Crispy Oven Fried Buffalo Ranch Chicken Strips
These aren’t your ordinary chicken fingers, nope! They are crisp-crusted, moist and tender, fiery buffalo sauce slathered, where’s the ranch dip…chicken fingers. Crispy Oven Fried Buffalo Ranch Chicken Strips can be on your dinner table in 35 minutes!
We are big chicken eaters at our house. I often joke we are going to grow feathers eventually. So I’m always on the lookout for new chicken recipes. Late last year, Karly at Buns in My Oven (one of my favorite food blogs!) posted a great recipe for Oven Fried Chicken strips and it quickly made its way into our dinner rotation.
The real “secret” to her oven fried chicken is melting butter on the pan that you cook the chicken on in the oven. The first time I tried it, I thought a whole stick of butter sounded like a lot, so I only used 4 tablespoons. The chicken still turned out good, but let me tell you when I finally tried the full 8 tablespoons of butter it made the chicken finger lickin’ good!!
One night while I was gathering the ingredients to make the oven fried chicken strips, a packet of ranch dressing mix caught my eye and I thought “why not add it to the flour for a little creamy ranch flavor”. Sounded good enough, but then I spied the bottle of buffalo sauce and wondered how it would taste if I dipped the chicken in the hot wing sauce in between the ranch flour and panko bread crumbs………the rest is history, my friends!! These Crispy Oven Fried Ranch Buffalo Chicken Strips have been rockin’ our dinner table for a few months now and realized I needed to share them with you all!
Buffalo Ranch Chicken Strips are really simple to make.
5 minutes and they’re ready for the oven. (full recipe at the end of the post)
When you preheat the oven, cut up a stick (8 tablespoons) of butter and place it on a rimmed pan and toss it in the oven to melt.
While the butter is melting and your oven is heating up, place the chicken tenderloins on a plate. Then using three shallow bowls; combine flour and a packet of Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing Mix (not the dip mix) in one bowl, pour some buffalo sauce (we like Franks or Sweet Baby Rays) in another bowl, and panko bread crumbs in the third bowl. Line them all up on the counter in that order, and when the butter is melted, place the baking sheet at the far end.
Simply dip each chicken tenderloin in the ranch flour mix, then the buffalo sauce, then press into panko bread crumbs and place on the pan with the melted butter.
Bake the buffalo ranch chicken strips for about 15 minutes, then flip and bake for another 15 minutes. Then, because my husband likes them extra crispy, I turn the oven to broil and leave them in about another 5 minutes, keeping a close eye on them to make sure they don’t start to burn.
and that’s it!! Perfectly baked, crispy and crunchy Ranch Buffalo Chicken Strips! They are wonderful with jasmine rice and broccoli or dunked in a little ranch dressing.
This was such a good idea!! They do have some kick, but it’s not overly spicy. Everyone devours them and they fight if there are left overs (someone has been known to hide the left overs in the fridge, ahem). They make the perfect quick and easy week night meal the whole family loves! Come on over……I’ll make you some!
CHECK OUT HOW EASY BUFFALO RANCH CHICKEN STRIPS ARE TO MAKE! WATCH THE VIDEO!
click to see more of my recipe videos
Crispy Oven Fried Buffalo Ranch Chicken Strips
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 - 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 cup Franks RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1-1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- ranch dressing for dipping (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. While oven is preheating, place butter on a large rimmed baking sheet in the oven until the butter has melted . Remove from the pan from the oven and set aside.
- Using three shallow bowls or pie plates; add flour and dressing mix to one, and stir to combine, add buffalo sauce to another bowl and panko bread crumbs to the third.
- Dip chicken tenders in flour mixture, then buffalo sauce, then press into bread crumbs and place on pan with melted butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip each piece over and bake for another 15 minutes. Optional - set oven to broil and cook for another 5 minutes for extra crispiness (keep a close eye on them, if they start to burn, remove from oven)
- Serve hot with ranch dressing for dipping.
Making this recipe? Share it with us on Instagram using the hashtag #TidyMom so we can see what you're creating in the kitchen!
Want more great recipes like this? Follow my TidyMom Easy Recipes Pinterest Board