Easy Caramel Apple Dip With Cream Cheese Recipe
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Caramel Apple Dip: A quick and easy dessert with a cream cheese base, gooey caramel topping, and marshmallow creme. Ideal for crisp apple slices, this homemade fruit dip is a seasonal delight that’s as effortless to make as it is delicious.
Looking for more delectable apple dishes for the season? Here are a few of our mouthwatering apple dessert recipes: Upside Down Apple Pecan Pie, Apple & Peanut Butter Bread Pudding, and Streusel Topped Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie, or maybe you’d prefer an apple cocktail. Caramel Apple Moscow Mule, and my easy Apple Cider Cocktail w/Bourbon are popular choices.
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
Table of Contents
Why I Love Homemade Caramel Apple Dip With Cream Cheese
I love caramel apples, plain and simple. If you do, too, you’ll be over the moon with this easy caramel apple dip recipe. This delightful treat is a breeze to whip up with minimal ingredients and no oven required!
- Easy to Make: Crafting this dip is a snap with only a handful of simple ingredients and two simple steps: mix, fold, (and serve).
- Verified Delicious: This apple dip recipe reigns supreme, thanks to the mouthwatering combination of cream cheese, caramel, and marshmallow creme.
- Very Versatile: You can serve it in various ways, whether with crisp apple slices, crunchy pretzels, graham crackers, or dollop on a warm apple pie bar.
- Beyond Dessert: Caramel apple dip with cream cheese is suitable for multiple occasions: a tasty snack, a delectable brunch addition, or a delightful party appetizer.
Apple Dip Ingredients
For specific amounts, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Cream Cheese – a softened brick of cream cheese is the key to whipping up a smooth and creamy apple dip.
- Brown Sugar – is distinctive with its molasses flavor; it should always be “packed” into the measuring cup due to its moist, sticky consistency.
- Caramel Ice Cream Topping – aka caramel sauce, is used for its ability to effortlessly blend with cold ingredients while staying semifluid, making it easy to scoop and enjoy.
- Vanilla Extract* – enhances and layers the caramel notes.
- Marshmallow Creme – is a thick and creamy concoction that gives caramel apple dip lift and offsets the tanginess of cream cheese with fluffy sweetness.
- Optional Topping – Chopped peanuts, pecans, or toffee pieces
- Apple Slices For Dipping – most prefer the tartness of a Granny Smith apple, but choose any crisp apple you like.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
How To Make Caramel Apple Dip!
Savor the sweet and buttery caramel bliss of this apple dip. Create a treat that will tantalize your taste buds with a few simple tools: a mixing bowl, a mixer, and a cute dish. Let’s dip into something wonderful!
When you are baking, you’ll want to use the full recipe at the bottom of the page.
- Beat all of the dip ingredients, except the marshmallow creme, until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in marshmallow creme.
- Smooth or swirl apple dip into a decorative bowl.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce and garnish.
- Serve with apple slices or your favorite dippers.
Recipe Notes And Tips
- Before mixing the apple dip, warm the cream cheese at room temperature (about an hour); this ensures smoother blending and prevents cream cheese chunks.
- Want more “fluff in your stuff?” Whip the brown sugar and cream cheese on high until light and fluffy (about 5 min.). Then add in the vanilla and caramel; blend until smooth and creamy.
- Plan ahead, as caramel apple dip can be prepared in advance, and its flavor improves overnight when covered in the refrigerator.
- Serve the dip at either room temperature or slightly chilled, depending on your preference.
- Ensure you use caramel ice cream topping, not melted caramels, as the latter will harden as they cool and are unsuitable for this recipe
- Feel free to choose your preferred apple variety for dipping; a mix of red and green apples like Honey Crisp and Granny Smith work especially well and look great on a platter.
- For the freshest apple slices, cut them just before serving with the caramel apple dip. You can also coat them lightly with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- When preparing apple slices, use a sharp knife to skillfully remove the core, leaving perfect apple slices without any core remnants. Click for a visual guide on several ways to core an apple.
How To Store This Fruit Dip
If it isn’t all gobbled up right away, you can keep your caramel apple dip fresh and enjoyable by refrigerating it right away.
Refrigerate leftovers after serving, cover the dip tightly with plastic wrap, or place it in an airtight container. Ensure the apple dip with cream cheese is stored in the fridge to maintain freshness.
Consume the dip within 2-3 days for the best flavor and texture.
Freezing is not recommended for this dip with cream cheese, as it will alter the texture and affect the overall quality.
Yes, you need to use caramel ice cream topping over melted caramels in this apple dip recipe. Caramel ice cream topping stays semifluid with cold ingredients such as cream cheese and marshmallow creme, ensuring a smooth, easily scoopable dip. In contrast, melted caramels tend to harden as they cool, rendering them unsuitable for this dip recipe.
The difference between the two creamy jarred marshmallow flavored spreads is the way they are mixed and added ingredients.
Jet-Puffed brand adds water, cream of tartar, and xanthan gum as stabilizers to their marshmallow creme. This makes the marshmallow creme more fluid/runny, which has a silkier texture in recipes, especially fudge, and is an important property for caramel apple dip.
In direct comparison, Marshmallow Fluff has only four ingredients and is double whipped for a thicker, heavier consistency. This process is considered higher quality, although it is more costly.
Honey crisp and Granny Smith apples are ideal for dipping due to their balanced sweet-tart flavors. Honey crisp adds sweetness, while Granny Smith brings tartness, creating a delicious contrast when enjoyed with cream cheese caramel apple dip. You should experiment with different apple varieties to decide which flavors tickle your tastebuds best!
To keep apple slices fresh and prevent them from browning, a simple trick is to toss them in a little lemon juice. The acid in lemon juice inhibits oxidation, preserving the apple’s appearance, adding a subtle zesty flavor, and enhancing the overall experience when dipping it into caramel apple dip.
Whether you’re craving a sweet, savory, or crunchy sidekick, we’ve got you covered with enticing serving ideas:
- Create an inviting fresh fruit platter featuring sweet strawberries and plump grapes alongside apple slices for a colorful assortment.
- Enhance apple dip with a side of cinnamon sugar pita chips, adding a delightful crunch and a touch of sweetness to each bite.
- Balance the savory-sweet flavors of cream cheese caramel apple dip with pretzel thins or sticks; it’s an exciting combination of extra crunch and salted caramel.
- Pair your dip with miniature donuts or madeleines for a gratifying twist, creating a decadent combination of flavors and textures to satisfy a sweet tooth.
- Dive into fondue-style fun by serving your dip with sliced bananas, chocolate-covered shortbread cookies, and fluffy marshmallows, providing a playful and interactive dessert experience for your family to enjoy.
Recipe Variations and Additions
- Add a pinch of cinnamon or apple pie spice for a warm, spiced flavor.
- Drizzle caramel apple dip with chocolate syrup for a decadent twist.
- Top with lightly crushed graham crackers for more crunch in your munch!
- Sprinkle cream cheese caramel apple dip with sea salt for a sweet-salty contrast.
- When you need more than one dip for a get-together, use flavored marshmallow creme, a unique flavor alternative.
- Swap apples for pear slices or strawberries for dipping.
- Experiment with different toasted nuts for toppings, like peanuts or walnuts.
- Really mix it up with coconut flakes or crushed macadamia nuts.
Like This Recipe?
I’d love to hear what you think! Leave a review below and let me know how you liked the recipe!
Caramel Apple Dip: A quick and easy dessert dip with a cream cheese base, gooey caramel topping, and marshmallow creme. Ideal for crisp apple slices, this homemade fruit dip is a seasonal delight that's as effortless to make as it is delicious.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping (divided)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- Optional topping: chopped peanuts, chopped pecans, or toffee pieces
- Apple slices for dipping
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, brown sugar, ½ cup caramel topping, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in marshmallow creme.
- Transfer to a shallow serving bowl or dish, drizzle more caramel topping over the top, and garnish with chopped peanuts, pecans, or toffee pieces if desired.
- Serve with apple slices (also good with mini pretzels and graham crackers). Refrigerate leftovers.
- You can use your favorite apples. I like to use a mix of red and green apples (Honey Crisp and Granny Smith)
- Cut the apple slices fresh for serving or toss them in a little lemon juice to prevent browning.
- This dip can be made ahead of time. The flavor actually improves as it sits (covered in the refrigerator) overnight.
- Serve the dip at room temperature or slightly chilled.
- Melted caramels will not work for this recipe – they will harden as they cool - be sure to use caramel ice cream topping.
- Take cream cheese out of the fridge and allow it to warm up on the counter for 1 hour. This way it will blend easier and not leave chunks of cream cheese in your dip.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 109Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 91mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used and are just estimates. We encourage, especially if these numbers are important to you, to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.
Hi there, I'm Cheryl!
As a wife, mom, and caffeine enthusiast, my journey has taken me from bustling mornings with my family to sharing delicious recipes, home care tips, and heartfelt decorating insights with wonderful readers like you. My love for baking, photography, and tidiness shines through every post I craft. Dive into my world and discover the art of homemaking, one tidy moment at a time. Read more...
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.