Oreos
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 small box (4- ½ cup servings size) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cup sliced strawberries
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Line a 9-inch square pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on each side. Lightly grease with cooking spray and set aside. For crust:Using a food processor finely crush cookies (do not remove cookie filling). If you don't have a food processor, place the cookies in a plastic zip-top bag, remove excess air and seal the bag. Crush cookies by using a rolling pin over the bag until cookies are finely crushed.
- In a medium bowl, using a fork combine cookie crumbs and melted butter until combines. Press crust mixture into the bottom of prepared pan. Chill for at least 30 minutes before filling.
- For Strawberry Layer:Using a small saucepan combine water, sugar, and cornstarch over medium-high heat. Whisk and bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, add gelatin and whisk to combine. Remove from heat and allow to cool for about 15 minutes (be careful that it doesn't set up)
- For Cream LayerUsing the whisk attachment on an electric mixer, beat cold heavy cream until still peaks form and set aside.
- Using a clean bowl and electric mixer beat cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and continue beating until combined and creamy. Carefully fold whipping cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- AssembleSpread cream mixture over chilled cookie crust.
- Assemble sliced strawberries over cream mixture, then pour glaze over strawberries.
- Chill for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator before serving.
- Remove from pan by lifting out parchment paper. Place on cutting board, slice, serve and enjoy!
- For a crunchier cookie crust; bake the crust for 8 minutes at 350°F then cool completely before filling.
- recipe adapted from The Seaside Baker
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 376Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 200mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used.
Hi there, I'm Cheryl!
As a wife, mom, and caffeine enthusiast, my journey has taken me from bustling mornings with my family to sharing delicious recipes, home care tips, and heartfelt decorating insights with wonderful readers like you. My love for baking, photography, and tidiness shines through every post I craft. Dive into my world and discover the art of homemaking, one tidy moment at a time. Read more...
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.