BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup
BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup is a super quick and tasty soup with all the flavors of BBQ chicken pizza. GREAT for a busy weeknight meal.
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest!
What Is BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup?
We have been packing getting ready for our move, so I’ve been on the lookout for quick easy dinners, that I can whip up with little effort.
When Jenny mentioned her pizza soup in her meal plan one week, I quickly added it to my “Dinner at Our House” Pinterest Board. That’s where I save all the recipes that I would like to make for my family – always simple and family-friendly.
Steve was a little weirded out at first by the idea of BBQ sauce in his soup, and Allison question “why BBQ Chicken PIZZA” soup? Think CPK’s BBQ Chicken Pizza in soup form. This soup really tastes just like a BBQ Chicken Pizza. It will be showing up on our table again, I mean, you can’t beat dinner that is ready in about 15 minutes!. LOVE it!
How to Make BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup
(full printable recipe at the end of this post)
Heat oil in a medium-sized pot over medium heat. Add a little garlic and cook stirring, for 1 minute.
Next, add a can of drained Mexican corn and shredded chicken breast to the pot; stir to combine. Pour in some chicken broth and BBQ sauce. Then season with a little salt, pepper, garlic salt, and cilantro leaves.
Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve in a large bowl with a spoon and napkin! Enjoy!
Like This BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup Recipe? Pin It!
If you like this recipe, Jenny has a cookbook you might want to check out, The Picky Palate Cookbook. Full of 133 recipes for even your pickiest eaters! I love that it’s spiral-bound, so it lays flat while you are cooking.
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 11 ounce can Mexican corn, drained (Mexican is just corn with peppers)
- 1-2 large chicken breast, cooked and shredded (I like to use rotisserie chicken)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce (our favorite is Sweet Baby Ray’s )
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Heat oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook stirring, for 1 minute. Add the corn and chicken breast; stir to combine. Pour in chicken broth, BBQ sauce, salt, pepper, garlic salt and cilantro leaves.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve in a large bowl with a spoon and napkin! Enjoy!
Make even more simple with canned chicken, simple use 2- 12 ounce cans.