Taste of Home Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Taste of Home Cream Cheese Pound Cake recipe is a delicious tender pound cake perfect dressed up for holiday gift giving with homemade honey butter.
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
I recently received the new Taste of Home Cookbook 3rd Edition, Best Loved Recipes and All-New Classics.
This is one fabulous cookbook for both the beginner and the seasoned cook! It’s full of 1,563 home cooked old and new favorite award-winning recipes.
Taste of Home Cookbook 3rd Edition, Best Loved Recipes and All-New Classics
- over 1500 recipes
- 20 of these recipes are light for the health-conscious cook
- More than 1,300+ full-color photos
- Nutrition facts
- Prep and cook times for each recipe
- Hundreds of tips, techniques, and how-to’s from Taste of Home readers and experts
- Hardcover five-ring binder, which lays flat on your counter; two splash guards to keep your book’s pages clean and safe from splatters and tabbed dividers for quick reference
- Mail-in card to start a FREE 1-year subscription to Taste of Home Magazine.
Of course, me being me, the first thing I did was start digging thru the sweet and yummy sections. When I found the perfect cream cheese pound cake recipe……..a pound cake to gift with the Cinnamon Honey Butter jars I had made.
Pound cake should have a fine, dense and moist crumb, full of flavor but not too sweet. This recipe did not fail!! I used vanilla bean paste, because I love seeing the specs of vanilla in the cake, and I switched out the lemon extract for almond extract, to go with the cinnamon in the honey butter. Other than that, I followed the recipe to the tee.
I made a few mini loaves of the cream cheese pound cake to wrap up and gift with my Cinnamon Honey Butter Jars, and a larger loaf for my family.
The pound cake was SO delicious, my family devoured it in no time.
I removed the mini loaves from the pan. Let them cool completely. Then wrapped them in unbleached parchment paper and tied with jute twine. I just love how they looked with the jars of honey butter.
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, home tips, creative ideas and ask questions and see what’s new with TidyMom! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE. Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #tidymom so I can see all the wonderful TidyMom recipes YOU make and tips YOU use!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Homemade Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325°
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; beat into creamed mixture until blended.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 1¼ to 1½ hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. (Mini loaves bake for 35 mins)
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
I was able to get one large loaf and 4 mini loaves with this recipe.
I have one Taste of Home Cookbook 3rd Edition, Best Loved Recipes and All-New Classics to giveaway to one TidyMom reader!
Congrats to the winner comment #142 Jen.
Giveaway will end on Dec 20, 2010 at 5 pm CST. One winner with a valid entry will be selected at random using random.org. I will email the winner and they will have 48 hours to claim their prize.
Disclaimer: I was provided my own copy of this cookbook, I received NO monetary compensation for this review.