If you’ve been reading my blog for any time, you know my love affair with anything pumpkin. So when I spied Kraft’s Jello Instant Pumpkin Spice Pudding Mix I just KNEW I had to make something with it!! – not a pie, although they do have a yummy Triple Layer Pumpkin Spice Pie recipe on the Kraft website
I had visions of cupcakes! A soft moist vanilla cupcake with just a hint of pumpkin! And why not top it off with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting!……and hey, sprinkle a little cinnamon and sugar on top!!
Oh YUM!!! these cupcakes turned out even better than I had dreamed!?
I’m making another batch for thanksgiving!! What a great treat for the young, and not so young!
Grab up a few boxes of the Kraft Jello Pumpkin Spice Instant Pudding mix on Amazon or if you see it at your local grocer, it’s only available for a limited time!
- 1 Box Betty Crocker Super Moist French Vanilla cake mix
- 1 pkg. Jello Instant Pumpkin Spice pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup softened butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 cup real butter (softened)
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In a large bowl mix all ingredients, batter will be very thick.
- Bake cupcakes 23 mins (test with toothpick)
- In a mixing bowl, blend butter and shortening until smooth. Add a pinch of salt, vanilla and cinnamon. Continue mixing until well blended. Gradually add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Eventually you will have a very thick gooey mixture. On the highest speed of your mixer, stream in the heavy whipping cream- pour nice and slow.
- Continue beating on high speed until frosting is fluffy.
- Sprinkle tops with cinnamon and C&H sugar!
*my first batch of cupcakes fell – not sure why because I don’t think they could have baked any longer – but they still tasted great and you couldn’t tell with the frosting on top!
© TidyMom. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.