S’mores Cookies with Homemade Chewy Graham Cookies
Take a homemade chewy graham cookie, top it with toasted marshmallow and crown it with a drizzle of chocolate and you have S’mores Cookies. A fun twist on the classic campfire treat.
I can usually judge how good a recipe is, by how long it lasts in my house.
These cookies did not last long! I actually got the “is this all you made” look from each family member.
Because it’s summer, and all I can think about it oozy marshmallow and melty chocolate, for gourmet s’mores. Because you don’t always have time to build a fire, I thought Jen’s Chewy Graham Cookies would be the perfect base for a S’Mores Cookies.
Just like the mini s’more pies, no fire is needed for this s’mores treat!!
Let’s take a look at how I did it……….
How to make S’mores Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
- Bake a batch of Chewy Graham Cookies, from My Kitchen Addiction
- cut up marshmallows and place on top of baked cookies (I used the Jet-Puffed S’mores Marshmallows because they are flat}
- put marshmallow topped cookies back in the oven on broil and watch closely (should only take 1-2 mins to get brown) seriously, don’t take your eyes off them, once they start to brown, they will burn very quickly.
- melt about a cup of chocolate chips with a tablespoon of shortening in the microwave, and drizzle over the cookies using a spoon
- Enjoy!………they are especially good warm 😉
S’mores Cookies Essentials
S'mores Cookies with Homemade Chewy Graham Cookies
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 18-25 large marshmallows (Jet-Puffed S'More Marshmallows work great because they are flat)
- 1 cup chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick liner.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer cream together the butter, sugar, brown sugar, honey, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Add the egg and beat until well incorporated. Stir in the flour.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon for the cinnamon sugar coating.
- Shape cookie dough into balls using a cookie scoop, and roll each ball in the cinnamon sugar coating. Place dough balls on the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 9-10 minutes, until the cookie is just set and slightly golden. Be careful not to overbake!
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes.
- Cut marshmallows in half and place and place on top of baked cookies.
- Put marshmallow topped cookies back in the oven on broil and watch closely (should only take 1-2 mins to get brown) seriously, don't take your eyes off them, once they start to brown, they will burn very quickly. Using a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips with a tablespoon of shortening in the microwave, and drizzle over the cookies using a spoon.
Making this recipe? Share it with us on Instagram using the hashtag #TidyMom so we can see what you're creating in the kitchen!
Want more great recipes like this? Follow my TidyMom Easy Recipes Pinterest Board
The gooey marshmallow, the melty chocolate, the chewy graham cookies……….it doesn’t get much better, this is one delicious cookie!!
Warning…… I’m not responsible for sticky fingers after eating these S’mores Cookies!
Like this S’mores Cookies Recipe? Pin it!
More S’Mores Recipes to Try
- Loaded S’more Crepes Recipe
- Pretzel S’mores Bites Recipe
- S’mores Rice Krispies Treats Pinwheels Recipe
- S’mores Magic Bars Recipe
- S’more Cheesecakes Recipe