Chocolate Dipped Halloween S’mores Pops
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Scare up an easy treat this year with Halloween S’mores Pops! They have all the same great tastes of s’mores but on a stick, dipped in chocolate and topped with sprinkles. It’s a delicious, ooey, gooey Halloween treat to make with the family.
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
SAVE this recipe to Pinterest!
Every Halloween, for one night, we dress up in costumes to disguise ourselves. Why not disguise a favorite treat as well!
S’mores are a traditional campfire treat with a roasted marshmallow, sandwiched with a piece of chocolate between two graham crackers.
What could be better you might ask! How about taking that delicious combination and dipping it in chocolate with a stick to hold on to! BAM! You now get that gooey marshmallow, melted chocolate, crunchy graham cracker treat anytime you want it.
Table of Contents
Supplies Needed For Making S’mores Pops
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Tools and non-food items
baking sheet: You will need a baking sheet to lay the s’mores on while working with them.
wax paper or parchment paper: Either is fine, you will need it to line the baking sheet. It will make it much easier to remove the chocolate dipped s’mores pops once they are finished.
microwave-safe plate: a paper plate is fine, or any plate that is safe to put in the microwave.
microwave-safe bowl or chocolate melter: You can melt the dipping chocolate in the microwave in a glass bowl or you can use a chocolate melter. Years ago I bought a chocolate melter and it makes it much easier when you are dipping treats in chocolate because it keeps the chocolate warm and melted. If you use the microwave to dip, you will need a bowl that is large enough for the smores to dip into and safe for the microwave. Work quickly before the chocolate cools and starts to harden.
S’mores Pops Ingredients
- graham crackers: a s’more is a graham cracker sandwich. They usually come in a sheet and you will break the sheet in half to make s’mores pops.
- marshmallows: If you can find the big flat s’mores marshmallows, they are perfect for these pops. If you can’t find them, jumbo marshmallows cut in half will work just as well
- chocolate bar: Grab a Hershey Bar or two and break off a few squares for each s’mores pop
- melting chocolate: Here you have two choices. Candy melts are made specifically for melting and dipping. You can also use chocolate chips or almond bark, but you will want to add a little shortening to help thin down the chocolate. Also, don’t feel that you have to stick with milk chocolate, melting chips come in many colors; orange and purple or yellow, orange and white would also be fun for Halloween or any color you want.
- shortening: This is an optional ingredient. The addition of shortening creates a smoother and more manageable consistency if you are using chocolate chips or bark. Adding shortening when melting the chocolate will make a more evenly coated s’mores pop.
- sprinkles: while not a “required” ingredient, sprinkles add fun and color to this Halloween treat. Obviously, you can change out the colors and make these pops for any occasion or holiday.
How To Make Chocolate Dipped S’mores Pops
(full printable recipe at the end of this post)
Simply stack 1/2 of a graham cracker with a chocolate bar and marshmallow and top with the remaining graham cracker.
Place 2-3 on a paper plate in the microwave for about 10 seconds – just long enough to slightly soften chocolate and marshmallow.
Quickly, while still warm, insert a popsicle stick into the marshmallows.
Place the s’mores on wax paper-lined pan and put in the freezer for about 30 minutes. This will make everything nice and firm for dipping.
Melt your dipping chocolate (you can even use chocolate chips just be sure to add a little shortening to the chocolate to thin it down a bit). Dip each of your s’mores and shower with sprinkles while still wet. Place them to dry on waxed paper.
- Spread a little Nutella or Peanut Butter to of the graham cracker halves.
- Use Chocolate Graham Crackers
- Use seasonal Peeps in place of marshmallows
- Don’t have sprinkles? Top with crushed graham crackers, mini marshmallows, mini m&ms or drizzle with melted white (or orange) chocolate.
Besides being fun, these Halloween S’more Pops are super delicious too! I mean, yo….. s’mores dipped in chocolate and covered in sprinkles!! A crunchy, gooey Halloween treat, what’s better than that?!
Like This Halloween S’more Pops Recipe? Pin It!
Nothing washes down a Halloween s’more better than Goblin’s Blood. Simply add a drop of green food coloring to a glass of milk and watch their eyes as you serve it to them!
Follow Along On Social Media
If you’re looking for even more inspiration check out the fun little group I created on Facebook, I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, home tips, creative ideas and ask questions and see what’s new with TidyMom! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #tidymom so I can see all the wonderful TidyMom recipes YOU make and tips YOU use!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Originally posted in 2011. UPDATED in 2020. We spiffed up this post with more info and better pictures! No changes to the original recipe.
Scare up an easy treat this year with Halloween S’mores Pops! They have all the same great tastes of s'mores but on a stick, dipped in chocolate and topped with sprinkles. It's a delicious, ooey, gooey Halloween treat to make with the family.
- 8 large marshmallows (the flat Jet-Puffed Mallows* are great for this- see notes)
- 4 (1.55 ounce) Hershey Chocolate bars
- 8 graham cracker sheets
- 12 ounces chocolate melts (or chocolate chip- see notes)
- 1 teaspoon shortening (*optional see notes)
- popsicle sticks
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper. Assemble s'more by stacking one half of a graham cracker sheet with a chocolate bar and marshmallow, then top with the remaining half of the graham cracker. Repeat for the remaining seven s'mores.
- Using a microwave-safe plate, place 2-3 of the s'mores on the plate and microwave on high for about 10-12 seconds, just until chocolate and marshmallow are softened, but NOT melted. Place warm s'mores on the prepared pan and quickly insert a popsicle stick into the marshmallow while still warm. Repeat with remaining s'mores.
- Place sheet pan with s'mores in the freezer for about 30 minutes. This will make everything nice and firm for dipping.
- Using a microwave-safe bowl, heat the chocolate melts and shortening in the microwave in 30-second increments (stopping to stir) until completely melted. (I usually add a little shortening to the chocolate to thin it down a bit- see notes below)
- Dip each of the chilled s’mores in the melted chocolate and shower with sprinkles while still wet. Place them to dry on waxed paper.
- If you can't find the flat marshmallows, just use jumbo marshmallows and cut them in half
- You don't really need to use the shortening if you use the candy melts, but if you want to use chocolate chips for dipping, it's a good idea to add a little shortening to thin the chocolate a little, which will make it easier to work with.
- I have a candy melting pot that I use instead of melting the chocolate in the microwave. It keeps the chocolate warm, making it easier to dip the s'mores. It's wonderful for making cake balls too!
- Candy melts come in many colors - orange and purple, or yellow, white and orange would also be fun for Halloween.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 357Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 113mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 2gSugar: 34gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used.
Hi there, I'm Cheryl!
As a wife, mom, and caffeine enthusiast, my journey has taken me from bustling mornings with my family to sharing delicious recipes, home care tips, and heartfelt decorating insights with wonderful readers like you. My love for baking, photography, and tidiness shines through every post I craft. Dive into my world and discover the art of homemaking, one tidy moment at a time. Read more...
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.