Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Fall is my favorite time of the year, the crisp cool weather, colorful fall foliage, boots and scarves and all of the favorite hearty meals. While I use my slow cooker year round, now is the time I use it the most, filling it with tasty soups, chili, roasts, stews and more. I love tossing a few things in the slow cooker and let it cook all day. It makes my house smell incredible and the prep and cleanup are easy.
Did you know October is Crocktober?! And I’m super excited to be working with Crock-Pot® Slow Cookers because not only am I going to share a recipe for Slow Cooker Pulled Pork today, but one lucky TidyMom reader is going to win a Crock-Pot® Cook & Carry™ Digital Slow Cooker with Heat saver™ Stoneware!
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
If you are someone who uses your crock for parties and/or tailgating , this is the perfect Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker for you!! This portable slow cooker eliminates hassle and mess when transporting cooked foods from home with a secure tight-fitting lid and locking system to ensure contents do not leak or spill.
The Crock-Pot® Cook & Carry™ Digital Slow Cooker with Heat saver™ stoneware keeps food warmer longer so you can take your meal on the road and have it ready to serve on arrival. With Digital settings, you can select your cooking time and go about your day. After cooking is complete, your Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker will automatically shift to the “Warm” setting. So cool right?
The only thing better than crock-pot recipes is making a dish that I can cook once and eat twice.
Recently Kirsten shared her recipe for hard cider pulled pork and I loved that her recipe calls for hard cider. So I combined the amazing pulled pork recipe that I cook in my roaster, and used the WoodChuck Hard Cider for a fabulous Slow Cooker Pulled Pork recipe!
It’s a great dish for football season and postseason baseball!! We’ve been eating pulled pork sandwiches and Buffalo Pulled Pork Nachos!
A delicious and simple pulled pork recipe for the slow cooker.
- 4-5 pound pork butt roast with bone (or pork shoulder)
- 12 ounce bottle Woodchuck Cider (the alcohol will cook off, but for a non-alcoholic version use apple juice or cider)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Rinse roast and pat dry
- Using a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt, olive oil, garlic, minced onion and chili powder until well combined.
- Rub all over roast. Be sure to get into all creases and folds in the roast. Place roast in Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker
- Pour the Woodchuck Cider around the pork roast.
- Place the lid on your slow cooker and cook on medium low for 4-5 hours (about one hour per pound).
- When the internal temperature has reached 145° and is fork ready, remove the roast from the slow cooker. Remove bone (if you have one) and use two forks to shred the meat until it is all separated. Pour 1 cup of juice from the pan over the cooked meat.
- Serve on buns with barbecue sauce, or use to make nachos, quesadillas, chili or more!
Enjoy pork roast, but need dinner in a hurry? Try this Instant Pot Pork Loin, it’s super easy and delicious!
**Every week in October on the Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker facebook page they are giving fans the chance to win a variety of Crock-Pot® Slow Cookers! The contest runs from now until 10/31/14. Make sure you head to their facebook page to figure out how to unlock additional prizes (and increase your chances of winning).
1(one) lucky TidyMom reader will win a Crock-Pot® Cook & Carry™ Digital Slow Cooker
GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED – winner is announced in widget here
- leave a comment at the end of this post telling me what is your favorite thing to cook in a Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker
- Then simply complete the steps in the giveaway widget below. Personal information will not be shared or used for any kind of mailing list, it’s simply used by me to select and contact the winner.
Disclaimer: I have a working relationship with Crock-Pot® Slow Cookers. They are providing the prize for this giveaway, but as always, all views and opinions are my own.
Hi there, I'm Cheryl!
As a wife, mom, and caffeine enthusiast, my journey has taken me from bustling mornings with my family to sharing delicious recipes, home care tips, and heartfelt decorating insights with wonderful readers like you. My love for baking, photography, and tidiness shines through every post I craft. Dive into my world and discover the art of homemaking, one tidy moment at a time. Read more...
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.