Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Comfort food like Easy Chicken Pot Pie is always a winner at our house. Dinner doesn’t get any easier than this, with a ready-made pie crust and rotisserie chicken. This homestyle chicken pot pie recipe is super simple and perfect for a weeknight meal.
Serve your chicken pot pie with a Simple Italian Salad, Easy Pull-Apart Garlic Rolls, and Sautéed Green Beans or Grilled Carrots if you want to add more veggies and Peach Cobbler for dessert.
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
SAVE this recipe to Pinterest!
Easy Chicken Pot Pie Is A Winner
Winner winner, easy chicken dinner! When it comes to classic recipes that the whole family loves, this recipe comes to mind first. My family always smiles big when they know they’re getting this delicious chicken pot pie for dinner! And believe me, it tastes like you spent hours slaving over a hot stove.
Even though it tastes like you put all your effort into it, this easy pot pie takes little effort to whip up, making it one of my favorite weeknight dinners! I’ve had plenty of pot pies in my life – I’ve had them made totally from scratch, from the freezer section at the grocery store, and from famous restaurants. Guess what? This recipe beats them all.
This pot pie is creamy, flaky, and oh so rich. It’s one of the most delectable dinners I make on a monthly basis, especially during the chillier months! There’s nothing better than a big, heaping serving of hearty pot pie after being outside in the cold.
How to Make Easy Chicken Pot Pie
(full printable recipe at the end of this post)
You only need 6 ingredients to make this delicious dinner that will feed your whole family! And, it only takes about half an hour to make this pot pie. I’m sure you’re starting to see why I make this easy chicken pot pie recipe as often as I do!
- First things first – preheat your oven to 400° F. It may seem pretty high, but the high temperature is key to cooking this pot pie quickly.
- In a large nonstick skillet, warm up the rotisserie chicken on medium heat for about 3-4 minutes. Stir it occasionally until the chicken is nice and warm.
- Time to make the filling! Once the chicken has been heated up, add the vegetables and stir in the condensed soup. Mix the ingredients together until they’re fully combined, then add salt and pepper.
- Stir the mixture over medium-high heat until heated through. Make sure to stir frequently to prevent burning!
- Spoon the warm filling mixture into a 9-inch pie plate. Make sure the filling is spread evenly, that way it will cook perfectly all the way through.
- Cover the warm filling with the pie crust, then seal and flute the edges however you’d like. Cut several slits into the crust to allow steam to escape while it bakes.
- Lastly, place the pie plate on a baking sheet. Bake the pot pie for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Easy Chicken Pot Pie Tips
Do you prefer a thinner chicken pot pie filling instead of a dense and creamy one? Just add a splash of milk when you add the condensed soup. Although I prefer my pot pies to be thick, it’s also delicious when thinned with milk!
Prevent crust from burning. Since we’re cooking at high heat, the crust might burn in the last half of the baking time. A wonderful way to avoid this is to place strips of foil over the crust for the last 15 minutes of baking! This method allows the crust to still cook all the way through and turn that beautiful golden brown color without burning. I always do this, and my crust turns out perfect every time.
Need a quick way to thaw frozen veggies? Simply place the veggies in a colander, then rinse them with warm water. Make sure to drain them well before adding them to the mixture, though! Too much water will ruin the texture of the filling.
Storage and Variations
How long will this chicken pot pie stay fresh? In an airtight container in the fridge, this easy dinner will stay fresh for 3-5 days! To reheat, you can use the microwave or the oven. If you choose the oven, just reheat the pie at a low temperature like 300° F, and be sure to check on it every few minutes to make sure it’s not burning. As much as I love my microwave, using the oven to reheat will prevent the crust from getting soggy.
Can I freeze it? This is actually one of my favorites recipes to freeze! I personally like to freeze it before I cook it. So, prepare the pie as you normally would, but instead of putting it in the oven, put it in an airtight container and freeze it for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to serve it, let it thaw in the fridge overnight, then bake as usual. It’s a great way to plan ahead!
In place of condensed soup, you could try using a jarred gravy instead! It’s a delicious way to make this pie even more flavorful and creamy. Whether it’s homemade gravy or store-bought, it’ll be a great addition to this recipe.
Have any leftover turkey from the holidays? Perfect! You can easily swap the rotisserie chicken for cooked turkey, and make a turkey pot pie instead. Turkey pies are just as delicious! It’s an awesome way to use any leftover meat you have from Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Hungry for more chicken recipes? Here are some of my other weeknight favorites!
Crockpot Creamy Italian Chicken – Crockpot Italian Chicken made in the slow cooker features tender chicken stewed in a flavorful creamy sauce, served over noodles or rice! This creamy crockpot chicken is a family-favorite meal that is perfect for busy weeknights.
Easy Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas – Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas are a family favorite Mexican dinner. The sweet and tangy marinated chicken wrapped in tortillas with cheese and covered in a creamy sauce get rave reviews every time!
Grilled Chicken Caprese – It doesn’t get much better than Chicken Caprese for a quick and delicious summer meal. Grilled chicken breasts are topped with melted mozzarella cheese, juicy cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and drizzled with a sweet balsamic glaze!
Like This Easy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe? Pin It!
Follow Along On Social Media
If you’re looking for even more inspiration check out the fun little group I created on Facebook, I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, home tips, creative ideas and ask questions and see what’s new with TidyMom! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #tidymom so I can see all the wonderful TidyMom recipes YOU make and tips YOU use!
Connect with TidyMom! Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Comfort food like Chicken Pot Pie is always a winner at our house. Dinner doesn't get any easier than this, with a ready-made pie crust and rotisserie chicken. This homestyle chicken pot pie recipe is super simple and perfect for a weeknight meal.
- 1 pound cooked chicken, shredded or cubbed (I like to use rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, corn, green beans, peas), thawed, drained
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ready-to-use refrigerated pie crust(1/2 of 14.1-oz. pkg.)
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Warm chicken in a large nonstick skillet on medium heat 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally until chicken is warm. Add vegetables, stir in condensed soup add salt and pepper and warm over medium-high heat until heated through, stirring frequently. Spoon filling mixture into 9-inch pie plate.
- Cover the warm filling with the pie crust; seal and flute edge. Cut several slits in the crust.
- Place pie plate on a baking sheet. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- If you want a thinner filling, add just a little milk when you add the condensed soup.
- This pot pie is a great way to use leftovers. Try this recipe with turkey or beef with Condensed Beef Soup.
- Try jarred gravy in place of the condensed soup.
- To quickly thaw frozen veggies: Place the veggies in a colander and rinse with warm water and drain well.
- To keep the crust from burning: Place strips of foil over the crust for the last 15 minutes of baking.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 374Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 666mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 23g
Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used.
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.