Red Velvet Crepes with Raspberry & Sweet Cream Cheese Filling
These Red Velvet Crepes will satisfy a multitude of cravings with raspberry preserves and a kicked up sweet cream cheese filling to the Nutella drizzled over top! A perfect treat for Valentines Day.
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
I’m a big fan of chocolate, so there’s no questioning my love for red velvet………it’s a given. So, a week ago when I was making red velvet pancakes, it occurred to me how delicious red velvet crepes might be!
So I decided to use the same recipe and turn it into Red Velvet Crepes!
How To Make Red Velvet Crepes Filled with Raspberry and Sweet Cream Cheese
(full printable recipe at the end of this post)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
First, you need a blender, I used my KitchenAid blender (which I LOOVE!) to mix up all of the ingredients until they are nice and foamy. According to Jeffrey, the key to great crepes is to let the batter sit, refrigerated, for about an hour before cooking.
Next, while the batter is sitting, mix up an easy cream cheese filling (I had some leftover from the red velvet pancakes I had made). Spoon the cream cheese icing into a decorator bag fitted with a jumbo french decorating tip.
Once the crepes are cooked, use a spoon to spread some red raspberry preserves down the center of each crepe and pipe the cream cheese filling over the preserves. – oh my word was that a good combo!
I RECOMMEND FOR THIS RECIPE:
*you don’t have to be fancy though, you can use a plastic bag in place of the piping bag, snip the tip off and pipe filling over preserves (no decorator tip needed).
Lastly, just fold both sides over, put them on a plate, melt a little Nutella in the microwave and drizzle over the top. You could do the same with chocolate or even chocolate syrup if you want.
Red Velvet Crepes for Valentines Day Breakfast or Dessert
These red velvet crepes were AMAZING! You could taste the red velvet perfectly, the sweet cream cheese filling was not overly sweet, the raspberry preserves gave each bite an unexpected surprise and the Nutella just pushed it over the top.
As rich as they may look and sound, I have to say, they weren’t that overly disgusting rich at all. They would make a beautiful Valentine’s Day breakfast severed with some fruit or served as a dessert.
More Red Velvet Recipes for Valentine’s Day
With raspberry preserves, a kicked up sweet cream cheese filling with Nutella drizzled over top make these crepes a real treat any day!
Follow Along On Social Media
If you’re looking for even more inspiration check out the fun little group I created on Facebook, I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, home tips, creative ideas and ask questions and see what’s new with TidyMom! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #tidymom so I can see all the wonderful TidyMom recipes YOU make and tips YOU use!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- pinch salt
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- dash of vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- red food color
- extra butter to cook with
- Raspberry Preserves
- Sweet Cream Cheese Filling
- Nutella (or chocolate)
Sweet Cream Cheese Filling
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/ 2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon strong coffee
- 1 teaspoon rum (optional)
- Combine 2 whole eggs + 1 egg yolk, milk, water, salt, sugar, vanilla food color, and melted butter in a blender and pulse until foamy.
- Add flour and cocoa powder and pulse until smooth. Let the batter sit for an hour.
- Prepare Cream Cheese Filling by mixing all filling ingredients with mixer until well combined and smooth, set aside.
- After batter sits for one hour, heat a small non-stick pan. Add butter to coat. Pour 1 ounce of batter into the center of the pan and swirl to spread evenly. Cook until the top loses its gloss, which should only take a minute, then flip. The bottom should be golden.
- Cook the other side for about 15 seconds and then slide out onto a plate.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Prepare crepes by spreading a one inch wide strip of raspberry preserves down center of crepe, then top with cream cheese filling.
- Fold each side of crepe over filling and plate.
- Melt Nutella in microwave for about 30 seconds and drizzle over crepes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 395Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 112mgSodium: 233mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 11g
Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used.