Easy Beef & Ricotta Lasagna
Create a delicious dinner that the whole family will love with this easy cheesy lasagna recipe that tastes like you spent all day making it without all of the work.
It’s no secret, I like easy dinners. I love to bake, but when it comes to dinner, I like something that requires little work on my part
Most of the time when you think of a dish like lasagna, you think cheesy, gooey comfort food……..but time consuming. But not this lasagna recipe!! I’ve been making this dish since I was about 15. It’s the lasagna recipe I made in junior high home ec class. Why do they no longer call it “junior high”…..it’s now called middle school.
I digress, I was so excited to make this fabulous lasagna for my parents and brother back then, it doesn’t take a lot of skills, but makes one heck of an Italian dish, any level cook would be proud to put on the table!
After that night, I was dubbed “lasagna maker” in the family, and now 30 years later, it’s still the same lasagna recipe I use. I first posted this easy lasagna recipe back in 2009 and I thought it was time to bring this star of our family recipes back out! I made a few tiny changes that involved cheese last week. Total cheese fest = best batch of lasagna ever!
Since back to school is looming around the corner, and schedules are going to start getting busy, this is a great recipe for any week night or, make a big batch for Sunday dinner and freeze a pan for a really quick week night meal! Read this post for pasta fix it and freeze it tips.
Be sure to serve with a stack of napkins!
Create a delicious dinner that the whole family will love with this easy cheesy lasagna recipe.
- 1 pound ground beef
- garlic salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomato
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 pkg spaghetti sauce mix (I use McCormicks )
- 9-12 lasagna noodles
- 6-8 ounces ricotta
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2-3 cups mozzarella & provolone cheese, shredded (we use Sargento)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot or dutch oven, cook ground beef over medium high heat just until meat is no longer pink. Season with garlic salt and pepper Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and seasoning packet. Simmer, covered, for about 1/2 hour, stirring occasionally.
- While sauce is simmering, prepare water for the lasagna noodles and boil according to directions Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add cream cheese to meat sauce and stir until melted and blended, then remove meat sauce from heat. Stir in ricotta cheese.
- To assemble, line the bottom of a greased 9×13 glass pan with 3 or 4 noodles, spread 1/3 of meat & cheese sauce over noodles. Top with 1/3 of mozzarella & provalone cheese, sprinkle with 1/3 of Parmesan cheese. Repeat with 2 more layers.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving, so lasagna can hold together.
ricotta can be replaced with cottage cheese, but after years of using cottage cheese, we found ricotta to be SO much better.
More Lasagna Recipes you might enjoy:
White Pizza Lasagna from How Sweet it Is
Lasagna Bread Pizza from Taste and Tell
Veggie Lasagna from Baked Bree
Sausage and Mushroom Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups from Bev Cooks
Pesto Lasagna from The Italian Dish