Recipes

30 Banana Recipes | I’m Lovin’ It

Bananas don’t always have to be mellow yellow. Fall in love with their dark side too, with 30 of the BEST Banana Recipes!

30 of the Best Banana Recipes at TidyMom.net

Every week when I go grocery shopping I buy bananas, some weeks we eat them all, but more often than not, we have a few that get too ripe before we can eat them.  It’s at this point, when the peels become speckled with brown spots and their firm pulp goes soft that people often think bananas are over the hill.   But it’s quite the opposite!  Overripe bananas may not be the best for snacking on, but when it comes to cooking, they couldn’t be better……. they are easier to mash, become sweeter (its starch turns to sugar), and more intense in flavor.

I realized the other day that I have shared 17 banana recipes on this blog!  Whether they are ripe or not, my family is bananas for bananas!!

There’s a LOT more to do with ripe bananas than banana bread (although banana bread is probably our all time favorite thing to make with ripe bananas) I’ve gathered up all of my banana recipes and a few others from some of the top food blogs to bring you 30 of the BEST Banana recipes.

You will find muffins, breads, shakes, cakes, french toast, eclairs, cookies, cupcakes, pancakes, puddings, pies and so much more!

Be sure to pin the post to pinterest so you are armed and ready next time you find a few overripe bananas on your counter.

1.  Banana Pineapple Italian Ice

26.  Banana Bread Brownies at Cookies and Cups

27.  Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies at Weelicious

28.  Ganache-Stuffed Banana Pudding Cookie Muffins at Kevin and Amanda

29.  Banana Split Cream Puffs at Confessions of a Cookbook Queen

30.  Banana Split Eclairs at Bakers Royale

How to Freeze Ripe Bananas at TidyMom.net

What’s your favorite banana recipe?

I'm Lovin It Party at TidyMom.net every week!

I’m Lovin’…….Banana Recipes

Now it’s your turn! Please remember to link back to http://TidyMom.net

Let us know what you’re lovin’ this week!

*Don’t forget to come back over the weekend for the I’m Lovin’ It Wrap Up post……where I feature a few of the great links!!

What is I’m Lovin’ It Fridays? get all the info, how to’s trouble shoot and button here

39 Responses to “30 Banana Recipes | I’m Lovin’ It”

1. Heather @ French Press posted on August 8, 2013 at 7:22 pm (#

we’re bananas for bananas as well – your french toast looks TDF. Thanks

2. Karyn - Pint Sized Baker posted on August 8, 2013 at 7:52 pm (#

Love the bananas round up! Thanks for the party!

3. Susan @ Oh My! Creative posted on August 8, 2013 at 8:04 pm (#

Delicious roundup – perfect for weekend breakfast ideas! Banana bread is my favorite too! Thanks for hosting!

4. Lana @ Never Enough Thyme posted on August 8, 2013 at 8:05 pm (#

We love bananas around here! I see several recipes that I’ll be trying very soon.

5. Cookbook Queen posted on August 8, 2013 at 8:17 pm (#

Those cream puffs were one of my favorite desserts. SO good!! Thanks for the feature, Cheryl :)

6. Anu posted on August 8, 2013 at 8:32 pm (#

We always have some overripe bananas. Now I have some new banana recipes to try. :) Thanks so much for hosting!

7. nest of posies posted on August 8, 2013 at 8:42 pm (#

bananas are a huge favorite around here! this round up is beautiful!

8. Lyuba@willcookforsmiles posted on August 8, 2013 at 8:48 pm (#

I love banana stuff, this is a great collection :)
    Thank you so much for the party, Cheryl!

9. Chelsea posted on August 8, 2013 at 8:56 pm (#

Thanks for the party, Cheryl! Those banana recipes are great – definitely pinning! xo

10. capturing joy with kristen duke posted on August 8, 2013 at 8:58 pm (#

my husband loves all things banana flavored!!!

11. Tieghan posted on August 8, 2013 at 9:00 pm (#

Banana recipes are the best!! These all look so good!

Thanks for the party!

12. Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet posted on August 8, 2013 at 9:10 pm (#

This is a great list of banana recipes!!!!

13. Sue {munchkin munchies} posted on August 8, 2013 at 9:21 pm (#

I’m like you in the banana departments…I actually have 15 (I just counted) over-ripe bananas in the freezer:) Time to pin this post! Thanks for the post and the party!

14. LIsa@hooplapalooza posted on August 8, 2013 at 9:26 pm (#

looks like we’re all bananas around here! thanks for the party :)

15. DesignedByBH posted on August 8, 2013 at 9:34 pm (#

Thanks for the party, Cheryl!

16. courtney odell posted on August 8, 2013 at 9:36 pm (#

Love bananas here and I’m always looking for good recipes- such a great roundup!

17. Kristen posted on August 8, 2013 at 10:25 pm (#

Oh my goodness – look at all that banana goodness! Yum! Thanks for sharing my post!

18. Lisa posted on August 8, 2013 at 10:51 pm (#

This post is PERFECT for me! I love love bananas. :D

19. Angie@Echoes of Laughter posted on August 8, 2013 at 11:21 pm (#

Thank you so much for hosting Cheryl! Have a lovely weekend! Angie

20. Sandra posted on August 9, 2013 at 4:22 am (#

I love banana recipes too. I did almost finish a banana e-book, but it had to be abandoned at the time (4 years ago!). I really must go back and finish it. Love your collection of ideas.

21. shelly (cookies and cups) posted on August 9, 2013 at 7:02 am (#

Fun! Thanks for the link up! There are so many recipes on this list that I need to make :)

22. Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen posted on August 9, 2013 at 7:46 am (#

We love bananas! What a great round up!

23. Brooke posted on August 9, 2013 at 8:45 am (#

Thanks so much for hosting, Cheryl! And thanks for the yummy banana recipe round up. I can’t wait to try them out! Hope you’re enjoying what’s left of summer. It’s flown by, hasn’t it?

24. Maria posted on August 9, 2013 at 8:48 am (#

Love them all!

25. Kristy, Life-n-Reflection posted on August 9, 2013 at 9:20 am (#

This couldn’t have come at a better time – Mom and I are making breads this weekend!

26. Gina posted on August 9, 2013 at 9:22 am (#

Awesome- excited to see all these banana recipes. I have had it on the brain with several banana recipes this week. :)

Have a great weekend Cheryl.

27. Debra Elliott posted on August 9, 2013 at 9:43 am (#

Yummy in my tummy!

28. Angie | Big Bear's Wife posted on August 9, 2013 at 10:15 am (#

mm mmm mmm I LOVE bananas! What a great round up!

29. Sommer @ ASpicyPerspective posted on August 9, 2013 at 12:47 pm (#

Great banana recipes! Thanks for sharing! :)

30. BeBetsy posted on August 9, 2013 at 5:50 pm (#

Thank you for hosting this great party. Please stop by and join us on our Tuesday Brag About It Party.

~~Thanks, Sharon & Denise <

31. Julie posted on August 9, 2013 at 6:57 pm (#

Not even an hour ago, I put 3 bananas that were a bit over-ripe in the freezer. I thought I’d save them for smoothies, but with your list, I have a few more options now! Thanks, Cheryl!!

32. Robyn | Add a Pinch posted on August 9, 2013 at 10:48 pm (#

Those muffins are some of my all time favorites. Thanks so much for including them, Cheryl! xo

33. Brenda @ SweetSimpleStuff posted on August 10, 2013 at 1:21 am (#

Love the banana round-up :) Thank you for hosting another great party!

34. Tanya posted on August 10, 2013 at 3:05 pm (#

So many yummy Banana Recipes!! Thank you so much for a great party Cheryl :)

xo, Tanya

35. Jeanette posted on August 12, 2013 at 9:32 am (#

Love seeing all the different ways people use bananas!

1. Pingback: Get Your Color On! Turquoise & Aqua | Creative Blossoming

2. Pingback: Strawberry and Blueberry Oatmeal Cheesecake Cookie Bars

3. Pingback: One ingredient Strawberry Ice Cream

4. Pingback: Weekly Rays of Sunshine #42 | Recipes and Ramblings with the Tumbleweed Contessa