Perfect Garlic Cheese Bread with a Little Heat
If you love eating bread with your meals, this GARLIC CHEESE BREAD is the perfect way to dress up any dish, and it’s terribly easy to make.
I love bread.
There, I said it.
We serve bread almost every night at dinner.
When we were young and first married, it would often be just a slice of white bread with tub butter smeared from edge to edge. As we “grew up” a little, we moved on to canned rolls or frozen loaves of garlic bread.
Nowadays, you are more likely to find a loaf of homemade artisan bread that I made, with dipping oil, a loaf of hard apple cider bread, or I will pick up a loaf of fresh rustic bread and make our own perfect loaf of garlic cheese bread!
I know what you’re thinking….. do we really need a recipe for toasted garlic cheese bread?
Cheese toast is pretty basic- I’ll give you that. But the secret to really great garlic cheese bread is multiple cheeses and just a dash of heat.
Just a few simple ingredients can transform a basic loaf of French bread into pure gooey cheesy bliss. This garlic cheese bread nirvana has a thick smooth layer of cream cheese, herbs and garlic – but it’s just not enough. Chili flakes add a little-unexpected heat.
Be sure to let the cheese get nice and golden brown because that’s cheese bread gold, baby! At our house there have even been fights for the crispy, almost burnt pieces……. so be warned.
If you love eating bread with your meals, this is the perfect way to dress up a loaf of bread with lots of cheese and garlic, and it's terribly easy to make.
- 1 loaf of Italian Baguette or French Bread
- 1/2 cup butter, nearly melted
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- pinch chili flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- parsley for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 400° degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice loaf of bread lengthwise so that you have two long pieces to work with. Place the bread on the baking sheet, cut side up.
- Using a small bowl, stir garlic powder and parsley into the melted butter and spread or pour evenly over each half of bread.
- Put the bread back together (cut and buttered sides together), cover in aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While bread is in the oven, use a small bowl to combine cream cheese, parmesan, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and chili flakes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove bread from oven, and turn oven to broil.
- Open bread back up, place cut side up on parchment lined baking sheet. Using a spatula, spread the cheese mixture onto the cut sides of the bread. Sprinkle with grated mozzarella.
- Leave bread open faced at this point. Place in the oven, 4-6 inches from the broiler, and heat until cheese is bubbly and brown, about 2-3 minutes. (stay close by and keep checking, this happens pretty quickly)
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before slicing. Garnish with parsley and serve warm
I’m Lovin’……. Garlic Cheese Bread
Now it’s your turn!
Let us know what you’re lovin’ this week!
What is I’m Lovin’ It? get all the info here *All photos submitted to the I’m Lovin It linky party, grant the rights to display their photo on this website and other sites I write for. Proper credit will always be given. TidyMom is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through TidyMom.net.
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.