Red Velvet Cake Truffles
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I made these little pieces of HEAVEN for Heather’s Birthday!
This recipe comes from Bakerella (be sure to check out her site for incredible recipes, ideas and pictures!) . I just knew I had to make them! Go ahead and give them a try! They’re sure to be a hit for the holidays, and of course you can customize them with any flavor of cake, frosting and candy coating you’d like.
I made these stunning treats with both milk chocolate and white chocolate and we loved them both equally!
- 1 box red velvet cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
- 1 can cream cheese frosting (16 oz.) *I only used 3/4 of the can
- 1 package chocolate bark (milk or white chocolate) - ( *I used Baker’s Dipping Chocolate that comes in the cups)
- After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
- Mix thoroughly with 1 can cream cheese frosting. (It may be easier to use fingers to mix together, but be warned it will get messy.) *NOTE I only used 3/4 can of frosting
- Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet.
- Chill for several hours – make sure they are really firm. (You can speed this up by putting in the freezer.) *I put mine in the freezer for about 20-25 mins
- Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package.
- Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm. (Use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off extra – two forks also works great if your chocolate is warm enough.)
- Drizzle with extra chocolate bark
Store in air tight container - does not have to be refrigerated, but I prefer them to be.
*Read all of the comments on Bakerella’s post – she answers a lot of questions. She’s awesome and answered my questions very quickly! Thanks again Bakerella!!!
Here’s how mine turned out!
click here for some tips on making cake ball or cake truffles
Heather says “Thanks Mom”
Hi there, I'm Cheryl!
As a wife, mom, and caffeine enthusiast, my journey has taken me from bustling mornings with my family to sharing delicious recipes, home care tips, and heartfelt decorating insights with wonderful readers like you. My love for baking, photography, and tidiness shines through every post I craft. Dive into my world and discover the art of homemaking, one tidy moment at a time. Read more...
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.