Beer Battered Buffalo Shrimp Sliders
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Perfectly crunchy BEER BATTERED BUFFALO SHRIMP SLIDERS are insanely delicious and pack a lot of flavor in every bite. Serve as a fun family meal or as an appetizer at your next party.
I am SO excited for today’s post, I’ve partnered with McCormick and made BEER BATTERED BUFFALO SHRIMP SLIDERS!!! I know that is a lot to say in one breath, but these little gems are amazing.
I love seafood. We actually go out for seafood most years for my birthday dinner. Battered fried shrimp has always been a favorite and my family goes nuts for anything with buffalo wing sauce, so when I was developing this recipe I wanted to marry shrimp and buffalo wings together.
Table of Contents
HOW TO MAKE BUFFALO SHRIMP SLIDERS
The McCormick Beer Batter Mix is light, crispy, crunchy and has a hint of beer flavor, which pairs perfectly with the buffalo sauce.
I divided the beer batter mix into two bowls; added McCormick Celery Salt and a McCormick Ground White Pepper for added seasoning to both, and beer to one bowl for the batter. Dredge the shrimp with dry batter mix, shaking off excess then dip in the beer batter, coating well, and drop them into the hot oil. You could actually do this in one bowl, “flour” the shrimp in the dry mix, then add the beer to the remaining mix.
*Note: you can use water instead of beer
It only takes about 3 minutes for these little guys to fry up to golden perfection. Fry in batches until golden brown and crispy. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
Continue frying the rest until they’re all done. The shrimp, coated in McCormick Beer Batter, becomes insanely delicious and super crunchy, you’ll have a hard time resisting them at this point.
* You can rewarm the shrimp in the oven right before assembling and serving
Once you’re done frying the shrimp, it’s time to get everything else together for assembling the sliders. Toast the buns in the oven, slater the shrimp in buffalo sauce, and toss shredded lettuce, carrots, celery with blue cheese dressing.
To assemble the sliders, top toasted but with lettuce mix, beer battered buffalo shrimp, and finish it off with crumbles of blue cheese.
*you might be tempted to use another lettuce, but shredded ice burg lettuce gives these shrimp sliders a nice crunch that is perfect with the shrimp.
You can use smaller shrimp or even one large shrimp per slider (if you get the jumbo shrimp). Either will work.
Want more great recipes like this? Follow my TidyMom Easy Recipes Pinterest Board
LIKE THIS BUFFALO SHRIMP SLIDERS RECIPE? PIN IT!
Serve these beer battered buffalo shrimp sliders with blue cheese dressing as a delicious family meal or appetizer.
- 1½ cup McCormick Beer Batter Mix
- 1/2 tsp. McCormick® Celery Salt
- 1/4 tsp. McCormick® Ground White Pepper
- 3/4 cup beer or water
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 8 dinner rolls
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 stalk celery, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3 tablespoons blue-cheese dressing
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
to fry shrimp:
- Pour oil into deep fryer or large heavy skillet, filling no more than 1/3 full. Heat to 350°F on medium heat, using a cooking thermometer to maintain temperature.
- Mix celery salt, white pepper and batter mix together and dredge shrimp in dry mix, shake of excess and set aside. Add beer (or water) to remaining batter mix and whisk until smooth. Dip shrimp into batter, shaking off excess. Fry shrimp in batches, drop in hot oil and fry on each side until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Remove with slotted spoon and allow to drain on paper towels.
buffalo shrimp sliders:
- Heat the broiler. Slice dinner rolls in half, place cut side up, on a baking sheet. Butter each half and place under broiler until lightly toasted.
- In a medium bowl, toss fried shrimp with buffalo wing sauce until well coated.
- Using a medium bowl, toss lettuce, celery, and carrots with dressing. Divide the mixture over the bottom halves of the rolls.
- Place buffalo shrimp over lettuce mixture, sprinkle with blue-cheese crumbles, and place roll tops, toasted side down and serve immediately.
Disclaimer: I have been baking and cooking with McCormick in my home for 30 years. I’m super excited to have a working partnership with them. As always, all opinions and views are all my own. Thank you for supporting sponsors that allow me to create new content for TidyMom.
Hi there, I'm Cheryl!
As a wife, mom, and caffeine enthusiast, my journey has taken me from bustling mornings with my family to sharing delicious recipes, home care tips, and heartfelt decorating insights with wonderful readers like you. My love for baking, photography, and tidiness shines through every post I craft. Dive into my world and discover the art of homemaking, one tidy moment at a time. Read more...
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.