Sweet and Salty Harvest Snack Board
This easy to make Harvest Snack Board is the absolute perfect fall appetizer packed with both sweet and salty snacks. It’s an easy, fun, and yummy way to make a small gathering or family game night extra special!
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
This post is in partnership with Nabisco and Ritz Crackers. All views, opinions, and love of crispy snacks made from real cheese are all my own. Thanks for supporting the brands we love.
Trips to your favorite restaurant may be few and far between these days, but that doesn’t mean you have to go without the restaurant dining experience altogether. Homemade snack boards and platters are a great way to bring the family together and still feel like you’re at your go-to Friday night spot, all from the comfort of your own home.
Our favorite harvest snack board is bursting with flavors, both salty and sweet while looking festive. Let’s not forget to mention how simple a snack tray is to put together. All you need is a serving tray, a few small bowls, and an array of your favorite snacks and a few new ones!
There is no appetizer more impressive than a snack board or charcuterie board. I’m going to show you how easy it is to assemble a Harvest Snack Board with seasonal treats, fruit, dips, NEW RITZ Cheese Crispers, and more! Perfect for family game night, or any gathering this fall.
How To Make a Sweet and Salty Harvest Snack Board
Fall is a great time to find lots of fun and delicious seasonal treats.
This made it easy to stick to a fall color scheme when choosing items for my board. Mix and match to your sweet and salty heart’s content.
- seasonal candy: like candy corn, trail mix, fall shaped chocolate truffles
- fall cookies: you can’t go wrong with pumpkin
- fruit: apples, pears, and dried cranberries. Keep apple and pear slices from turning brown by tossing them in a little lemon juice or ginger ale.
- candied pecans or walnuts
- pumpkin seeds
- chocolate hummus: fabulous with fruit
For the salty side of this sweet and salty snack board: Introducing……RITZ Cheese Crispers, oven-baked with real cheese, they are sure to be your new favorite too. Available in two flavors – Cheddar and Four Cheese & Herbs. Real, rich cheese you can see and taste in delightfully thin & crispy bites. These are INSANELY good and perfect for a snack board or make for a delicious snack all on their own!
Finish it off with a few favorite selections of cheese.
Why Serve A Snack Board
If you haven’t made a snack board or charcuterie board yet, you don’t know what you’re missing!! There is no right and wrong. Size, shape, or what you put on it….it’s all up to you! Here are a few reasons why you need to make a harvest snack board for your next get together.
- They are quick and SO EASY! Grab a tray, pile on some of your favorite things (you can even clean out the pantry and fridge) and people will be totally impressed. Trust me.
- Snack boards don’t have to be just cheese and meat. Nuts, fruit, candy, cookies, dips, chips, crackers. You name it. You can put it on a snack board.
- Theme or no theme…doesn’t matter! While I love a good sweet and salty snack board, you can always stick with the season or holiday, color scheme, or simply no theme at all.
- As simple or as fancy as you want. Fill a tray with a variety of chips and crackers around a dip in a fun bowl, it doesn’t get more simple than that!
- Make a snack board for two or a crowd! I love serving a snack board for my family on game night or one for me and Steve while we watch a movie, but I also LOVE serving snack boards for a party.
Snack Board Like A Pro
Add texture and color and shape
You want to make sure you add a variety with your food choices. Remember we eat with our eyes first. The most beautiful snack boards have varying colors, textures, shapes, and heights. Don’t try to make it picture-perfect.
Make sure your serving platter is food safe
Whenever you’re making charcuterie or snack boards, you’ll want to make sure you have a nice large serving platter or board, just be sure it’s food-safe. If you’re not sure, the safe bet is to place a piece of parchment paper over the surface to protect the food.
Only one rule to follow
Variety and randomness rule. Pile everything onto your board – some in rows, others in piles, while some are fanned around dishes. The wider the variety, the more beautiful the snack board. Don’t try to plan where you’re going to put anything. Let it happen organically.
Use a few small bowls/ramekins
Bowls will act as your anchors. It’s always the first thing I think about, how many small bowls can I use on my board, and where I want to place them. The bowls give you a good starting point for building your snack board. Fill the bowls with dips, sauces, and small items like nuts, candy, seeds, popcorn, etc. If you have leftover ingredients to serve, fill extra ramekins and bowls to place around your board or tray.
You can use round, square, or rectangle-shaped …..
- serving/drink tray (with an edge or lip is best)
- large serving platter or plate
- cheese board
- wood cutting board
- rimmed baking sheet
Open up more cheese-baked goodness in your life with NEW RITZ Cheese Crispers.
If you are local to the Greater St. Louis area you are going to be happy to hear that from now through Tuesday, 10/13/20, using your Schnucks Rewards App you can save 30% off your purchase of any TWO RITZ Cheese Crispers (7oz.), RITZ Toasted Chips or RITZ Crisp & Thins (7.1 oz – 8.1 oz.), Limit 5 Per Account
Want to keep it simple? Use a large round tray, place a festive bowl filled with your favorite dip and pile up a variety of RITZ Cheese Crispers, RITZ Toasted Chips and RITZ Crisp & Thins. Put some candy in a bowl, place a few faux fall leaves around the tray, light a pumpkin candle, and voila! You have a super easy, cheesy harvest snack board.
Follow Along On Social Media
If you’re looking for even more inspiration check out the fun little group I created on Facebook, I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, home tips, creative ideas and ask questions and see what’s new with TidyMom! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #tidymom so I can see all the wonderful TidyMom recipes YOU make and tips YOU use!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
- Ritz Cheese Crispers (I used both the Cheddar and the Four Cheese and Herb)
- seasonal candies
- trail mix
- pear slices
- apple slices
- cheese slices and a block (I like a triangle-shaped cheese block)
- pumpkin seeds
- dried cranberries
- salami and cheese
- candied pecans
- chocolate hummus
- fresh rosemary to garnish
- Fill small bowls with candy, trail mix and nuts. Leave the hummus in its container to make it easy. Arrange on a tray.
- Fill in open areas with Ritz Cheese Crispers and remaining food items around the bowls.
- Serve and enjoy!