Pumpkin Icebox Cake
If you like pumpkin, you’re going to love this Pumpkin Icebox Cake! It’s is a delicious no-bake dessert that comes together in no time. Making it the perfect make-ahead dessert for Thanksgiving dinner.
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest!
So, pumpkin spice season is in full swing. Pumpkin recipes are blowing up pinterest this time of year, but I hope you have room for one more pumpkin recipe!! It’s incredibly easy to make (hello…it’s no bake!). It’s made with pure pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Pumpkin Fluff Icebox Cake is the perfect dessert to serve company or at Thanksgiving, yet simple enough you don’t need a special occasion to make it. And it is absolutely delightful. 🙂
FLUFFY PUMPKIN ICEBOX CAKE
We have not made many pumpkin recipes in our house yet this year, so the other night I planned on making pumpkin fluff dip, one of our favorite fall treats that we’ve been making for years. As I grabbed the can of pumpkin from the pantry I spotted a few boxes of chocolate wafer cookies when it occurred to me……why not make the pumpkin fluff into an icebox cake?!
It’s just as delectable as it sounds. When a fluffy pumpkin spice mousse is sandwiched between chocolate wafer cookies and allowed to set overnight until the cookies become as soft as cake, well that, my friends, is pure heaven.
WHAT IS PUMPKIN FLUFF
Pumpkin fluff is a recipe I found years ago on a weight watchers message board. We’ve always made it with sugar-free instant pudding mix, 1% low-fat milk and Cool-Whip Lite to make a tasty dip that was easy on the hips. This Pumpkin Fluff Icebox cake can be made either way – use all lite or full-fat version of the ingredients.
This icebox cake starts with our favorite fall treat pumpkin fluff, which can be eaten with just a spoon, or as a dip with your favorite cookie. Check out how easy it is to whip up.
click to see more of my recipe videos
I hope that you decide to add this simple dessert recipe to your menu this Thanksgiving or any day of the year, and enjoy every delicious bite as much as my family did! 😉
I’d love to hear about your favorite pumpkin recipe in the comments!
LIKE THIS PUMPKIN ICEBOX CAKE RECIPE? PIN IT!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, home tips, creative ideas and ask questions and see what’s new with TidyMom! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE. Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #tidymom so I can see all the wonderful TidyMom recipes YOU make and tips YOU use!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
MORE PUMPKIN RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
Pumpkin Fluff Icebox Cake Recipe
- 2 (15 oz) can pure pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 (1.5oz) vanilla or butterscotch Instant Pudding Mix (I prefer butterscotch)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 (8oz) CoolWhip
- 2 boxes chocolate wafer cookies (Famous Wafers)
- candied pecans
- In a large mixing bowl, whip milk and pudding mix until well combined. Add pumpkin and spice and blend until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Using a 9-inch springform pan, arrange chocolate cookies to cover the bottom of the pan (this will require breaking up some of the cookies - it's ok for some to overlap)
- Scoop 1/3 of the pumpkin fluff mixture onto the cookies and using an offset spatula, gently spread it evenly over the cookies.
- Top with another layer of cookies, and 1/2 of the remaining pumpkin fluff - repeat with a 3rd layer of cookies and remaining pumpkin fluff.
- Garnish the top with candied pecans.
- Gently cover the cake with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator at least 8 hours or overnight so the cookies soften making a cake-like texture.
- To serve, release cake from pan, cut into wedges and serve cold.