Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Crowd-pleasing Buffalo Chicken Meatballs with ranch have all the flavors of buffalo hot wings, without the guilt. If you’re a fan of buffalo chicken wings, you’re going to want this finger-lickin’ good recipe.
Looking for more buffalo chicken recipes? Try our crowd-favorite Buffalo Chicken White Chili, the classic Buffalo Chicken Dip, our popular Buffalo Chicken Pizza, and everyone’s favorite….Buffalo Cheese Fries.
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
My family has a deep love for anything with buffalo sauce. Crispy Oven Fried Ranch Buffalo Chicken Strips are on regular rotation on our dinner table, and Buffalo Chicken Mac ‘n Cheese is a wintertime favorite — especially for football Sundays.
If you’re a fan of buffalo chicken wings like my family, you’re going to love these buffalo chicken meatballs! They are a perfect party appetizer, great for Super Bowl parties or even a light dinner when you’re craving hot wings!
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Buffalo Chicken Meatball Recipe
- Irresistible Flavor: These buffalo chicken meatballs are packed with bold, spicy goodness, delivering a kick that satisfies taste buds.
- Versatile Appetizer: Perfect for parties or game nights.
- Simple Ingredients: Whip up these meatballs with just 10 easy-to-find ingredients, likely already in your fridge and pantry.
- Perfectly Sized: Each meatball offers a convenient bite-sized serving to enjoy.
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Ingredients
To make the best chicken meatballs you’ll need the following:
- lean ground chicken
- panko crumbs
- ranch dressing mix
- buffalo wing sauce
- spices: garlic, green onions, celery salt, onion flakes, salt and pepper
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Making meatballs is super easy!
STEP 1: I use my clean hands to mix all of the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
STEP 2: Roll mixture into one-tablespoon balls – this is where a cookie scoop comes in handy.
STEP 3: After they bake for 15 minutes, remove from the oven an cool for 5 minutes.
STEP 4: Place meatballs in a bowl and toss in remaining buffalo sauce (we like Franks RedHot Wing Sauce).
STEP 5: Place meatballs back on the baking pan and bake for another 10 minutes*.
Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing drizzled on top or on the side for dipping.
You can refrigerate these buffalo chicken meatballs for up to 4 days, stored in an airtight container.
As for freezing, this homemade meatball recipe freezes exceptionally well. Consider doubling the batch and freezing half after baking; just thaw for busy nights or quick lunches. To enjoy, simply microwave or heat on a baking sheet in a 350°F oven when ready to eat!
If you’re serving a crowd, you could skip the second visit to the oven, and just place them in a slow cooker and cover with buffalo sauce.
Cook on low at least 30 minutes before serving.
Chicken Meatballs FAQs
For a hassle-free and healthier meatball cooking, opt for baking them on a sheet pan in the oven. This method not only makes cleanup a breeze by allowing you to discard the parchment paper and give your baking sheet a quick rinse but also promotes a healthier option.
Baking allows excess fat to drain off the meatballs, unlike frying, which can add extra calories from oil.
Meatballs made with ground chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). It’s important to ensure that chicken, being a poultry product, reaches this temperature to be safe for consumption. Use a food thermometer to check the internal temperature of the meatballs.
Secrets to the Best Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Gently Handle: Mix the meatball batter with your hands, careful not to overmix. Avoid pressing the meat mixture into overly compact rounds; this ensures a tender texture and prevents the meatballs from becoming tough. Maintaining a loose and gentle formation ensures even cooking and a more tender texture.
- Even Sizing: Maintain consistency in cooking by shaping your meatballs into uniform sizes. This ensures that all meatballs cook evenly and are done at the same time.
- Proper Cooking Time: Bake the meatballs at the recommended temperature and duration to achieve a juicy and flavorful result. Be cautious not to overcook, as this can lead to dry meatballs.
- Balanced Spice: Achieve the perfect level of heat by adjusting the amount of buffalo sauce to suit your preference. Taste the mixture before forming the meatballs to ensure it’s just right.
We loved these buffalo chicken meatballs, they really taste just like wings, without the mess and easier on the waistline. Promise me you won’t wait for a football game to make them!
Like This Recipe?
I’d love to hear what you think! Leave a review below and let me know how you liked the recipe!
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs with ranch have all the flavors of buffalo hot wings, with out the guilt in this finger-lickin' good appetizer recipe.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup panko crumbs (or dry bread crumbs)
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce (divided)
- 5-6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping (or drizzle)
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper (or lightly grease).
- In a large bowl combine ground chicken, bread crumbs, ranch mix, egg, garlic, 1 tablespoon buffalo wing sauce, green onions, celery salt, onion flakes, salt and pepper.
- Roll mixture into 1 tablespoon balls and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Place pan of meatballs in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes on pan. Pour remaining hot wing sauce in a shallow bowl, add meatballs and toss to coat, and place meatballs back on baking pan.
- Place pan of meatballs back in oven to bake another 10 minutes*.
- Serve immediately with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
*You could also coat and keep warm in a slow cooker; after baking for initial 15 mintues, place meatballs in a slow cooker and add enough buffalo wing sauce to cover meatballs, heat on low at least 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 47Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 232mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used and are just estimates. We encourage, especially if these numbers are important to you, to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.
Originally posted in January 2017. UPDATED January 2024. We spiffed up this post with more information. No changes were to the recipe.
Hi there, I'm Cheryl!
As a wife, mom, and caffeine enthusiast, my journey has taken me from bustling mornings with my family to sharing delicious recipes, home care tips, and heartfelt decorating insights with wonderful readers like you. My love for baking, photography, and tidiness shines through every post I craft. Dive into my world and discover the art of homemaking, one tidy moment at a time. Read more...
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.