Chicken Enchilada Puffs
Turn chicken enchiladas into finger food! by making Chicken Enchilada Puffs!
You may have noticed, we love cooking food that is easy to make and doesn’t require hours spent slaving over a hot stove. Take it one step better, and make food that’s easy to eat with your fingers and my family is in heaven. You can’t beat food you can eat with your fingers. This recipe takes something as good as chicken enchiladas and turns them into finger food! These were perfect for dinner, by using the jumbo size crescent rolls. But they would make great party appetizers by using the smaller size crescent rolls. – either way, you put them together just the same.
You can mix up your seasonings…….use enchilada sauce mix and enchilada sauce, or taco. I happened to have enchilada mix and taco sauce, so that’s what I used this time.
Mix cheeses, enchilada seasoning mix , sauce and chicken in a bowl. Line cookie sheet with foil and spray with no-stick spray. unroll crescents and lay on pan add one heaping tablespoon of chicken mix, near the center of the two short ends fold short ends over chicken fold long end over and under, bringing it up on other side (fold or twist any extra dough on top) sprinkle with additional shredded cheese bake for 15 minutes at 375°
Summary: This recipe takes something as good as chicken enchiladas and turns them into finger food!
- 1 package jumbo crescent rolls
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 3/4 cup cooked chicken (diced or shredded)
- 1/3 cup enchilada or taco sauce
- 2 teaspoons enchilada or taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup Mexican shredded cheese for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375° and line cookie sheet with foil and spray with no-stick spray
- Place cream cheese and 1/2 cup Mexican cheese in small bowl and microwave for about 30-40 seconds, to soften.
- Add seasoning mix, sauce and chicken to cheese mixture and stir until combined.
- Unroll crescent rolls on prepared pan.
- Scoop 1 large heaping tablespoon of chicken mixture into the center of the two short ends of the crescent roll.
- Pull outer corners of the crescent roll over the chicken mixture, and then pull the long end over, completely enclosing filling.
- Sprinkle tops of puffs with additional shredded Mexican cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
I use the Tyson grilled chicken that comes in the bags near the lunch meat.
you may also enjoy Garlic Chicken Puffs – every time I’m asked to bring an appetizer I make them, and I’m always asked for the recipe! Tutorial Image for Pinterest
@TidyMom or scan my QR code with your camera