Vanilla Cherry Coke Poke Cake
Coca-Cola mixed with cherry gelatin makes this rich vanilla cake full of flavor in every bite in this Cherry Vanilla Coca Cola Poke Cake recipe.
Whether you’re a hardcore football fan or you’re just there for the commercials, chances are you will be watching the biggest event of the football season in America. This year at our house, the only thing more exciting than the big game is the fact that I was asked to work with The Coca-Cola Company to create some fun recipes and ideas for a new program they are rolling out this January! You see, my husband is a die-hard Coke fan…….it’s quite literally the only beverage he drinks. We always tease that he bleeds Coke! So this was an especially exciting partnership for our household.
This year, Coca-Cola and Ritz have teamed up to give home-field advantage through their Home Bowl and you’re invited!
Today’s post is jam-packed with fun you’re getting two recipes for your own home bowl party!
Score big by using the Home Bowl products and party ideas, as inspiration for upcoming game day parties. It’s the perfect lineup to bring your family together for the most anticipated football game of the year!
What’s in it for you:
- Party planning made easy! Click here to create a custom Home Bowl Evite invitation and find more game day tips.
- Get access to great coupons by registering for MyCokeRewards.
- Two simple and delicious recipes that are sure to be winners at any football party!
Kick-off the party with Touchdown Taco Bites.
Make your house game-day headquarters with these tasty taco bites —everything you love about a taco piled on top a Ritz cracker and bite-sized!! No penalty flags will be thrown at this & appetizer!
Table of Contents
Touch Down Mini Taco Bites Recipe
Bring on that energy spike for the second half when you add this delicious Cherry Vanilla Coke Poke Cake to the food spread.
Poke cake is always a favorite with every crowd, so this time I used Coca-Cola in the cherry gelatin and poked it into a french vanilla cake for a dessert full of flavor. Cherry Vanilla Coca-Cola Poke Cake for the win!
How to make Cherry Vanilla Coca-Cola Poke Cake
Simply mix up and bake your favorite french vanilla boxed cake mix. – if you can’t find French vanilla, just use vanilla, yellow, butter or white cake. (full printable recipe at end of post)
After cake has baked and cooled, mix cherry-flavored gelatin with a can of Coke and a little water, and stir until dissolved.
Use a wooden or plastic spoon to poke holes all over the cake, then pour jello over the top of the cake.
Set in refrigerator to chill for about 1/2 hour or more. Combine vanilla pudding mix with milk and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Gently fold in whipped topping then spread evenly over the cake.
Cover cake and place in refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Garnish with chocolate jimmies and maraschino cherries when serving.
UPDATED: Coca-Cola “Home Bowl” Sweepstakes HAS ENDED
Congrats to the winners:
** The Sweepstakes Entry Period begins now and closes February 2, 2015. You do not need to pin photos of Coca-Cola or Ritz to be entered to win.
Coca-Cola mixed with cherry gelatin makes this rich vanilla cake full of flavor in every bite.
- 1 package (2-layer size) French Vanilla Cake Mix (plus ingredient listed on box to prepare cake)
- 1 (6 ounce) package Cherry flavored gelatin
- 12 ounces Coca-Cola
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chocolate jimmies (optional garnish)
- maraschino cherries (optional garnish)
- Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package for 13x9-inch pan. Cool cake in pan 15 min. Using a large fork or end of wooden spoon, pierce cake at 1/2-inch intervals.
- Using a medium bowl, add Coca-Cola and water to gelatin and mix; stir 2 min. until dissolved. Pour over cake. Refrigerate 1/2 hour.
- Combine vanilla pudding mix with milk and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Gently fold in whipped topping then spread evenly over cake.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight. Garnish with chocolate jimmies and cherries when serving.
you can substitute French Vanilla Cake mix for vanilla, butter, yellow or white
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me as part of a partnership with The Coca-Cola Company. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Prizes provided by The Coca-Cola Company. The Coca-Cola Company is not a sponsor, administrator or connected in any other way with this program.
Hi there, I'm Cheryl!
As a wife, mom, and caffeine enthusiast, my journey has taken me from bustling mornings with my family to sharing delicious recipes, home care tips, and heartfelt decorating insights with wonderful readers like you. My love for baking, photography, and tidiness shines through every post I craft. Dive into my world and discover the art of homemaking, one tidy moment at a time. Read more...
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.