Cake in a Mug
Have you heard of it? Have you tried it? My friend Dana of Homespun Cottage gave me this “recipe”. You too can have cake in 3 minutes!
Allison had a friend over the other night, and we decided to give it a try! It got 2 thumbs up from both girls!! AND, the best part, they had fun making it and watching it cook!
Makes enough for 2 (or one if you really want to pig out).
- 4 tablespoons cake flour(that’s plain flour, not self-rising)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons oil (or applesauce)
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- a small splash of vanilla
- 1 coffee mug
- Add dry ingredients to greased mug, and mix well
- Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the milk and oil(or applesauce) and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips and vanilla, and mix again.
- Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don’t be alarmed! **we used large mugs, so this didn’t happen
- Allow to cool a little. Either eat from the mug, or tip out onto a plate.
We topped ours with some chocolate syrup and a scoop of ice cream! YUMMMMMM! Sure does cure the chocolate fix!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1022Total Fat: 59gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 44gCholesterol: 190mgSodium: 107mgCarbohydrates: 108gFiber: 5gSugar: 70gProtein: 14g
Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used.
Hi there, I'm Cheryl!
As a wife, mom, and caffeine enthusiast, my journey has taken me from bustling mornings with my family to sharing delicious recipes, home care tips, and heartfelt decorating insights with wonderful readers like you. My love for baking, photography, and tidiness shines through every post I craft. Dive into my world and discover the art of homemaking, one tidy moment at a time. Read more...
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.