Easy Black Bean & Chicken Taco Pizza
Refrigerated pizza crust and pre-cooked chicken make this Black Bean & Chicken Taco Pizza easy as can be. Add your favorite taco toppings, and don’t forget the crushed Doritos for unexpected crunch and bold flavor.
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
SAVE this recipe to Pinterest!
Easy Taco Pizza
Pizza is probably one of the most customizable dishes you can make and Taco Pizza is one of my family’s favorite recipes! It’s a meal you can make, and almost guarantee that everyone will eat it.
This pizza gets a head start with pre-made dough and pre-cooked chicken (think rotisserie chicken) – it’s what makes it such an easy recipe. The real stars of the show are the taco toppings that you pile on to your liking. …. crushed Nachos Cheese Doritos for added crunch and bold flavor is a MUST!
A great dinner option if you have picky eaters and it can be on your table in under 30 minutes! Who doesn’t love that! Taco Pizza is sure to be a new Friday Night Pizza Night favorite!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
How To Make The BEST Taco Pizza
- To get started, if you are using rotisserie chicken, pre-packaged cooked chicken, or left-over chicken you will need to use a large skillet to warm the cooked chicken over medium heat until no longer cold.
- Now add a packet of taco seasoning and water to the warmed chicken. Bring it to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes; set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 500°F. and line a large baking sheet (a half sheet pan works great) with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Unroll the pizza dough and place it on the prepared pan. Starting in the center, press out the dough to form crust. (I like to use a pizza roller for this).
- Next, spread your favorite salsa evenly over the pizza dough, leaving a one-inch border around the edges. Top with black beans, seasoned chicken, and cheese…..lots of cheese.
- Time to bake!! Put the pan pizza in the center of the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and the crust is golden brown.
- Now for the fun part! When your pizza is ready, remove the pan from the oven and top with your favorite taco toppings and crushed nacho cheese Doritos!
- Using a pizza cutter, cut into squares and enjoy!
Taco Pizza Tips:
- To make this taco pizza in a flash, I like to use the refrigerated pizza crust in the can (sold by the biscuits), but you can certainly use any kind of store-bought pizza dough or you can even use homemade pizza dough.
- If you’d like to use a round pizza pan: use a 12″ pan for a thick crust and a 14″ or 16″ pizza pan for a thinner crust.
- Swap out ground beef for the chicken
- Add refried beans to pizza sauce and mix into the salsa before spreading it on the crust
Whatever you do just make this pizza, the combination of flavors is spot on with its taco-y deliciousness!
Can you keep leftover taco pizza: Leftover pizza slices can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days in an airtight container and separate each slice with a paper towel or parchment paper. Reheat pizza in the oven, toaster oven, or air fryer. If the microwave is your only option Spoon University says to put a microwave-safe glass of water in the microwave right next to your pizza. Heat it up for about 45 seconds and that’s it!
Can taco pizza be made ahead of time and freeze for later? Yes, you can make this pizza ahead but you are going to need to use a pre-baked or par-baked (partially cooked) pizza crust. Spread the sauce, add seasoned chicken, black beans and sprinkle with cheese.
Let everything cool completely then place the pizza on a freezer-safe aluminum baking tray or a clean piece of cardboard and flash freeze the pizza until solid for about 2-3 hours. Then, remove the frozen pizza from the freezer and wrap tightly with a few layers of plastic wrap finishing with a layer of aluminum foil. Label and freeze for 3-6 months. (save the lettuce, tomatoes salsa, etc. to add right before serving).
To heat frozen taco pizza: Heat your oven to 500°F. If you have a baking stone, place it in the oven as it heats. Unwrap the pizza, discard the plastic wrap, and slide the pizza into the oven. Bake until the crust is brown and the cheese in the center of the pizza is melted 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool a few minutes, slice, and serve with the fresh toppings and enjoy!
Serving Taco Pizza
When the taco pizza is done baking, serve it with fresh ingredients on the side. This will allow everyone to choose their favorite toppings and it’s great for storing leftover pizza. If you think you may have leftovers it’s best to not put all of the toppings on the whole pizza.
How do I know it’s really a success? everyone loves taco pizza! SCORE one for Mom!!
Like This Taco Pizza? Pin It!
Follow Along On Social Media
If you’re looking for even more inspiration check out the fun little group I created on Facebook, I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, home tips, creative ideas and ask questions and see what’s new with TidyMom! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #tidymom so I can see all the wonderful TidyMom recipes YOU make and tips YOU use!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Originally posted July 2014. UPDATED February 2021. We spiffed up this post with more info and better pictures! No changes to the original recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 776mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 6gSugar: 4gProtein: 15g
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used.
Disclaimer: I grew up in a house that used Bush’s Beans, I am now proud to be a brand ambassador for them years! As always, all opinions and views are my own.