Grilled Corn and Zucchini Salad
Grilled Corn and Zucchini Salad is a fresh summer side that pairs well with anything off the grill. Full of flavor and lots of crunch make this summer salad a nice change from the classics like bean salad, slaw, and potato salad. So simple yet so perfect it will become your new summer go-to dish.
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
Grilled Corn and Zucchini Salad
There’s something about summer that makes me want to make anything I can with all of the fresh vegetables. I’m constantly looking for new and different recipes to make with all my fresh farmers market finds.
My new obsession is this grilled corn and zucchini salad, which is light, fresh, and simply amazing. This bright and colorful recipe is packed full of some summer veggie classics and is super quick to throw together.
The chili lime corn and lemon garlic olive oil drizzle push this recipe over the top for a healthy recipe that no one can resist.
How To Make Zucchini Salad
(full recipe at the end of this post)
This is seriously one of those “it’s too simple to pass up” kind of recipes. As long as you have a grill available, you can whip up this recipe in no time at all.
Preheat your grill to medium indirect heat. Slice the zucchini into discs, then cut in half and toss with a little olive oil. Add the zucchini to a grill pan. Place the pan of zucchini and ears of chili lime buttered corn to a hot grill and cook until zucchini is soft and corn is charred.
Cut the grilled corn off the cobs and put kernels and grilled zucchini into a serving bowl. Add sliced onion, feta, and chopped basil. Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic salt, ground pepper, and crushed red pepper. Stir gently and serve warm or room temperature.
Can you make this without a grill?
You can technically make this recipe as an oven-roasted corn and zucchini salad, just know it won’t be quite the same. The taste and texture that come from grilling the vegetables are a little different than when you cook them in the oven.
If you really want to make this salad and don’t have a grill I suggest cooking at 425 degrees for 25 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
How To Serve Grilled Corn Zucchini Salad
This recipe is a summer staple, meaning it has so many different ways to serve it. Break it out at your next backyard party, or serve it up for casual dinner with the family.
I love this recipe because it’s the perfect last-minute dish to whip up when you need a quick dish to bring to any event. Whether it’s a work event, shower, or weekend hangout, this recipe will surely be the hit of the party.
This is a salad that’s typically served warm right off the grill, but you can also serve at room temperature, or cold if you want to make it ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator.
Can I Use A Different Type Of Corn?
You can definitely use whatever style of corn you want. I used the chili lime butter corn, which was SO GOOD, but you definitely don’t have to limit yourself to just using that exact recipe.
You can grill plain corn on the cob, use frozen, or canned roasted corn, or microwave the corn on the cob. It’s really up to you and how much time you want to spend on the recipe, or what your flavor preferences are.
I personally love using the chili-lime corn because it gives the whole dish an extra kick of flavor that takes it from a basic party side to a recipe everyone will be begging to get their hands on.
Tips and Tricks For Making Zucchini Salad
- A great add-in for this salad is couscous or quinoa to make it a little more filling. Just prepare one serving of couscous or quinoa of your choice according to the package, and add to the salad. It’s a great way to take this recipe from a side dish to a light, yet filling lunch.
- To add a bit more color, and flair to the recipe, try replacing half of the zucchini with yellow summer squash. summer squash tastes very similar to zucchini, just with a bright yellow coloring instead of green.
- Be sure to use fresh ingredients, especially when it comes to herbs and spices. The freshness of these ingredients adds tons of flavor and will really amp up the quality if the whole dish.
- Use a grill pan with a removable handle. The grill pan is extremely useful for cooking your veggies on the grill. It makes grilling small cut-up vegetables so much easier and is so much faster than roasting in the oven.
More Amazing Summer Vegetable Recipes
Favorite Broccoli Cauliflower Salad – a flavor-packed summer potluck favorite. With crunchy veggies and a creamy zippy sauce, this tasty salad stays crisp and fresh and can be made ahead of time.
Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad – Full of flavor, packed with summer veggies and just the right amount of crunch. Guaranteed to be a hit at your summer BBQs!
Roasted Parmesan Asparagus – They’re so simple to fix like this and packed with flavor! We will often eat them two or three nights a week! You can whip these up in a flash and they make the best summer side dish!
Sheet Pan Balsamic Shrimp and Summer Vegetables – A great way to use up the summer vegetables, a perfect summer dinner is done in a snap with minimal clean up with this Sheet Pan Balsamic Shrimp and Summer Vegetables.
Grilled Carrots with Chipotle Lime Dip – This recipe would make a wonderful snack or great addition to your dinner table tonight! Seasoned grilled carrots with chipotle lime dip is a surprisingly easy and healthy way to serve carrots, and boy are they full of flavor.
Grilled Vegetables Kabobs With Fajita Butter – A healthy vegetarian skewer recipe loaded with fresh summer veggies and “fajita butter.” A fabulous side dish for picnics!
We created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, home tips, creative ideas and ask questions and see what’s new with TidyMom! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #tidymom so I can see all the wonderful TidyMom recipes YOU make and tips YOU use!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
- 3 zucchini
- 3 ears of chili lime grilled corn on the cob
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Preheat grill to medium indirect heat.
- Cut zucchini into 1/4-inch rounds, then cut in half and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add zucchini to grill pan. Place pan of zucchini and ears of chili lime buttered corn to hot grill and cook until zucchini is soft and corn is charred (about 10-12 minutes).
- Cut corn off the cobs and put kernels and grilled zucchini into a serving bowl. Add sliced onion, feta and chopped basil. Drizzle with remaining olive oil, lemon juice, garlic salt, ground pepper and crushed red pepper. Stir gently and serve warm or room temperature. (I also enjoy it cold if I have leftovers.)
You can always just grill plain corn on the cob if you wish, but the chili lime grilled corn is SO good in this dish - trust me!!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 418Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 1281mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 22g
Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used.