Easy Oven Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip (Rotisserie Chicken!)
Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip – warm, decadent, and cheesy, with a burst of bright and tangy wing sauce, easy rotisserie chicken dip never had it so good!
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
Easy cheesy, yes, you please me! Deliciously infused with flavor, rotisserie chicken is the highlight of this easy oven buffalo dip. So crowd-pleasing and yet so convenient to make a perfect appetizer for all occasions.
It’s hard to find a cracker or a chip that this dip doesn’t like, and it goes hand in hand with celery and carrot sticks if you want to slow down on the carbs.
Buffalo chicken dip is a simple go-to for last-minute invitations or unexpected gatherings at your house that takes so little prep time and is ready in minutes!
Why You’ll Love This Buffalo Chicken Dip With Rotisserie Chicken
- Delicious, tangy, cheesy, and full of flavor!
- Throws together in minutes and pairs easily with almost any cracker or chip you have on hand!
- Buffalo chicken dip is a great weekend snack using leftover chicken.
- A perfect last-minute treat using kitchen basics.
- Doubling this buffalo chicken dip in the oven recipe is simple and recommended!
- Transports easily in a crockpot for get-togethers with friends.
- Vibrant and satisfying, this easy oven-baked buffalo chicken dip can be slathered on many different accompaniments.
Ingredients For Your Buffalo Chicken Dip In Oven Recipe
Ingredients you’ll almost always have on hand!
- Shredded rotisserie chicken, or any cooked and shredded chicken you have on hand.
- Cream cheese needs to be softened so it will be well incorporated.
- Bottled ranch dressing to provide added zest and creaminess
- Buffalo wing sauce (we like Frank’s or Sweet Baby Rays)
- Freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese is best because it doesn’t contain additives to keep it from clumping like packaged shredded cheeses.
- Optional Garnish: green onions, blue cheese crumbles
How To Make Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip Rotisserie Chicken
(full printable recipe at the end of this post)
Fantastic flavor and flare that doesn’t get much easier…
ONE: Preheat the oven and prep your baking dish.
TWO: Mix the buffalo chicken dip ingredients and top with cheese.
THREE: Bake until bubbly and serve!
What To Serve/Pair With Your Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip
Vegetable Crudités Platter, or Carrot and Celery Sticks
Toasted Pita Chips, Crackers, Tortilla Chips, Pretzels, or Bagel Chips
Popular Buffalo Chicken Dip Easy Substitutions & Additions
- You can use any cheddar cheese, sharp, medium, mild, or substitute Colby or Colby jack cheeses. Try Monterey jack cheese with peppers if you like living on the wild side.
- Use mozzarella cheese instead of cheddar or a combination of the two.
- If you prefer to use hot sauce instead of buffalo wing sauce, add 1-2 tablespoons of melted butter to the hot sauce and mix well.
- Add a 1/2 cup blue cheese and crumbled bacon bits right before serving for a smokey, cheesy richness.
- You can serve jalapeno peppers, sliced green onions, and cilantro on the side.
- Baked buffalo chicken dip makes an excellent filling for stuffed baked potatoes!
How To Reheat & Store Baked Buffalo Chicken
Best Way To Store Easy Rotisserie Buffalo Chicken Dip
Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
You can also make this recipe up ahead of time; mix, cover, and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. When ready, allow buffalo chicken dip to come up to room temperature, and preheat the oven. Bake as directed (you may need a few more minutes if it’s still pretty cold when it goes into the oven).
How To Reheat Buffalo Chicken Dip
Reheat rotisserie chicken dip in the microwave, stirring every minute until heated.
To reheat in the oven, allow buffalo chicken dip to warm from the fridge, pop into a baking dish and reheat at 350° F.
Check and stir after 10 minutes; continue checking until it reaches the desired temperature.
Easy Oven Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip FAQs
Can you use canned chicken for buffalo chicken dip?
Yes, any pre-cooked chicken can be used in this recipe. I like the convenience of a rotisserie chicken and using the leftovers for the extra flavor it provides.
You can also cook a couple of extra chicken breasts the next time you make chicken; shred and freeze to have it on hand when you want to make buffalo chicken dip.
How do I make this easy buffalo chicken dip recipe for a crockpot instead of the oven?
To make this easy buffalo chicken rotisserie chicken dip in the slow cooker, I recommend cubing the cream cheese and combining all the crockpot ingredients. Cook on high for 1.5 hours, stir until well mixed and turn low for another hour or more until hot.
Why is my buffalo chicken dip greasy?
Pooling oil or greasy dip usually results from overcooking or the ingredients not being mixed well enough prior to cooking.
Make sure you cream the buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, and cream cheese well before mixing with the other ingredients.
Avoid overcooking or baking ingredients at a higher temperature to heat more quickly.
If you have had this happen before using a slow-cooker, try cooking on low for two hours and then reducing to the warm setting to serve.
Don’t Forget To Come Back And Let Me Know How Your Buffalo Chicken Dip w/Rotisserie Chicken Turned Out!
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (I like to use rotisserie chicken)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce (we like Frank's or Sweet Baby Rays)
- 1½ cups freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Optional Garnish: green onions, blue cheese crumbles
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Using a large bowl and electric mixer, beat softened cream cheese, ranch dressing, and buffalo wing sauce. Add chicken and 1 cup of cheese and mix by hand until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a 1-quart oven-safe dish or skillet. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Broil for the last few minutes to get the top layer of cheese a little crispy.
- Garnish if desired and serve with tortilla chips, celery sticks, carrot sticks, crusty bread, or crackers.
Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave.
This recipe can easily be doubled. I usually double it for a party.
Use mozzarella cheese instead of cheddar or a combination of the two
Want to use hot sauce instead of buffalo wing sauce? you will need to add 1-2 tablespoons of melted butter to the sauce.
Add a 1/2 cup blue cheese to the top.
Save time by using store-bought rotisserie chicken. I buy it already shredded from Costco,
Make buffalo chicken dip in the slow cooker. Simply add all of the ingredients to a slow cooker cook on high for 1.5 hours, stir until well mixed and turn to low for another hour or more until hot.
Follow recipe through step 3, cover dish, and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. When ready, remove dip from the refrigerator to bring to room temperature while the oven preheats. Bake as directed (you may need a few more minutes if it's still pretty cold when it goes into the oven.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 32 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 102Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 235mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used.