Grilled Carrots with Chipotle Lime Dip
These GRILLED CARROTS WITH CHIPOTLE LIME DIP would make a wonderful snack or great addition to your dinner table tonight!
As the weather warms up, turning on the oven to roast vegetables becomes less appealing, but that doesn’t mean you’re only left eating salads all summer. Your outdoor grill, or stovetop grill pan can quickly turn your favorite vegetables into a soft, smokey, irresistible summer dish.
Oh, do I have a treat for you today. If you follow me on Snapchat, you may know I’ve been on a mad grill kick, so brace yourselves. Recently my friends at McCormick challenged me to come up with a veggie snack or side dish full of flavor…..challenge accepted!
Seasoned grilled carrots with chipotle lime dip is a surprisingly easy and healthy way to serve carrots, and boy are they full of flavor.
Fire up the grill (no grill? you can do this on your stove top with a grill pan or cast iron skillet)
Toss the carrots in a little olive oil (to keep them from sticking to the grill or pan), I also like to use cooking spray for the grill. Season with McCormick Smoked Paprika and McCormick Onion Powder; grill covered for 5 minutes, flip and grill another 5 minutes then devour with Chipotle Lime Dip! You could also drizzle the dip over the carrots if serving as a side dish. What ever you do, don’t skip the smoked paprika, mmmmmmkay? Prepare to have your mind blown!
When grilled, carrots become smokey and sweet and are absolutely addicting with chipotle lime dip.
The dip can have as much or as little kick as you want. McCormick Chipotle Chili Pepper is the star here, but use less if you want a mild dip…..you can alway add more.
Don’t be surprised if grilled carrots become your new favorite side dish. They’ve definitely become mine.
I RECOMMEND FOR THIS RECIPE:
Grilled Carrots with Chipotle Lime Dip
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1-2 teaspoons McCormick Chipotle Chili Pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Ground Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick White Pepper
- McCormick Sea Salt to taste
- 1/2 - 1 pound carrots, peeled
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Onion Powder
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, chopped for garnish
For Chipotle Lime Dip
- Using a small bowl, combine yogurt, lime juice, lime zest, chili pepper, garlic and cumin. Stir well and add sea salt to taste. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
To Grill Carrots
- Spray grill racks, or grill pan (if using) with cooking spray. Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (about 400° F)
- Cut the tops off of the carrots. Chop carrots in half, then slice in half length-wise. The thicker piece you will half to cut in half lengthwise again, so all pieces are about 1/2- to 3/4-inch thick. Place carrots in a bowl and toss with paprika and onion powder.
- Place carrots on grill (I used a grilling pan for the outdoor grill, so the carrots wouldn't fall through), close the lid to cover and cook for 5 minutes. Flip carrots, cover and grill for another 5 minutes. Carrots will be softened, but still have a bit of crispiness in the middle.
- Transfer carrots to a pan or bowl, serve warm or cold with Chipotle Lime Dip drizzled over carrots or on the side. Garnish with cilantro.
- if you are using an outdoor grill, but don't have a grill pan, you may want to grill carrots whole, or just cut in half so they don't fall through the grates. After grilling, let them cool a bit then cut into pieces.
- if you aren't using an outdoor grill and don't have an indoor grill pan, you can use a cast iron skillet.
Want more great recipes like this? Follow my TidyMom Easy Recipes Pinterest Board
Disclaimer: I have been baking and cooking with McCormick in my home for 30 years. I’m super excited to have a working partnership with them. As always, all opinions and views are all my own. Thank you for supporting sponsors that allow me to create new content for TidyMom.
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.
My boys and I would go crazy for these, especially with that dip!
What a fun way to eat carrots.
Love that you grilled these!!! My boys would go crazy for them!
We love grilling veggies! This chipotle lime dip sounds like the perfect pairing to grilled carrots!
I have never tried grilling carrots before, but these look great…especially with that dip. I love chipotle and lime 🙂
I could make a meal out of these!!
Pingback: Easy Skillet Chicken Chilaquiles • a farmgirl's dabbles
This will be a surefire hit at our house!
What a great idea, I have never thought of fixing them this way. The dip sounds awesome too. Since grill season is here for sure, I will fix these for us to munch on while we are grilling.
Pingback: Smokey Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges | Good Life Eats
Pingback: Perfect Grilled Side Dishes For Your BBQ! - Penny Pincher Jenny
Pingback: 8 Summer Grill Recipes You Must Make | TidyMom
Pingback: Amazing Pulled Pork
Pingback: Lemon Rosemary Grilled Chicken
Pingback: Chili Lime Corn on The Cob | TidyMom®
Pingback: Grilled Corn and Zucchini Salad | TidyMom®
Pingback: Rye Bread Bowl Dip | TidyMom®
Pingback: Oven Roasted Asparagus