Take a chewy graham cookie, top it with toasted marshmallow and crown it with a drizzle of chocolate and you have a S’mores Cookie, a fun twist on the classic campfire treat.
I can usually judge how good a recipe is, by how long it lasts in my house.
These cookies did not last long! I actually got the “is this all you made” look from each family member.
Because it’s summer, and all I can think about it oozy marshmallow and melty chocolate, I thought Jen’s Chewy Graham Cookies would be the perfect base for a S’Mores Cookie.
Let’s take a look at how I did it……….
- Bake a batch of Chewy Graham Cookies, from My Kitchen Addiction
- cut up marshmallows and place on top of baked cookies (I used the Jet-Puffed S’mores Marshmallows because they are flat}
- put marshmallow topped cookies back in the oven on broil and watch closely (should only take 1-2 mins to get brown) seriously, don’t take your eyes off them, once they start to brown, they will burn very quickly.
- melt about a cup of chocolate chips with a tablespoon of shortening in the microwave, and drizzle over the cookies using a spoon
- Enjoy!………they are especially good warm 😉
The gooey marshmallow, the melty chocolate, the chewy graham cookies……….it doesn’t get much better, this is one delicious cookie!!
Warning…… I’m not responsible for sticky fingers after eating these S’mores Cookies!
A self-proclaimed neat freak, Cheryl chronicles her journey through homemaking on her blog, TidyMom.net, where she shares recipes, tutorials, crafting and her ever-growing love for photography. This St. Louis mom juggles her passion for life, her daughters and her tiger-loving husband, all while her obsession with tidiness cleans up the trail blazed behind her. Google+