Red Velvet Pancakes + a Pinterest Party! | I’m Lovin’ It
Are you a hopeless romantic who loves flowers and candy on Valentines Day, or do you look for a way to escape the mushy love stuff? Either way, I think you’ll agree adding a little extra love to pancakes never hurt anyone…..and Red Velvet Heart Shaped Pancakes will add little extra touch of love to start your, or your loved one’s day off right.
I originally shared this Red Velvet Pancake recipe over at Recipe Girl a few years ago, and thought I’d share them here today along with introducing you to a new Holiday Pinterest Board that I can’t wait for you to be a part of!
I have to be honest here, these are more like eating dessert than breakfast if you top them with the cream cheese topping, but hey, it’s Valentines Day right? I declare it “sweets all day long” day! But if you prefer, the red velvet flavor is just as delicious with a pat of butter and maple syrup drizzled over them.
The delicious, fluffy, red velvet cake aroma filled the entire kitchen, from the moment they hit the skillet! And yes….. they taste exactly like red velvet cake, especially when the creamy frosting melted into the warm pancakes!
My family loves anything red velvet, and I can’t help but give my family what they want! HA! uh, and any excuse to have ‘cake’ for breakfast! Maybe you’d like to do the same for your family? find the recipe below
**Now for some news that includes YOU!
I’m so excited to be hosting a fun new series with a fabulous group of creative bloggers! Starting this month, we are going to be hosting a monthly Year of Celebrations Pinterest Party with the goal of creating THE most comprehensive, inspiring Pinterest board on the block. Each and every month, we’ll be focusing on a different holiday or celebration, and we’re kicking everything off this month with a party focused entirely on the day of love: Valentine’s Day!
We want you to help us create the most AMAZING Holiday Pinterest Board
What: A Year of Clebrations – January: Valentine themed
When: Sunday, January 26, at 9 p.m. EST/ 8 p.m. Central/ 7 p.m. MST/ 6 p.m. PST
Why: To showcase and share creative Valentines projects and recipes!
Who: Anyone who wants access to the best ideas, or those who want to spread the word about their own terrific creations!
- Amy from The Idea Room // Follow Amy on Pinterest
- Amy from Positively Splendid // Follow me on Pinterest
- Cheryl from TidyMom (That’s me! ) // Follow Cheryl on Pinterest
- Cindy from Skip to My Lou // Follow Cindy on Pinterest
- Desiree from The 36th Avenue // Follow Desiree on Pinterest
- Heather from Whipperberry // Follow Heather on Pinterest
- Jen from Tatertots and Jello // Follow Jen on Pinterest
- Kari Ann from Thistlewood Farms // Follow Kari Ann on Pinterest
- Kellie from Nest of Posies // Follow Kellie on Pinterest
- Kristi and Kelli from Lolly Jane // Follow Lolly Jane on Pinterest
- Melissa from No. 2 Pencil // Follow Melissa on Pinterest
- Mique from 30 Handmade Days // Follow Mique on Pinterest
- Tauni from SNAP! // Follow Tauni on Pinterest
How you can participate:
- Round up YOUR favorite Valentine’s Day projects and recipes. Anything goes: crafts, decor, classroom valentine ideas, sweet treats, and more!
- Follow the Year of Celebrations Pinterest board and the creative hosts listed above.
- On January 26 at 8 PM Central, be sure to log on to Pinterest. As the party unfolds, each of the party hosts will be pinning fabulous Valentines projects and recipes to the Year of Celebrations Board. Followers of the board will be the very first to see these amazing projects!
- Comment on this post and leave a link to YOUR favorite Valentine’s Day project and/or recipe.
- or Tweet YOUR favorite Valentine’s Day project and/or link using the hashtag #yearofcelebrations between 8-10 PM Central and see YOUR ideas pinned to the board !
- On Sunday, January 26, tune in at the appointed time and watch as we build a board full of amazing ideas – including yours!
- Not a blogger? Tune in to watch, repin and comment the abundance of fabulous Valentine ideas shared throughout the event using #yearofcelebrations.
One lucky party participant will walk away with $200 in DIY party products from American Crafts!
**We are so excited to PIN and SHARE all of your amazing projects!**
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ cup buttermilk (or make your own buttermilk )
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp red food coloring
- ½ stick butter, melted
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- Pre-heat skillet or griddle over medium heat or 320°
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Whisk thoroughly to combine until all lumps are gone.
- In a separate bowl, thoroughly mix the buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, vinegar, and food coloring. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the buttermilk mixture. Stir until mostly combined. Add in the melted butter and fold gently to mix.
- Pour batter in 1/4 cup measurements onto skillet and let cook until bubbles form on top, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook for 1 minute more.
- Serve with sweet cream cheese topping
*if you wish to make heart pancakes, use a heart shaped pancake mold or metal cookie cutter. Be sure to grease inside of mold and fill 1/2 way with pancake batter. Remove mold when ready to flip.
© TidyMom. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
For an easy morning: Mix dry ingredients and make topping the night before. Cover and place pancake mix on counter, and topping in refrigerator. Next morning, remove topping so it can become room temperature, and just add wet ingredients to pancake mix, cook and serve.
I’m Lovin’…….Red Velvet Pancakes
Now it’s your turn! Please remember to link back to http://TidyMom.net
Let us know what you’re lovin’ this week!
*Don’t forget to come back over the weekend for the I’m Lovin’ It Wrap Up post……where I feature a few of the great links!!
What is I’m Lovin’ It Fridays? get all the info, how to’s trouble shoot and button here