Lemon Burst Cake Mix Cookies You Can’t Say No To
with recipe video
Enjoy the burst of lemon flavor from these light and soft baked cookies. With the perfect mix of sweet and tart, these Lemon Burst Cake Mix Cookies taste just like spring in a cookie. Your tastebuds won’t know what hit them.
Who doesn’t love a good easy cookie recipe? My family can’t get enough which is why I always at least one of our favorites in the house like my Cookies and Cream Oreo Pudding Cookies, Gooey Butter Peanut Butter Cookies, and Pistachio Cookies with Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt.
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
Lemon Burst Cake Mix Cookies
They say when life gives you lemons you should make lemonade, but I prefer to make Lemon Burst Cake Mix Cookies.
Whoever discovered that you can make the best cookies from a simple cake mix is truly a genius and we should bow down to whoever he/she is. Cake mix cookies are one of my favorites to make because it’s the best hack to guarantee buzz-worthy cookies every time.
This recipe could almost be renamed lemon clouds. With their light and fluffy texture, you’ll think these cookies came right from the sky. That tantalizing texture mixes seamlessly with the sweet and tangy flavors brought to you by the lemon and cool whip. I still agree there is no better pair than a good lemon cake mix and cool whip.
The best part about the whole recipe is that you can whip these out in under 30 minutes! Lemon cake mix cookies really are just as easy to make as they are to eat, because who says addictive cookies have to be complicated?
click to see more of my recipe videos
How to Make Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
I have a great appreciation for the fancy and involved cookies, but sometimes I just want a quick and delicious cookie I can whip up in a minute’s notice. That’s why my last minute cookie go-to is always this lemon cake mix cookie recipe.
The whole thing comes together in under 30 minutes, and is easy enough to let the kids help too. If you don’t believe how quick the recipe is, just take a look for yourself.
- Preheat oven, then in a medium bowl combine dry cake mix, and beaten egg. Once the dough becomes crumbly, begin to fold in the Cool Whip until well combined. Next drop by teaspoonfuls of dough into a bowl of powdered sugar and roll to coat.
- Place the dough on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet. Bake until slightly set and tops are cracked. Cool on pan for 5 minutes then transfer to wire racks to cool. Once fully cooled, serve and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Tips for Lemon Burst Cake Mix Cookies
Whether you’re a cookie expert or a newbie in the kitchen, we can all use a little help from time to time. Here are a few tips I always keep in mind to make sure my cookies come out perfect every time!
- Refrigerate the dough: This cookie dough is a little easier to handle if you refrigerate about an hour before dropping in powdered sugar, but it’s not required.
- Keep the cookies small: You don’t want to make these cookies too big, the key is to keep them small.
- Use a cookie scoop: Since the cookie dough is sticky and to keep your cookie size small and consistent, try using a small cookie scoop to drop cookie dough into powdered sugar, for easier handling.
- Switch up the cake mix: We all love lemon, but sometimes the same old thing can get boring. Try making these cookies using strawberry or orange cake mix to add some variety into your dessert life!
Lemon Obsessed? Then You’re Going To Love These!
Meyer Lemon Pie This pie packs a ton of sweet lemon flavor with a fluffy texture. A simple homemade dessert perfect for spring. The pie is not overly sweet and has plenty of citrus love all the way through to the homemade whipped cream on top!
Lemon Strawberry Poke Cake A refreshing and light dessert for hot summer days. The creamy lemon frosting pockets and fluffy strawberry mousse make this a favorite with everyone.
Lemon Blueberry Muffins with Crumb Topping The bright tang of lemon mingled with sweet juicy blueberries makes these muffins worth waking up for. The crumb topping makes them over-the-top delicious! They make the perfect addition to any breakfast, brunch or snack time.
Easy Lemon Rolls These delicious lemon rolls are an incredible alternative to cinnamon rolls. They are perfect for a spring breakfast or brunch, for Easter breakfast or Mother’s Day breakfast.
Lemon Drop Martini With Elderflower A sophisticated twist on a classic cocktail. The signature light and zesty favorite combines vodka, triple sec, fresh lemon juice and elderflower cordial. It’s the perfect combination of sweet and tart with all the bright lemon flavor you love and easy to make!
Sangria Lemonade Two of summer’s best sippers – sangria and lemonade – come together in this refreshing recipe. Made with just a handful of ingredients making it a no-brainer addition to your next bbq, book club or happy hour menu.
Like this Lemon Burst Cake Mix Cookies recipe? Pin it!
A Lemon Cookie Recipe too Good to Pass Up!
I’m sure you’re dying to get to the recipe by now, and I don’t blame you. There’s no more time to waste, so lets get to the kitchen and start baking! I know you’re going to love the recipe as much as I do.
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, home tips, creative ideas and ask questions and see what’s new with TidyMom! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE. Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #tidymom so I can see all the wonderful TidyMom recipes YOU make and tips YOU use!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
- 1 box Lemon* Cake Mix (with pudding in the mix)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, completely thawed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (for rolling)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a medium bowl combine dry cake mix, and beaten egg. Mixture will be crumbly. Fold in thawed Cool Whip until well combined. Dough will be thick and sticky.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls into a bowl of powdered sugar and roll to coat.
- Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or silicon baking sheet. Bake for 10- 12 minutes or until slightly set and tops are cracked. Cool on pan for 5 minutes then transfer to wire racks to cool.
*Try making these cookies using strawberry or orange cake mix for variety.