Cheese Stuffed Pizza Bread
Cheese Stuffed Pizza Bread: Bread dough sprinkled with seasoned chicken, fresh spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and stuffed with Mozzarella and provolone cheese. Served warm dipped in Alfredo sauce.
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox
SAVE this recipe to Pinterest!
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, my family loves pizza! and nothing beats a good homemade pizza, whether it’s grilled pizza, Mexican black bean pizza, BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup, Pizza Pancakes, homemade pizza rolls ! I like to mix it up and I’ve had this recipe for Pizza Bread printed and stashed for a long time. Since we love chicken and spinach on our pizza I thought I’d give Erika’s recipe a little twist of our own.
Pizza Bread is the ultimate party appetizer but it also works wonderfully as an entrée served with a Simple Italian salad.
How to Make Cheese Stuffed Pizza Bread
The recipe might look long, but it’s really rather easy. and the great thing about Pizza Bread is, you can make it with your own favorite toppings! The possibilities are virtually endless! We used chicken and spinach because that’s what we love.
You could use any variety of veggies: olives, broccoli, artichokes, red and green peppers, etc.
For the cheese, you can’t go wrong with mozzarella but we are also big fans of provolone, but you could absolutely add any variety of Italian cheeses or even a little cheddar. We choose chicken for our meat, but pepperoni, ham, bacon, sausage, salami, prosciutto would all be just as amazing!
For dipping, you can go with the traditional marinara, but garlic Alfredo makes a great companion to the chicken and spinach.
So have fun with it!! Make it your own.
Let the pizza bread dough sit for an hour on the counter to rise……….then another hour in the fridge.
Then, using a rolling pin, roll the dough out and top it with cheese…… lots of cheese, the more the better!
Fold it up to seal in the cheese.
Nothing beats a baking stone for bread or pizza. You can use a pan if you don’t have a stone, but if you don’t have a stone, I beg of you to get one!
Slip it in the oven for just a half-hour. Check it after about 15 minutes, if it’s getting pretty brown, you can place a piece of foil loosely on top to keep it from getting too brown. And when there are just 3 minutes left, brush a little melted butter over it! mmmmm, can you smell it?
Let it cool on a rack for a few minutes before slicing.
Serve warm with Alfredo sauce.
What are your favorite pizza toppings?
Follow Along On Social Media
If you’re looking for even more inspiration check out the fun little group I created on Facebook, I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, home tips, creative ideas and ask questions and see what’s new with TidyMom! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #tidymom so I can see all the wonderful TidyMom recipes YOU make and tips YOU use!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Pizza Bread is a twist on traditional pizza. Bread dough seasoned with chicken, fresh spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and stuffed with cheese. Served warm with Alfredo sauce.
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola or olive oil
- 1 large boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped soft sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 2 cups mozzarella & provolone, shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 jar Alfredo sauce for dipping
- Using a sharp knife, chop chicken into small pieces. Season with garlic salt, oregano, and red pepper.
- In a 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté chicken, until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes. Keep a close eye on these and stir them occasionally using a wooden spatula to prevent burning. Set finished pieces aside on a plate.
- In a large bowl, sprinkle yeast over warm water in a bowl. Let it sit for 3 minutes until foamy, then add in flour, salt, and sugar. Using a wooden spoon, mix just until it comes together. Add in chicken, spinach, basil, tomatoes, and parmesan and combine well. If the dough is too tacky, dust with a little extra flour. Cover with a towel and let rise for about 1 hour on counter, then another hour in the refrigerator.
- Remove dough from refrigerator. Flour parchment lined counter or table and roll dough out into 11×17” rectangle. Sprinkle cheese over top. Fold all four sides in towards the center, sealing sides so cheese is not exposed. Let rest while you preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place loaf on a pizza stone or lined baking sheet, and bake for 25 to 30* minutes (*loosely cover with foil after 15 minutes if bread is getting dark), until golden brown. 3 minutes before removing from oven, lightly brush the top with melted butter and let it finish baking. Let rest on a wire rack to cool slightly before slicing.
- Serve with warm Alfredo sauce for dipping.
To pack for lunch, wrap slices in foil and lightly toast in oven before putting it in a lunchbox. Include a small container of alfredo sauce for dipping.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Silcony brush3 Heat Resistant Silicone Basting Pastry Brushes, Assorted Colors, 8.4 Inches, Set of 3
Pizza Stone (3-piece set)
Aluminum Baker's Half Sheet Pan
Williams Sonoma Barrel Maple Rolling Pin
Reynolds Kitchens Parchment Paper
Glass Bowl Set
Le Creuset Iron Handle Skillet
Zwilling J.A. Henckels Chef's Knife
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 418Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 1066mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 21g
Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used.
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.