Buffalo Chicken Chili
Buffalo chicken lovers will line up for this zesty chili. This Buffalo Chicken Chili has two types of beans, chicken, hot sauce, and even blue cheese. It’s a meal that is sure to be a new favorite.
Chili is one of those great “One pot” dishes. This time of year a flavor-packed chili is not only perfect for knocking the winter chill off your bones but its so easy to put together. Other than a cutting board and knife, only a single pot ends up in the sink. And I don’t know about you…….but having less dirty dishes is always a plus in my house.
Let’s Make Buffalo Chicken Chili
Buffalo Hot Wings are always a favorite with my family. Big surprise right? I mean I’m pretty sure we aren’t the only ones. Buffalo Chicken Chili brings all the flavors of our favorite appetizer to the table without missing a beat! If you are looking for a mild chili, you’ll want to move along. This zesty chili starts out with a base of onions, carrots, and celery, just like what is often served alongside buffalo wings. From there, the chili is seasoned with warm spices and of course, plenty of your favorite hot sauce, while the addition of cream cheese adds an unexpected creaminess. The chili is bulked up with two varieties of Bush’s Beans, Great Northern Beans and Kidney Beans, as well as tomatoes and of course chicken. – I used a rotisserie chicken I picked up at the deli to make it super easy. Serve the chili pipping hot topped with crumbled blue cheese for a true buffalo chicken wings experience. 🙂
You can certainly adjust the amount of hot sauce to make sure that it has the right level of heat for you.
This Buffalo Chicken Chili refrigerated and reheated nicely so it would work well for making a day ahead. Making it perfect for when we feed a crowd, especially for game-time and Super Bowl parties.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded (I used a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 (16 ounce) can BUSH’S® Kidney Beans, drained
- 1 (15.8 ounce) can BUSH’S® Great Northern Beans, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup your favorite hot sauce (I used Franks Hot Wings sauce)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- Heat oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, celery and carrot. Cook 5 minutes; stir often.
- Add the garlic and dried spices and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add chicken, beans, tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes. Simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Stir in hot sauce and softened cream cheese until smooth.
- Serve topped with crumbled blue cheese, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 645mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 6gSugar: 5gProtein: 21g
Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used.
10 More Buffalo Chicken Recipes you might enjoy:
Buffalo Chicken Cupcakes (you know you want to go look)
Disclaimer: I grew up in a house that used Bush’s Beans. I am now fortunate to have an ongoing relationship with them as a brand ambassador. This post is sponsored by Bush’s Beans, but as always, all opinions are my own.