Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza
Make homemade Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza, for your next pizza night! This is a family favorite recipe that we never seem to have any leftovers of and it’s better than any delivery you can get!
We really love ranch, and I love finding delicious ways to incorporate it into all kinds of recipes! If you’re a ranch lover too, you need to check out our Crispy Oven-Fried Buffalo Ranch Chicken Strips, BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad Sandwich, and Buffalo Chicken Meatballs.
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
Why We Love Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza
Lately, I’ve been in sort of a “what to fix for dinner” rut. I’m tired of the same old stuff, yet my family can be too picky to try something too new. That’s when I remembered – chicken bacon ranch pizza! It’s a classic weeknight dinner in our house that I hadn’t made in so long. I wondered – after all this time, did it still hold up?
The answer? YES, obviously! Every delicious slice of pizza was gobbled up faster than I thought was even possible. I’m usually a two-slicer myself, but I found myself craving a third slice of that incredibly flavorful chicken and bacon topped pizza. It’s truly too tempting to resist!
Next time you find yourself in a similar dinner rut like me, this easy pizza recipe will certainly shake things up for you. It’s a picky-eater-approved dinner that will make everyone happy! And take it from me – don’t be afraid to treat yourself to that cheesy third slice.
Ingredients for Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza
- pizza crust – I usually buy the pre-made pizza crusts at the store. You could also buy the dough (Trader Joes has great pizza dough), or make the pizza crust from scratch.
- olive oil – Olive oil has the best flavor for this pizza, but any other neutral-flavored oil like avocado or vegetable will work too.
- Italian seasoning – A blend of dried herbs and spices creating the perfect spice blend to use in many Italian dishes. You can usually find it anywhere you buy spices or you can make your own Italian seasoning blend.
- garlic powder – What’s pizza without garlic?!
- ranch dressing – Ranch is going to serve as the “sauce” of the pizza.
- tomato – Slice it and dice it! Try to find a juicy, ripe red tomato for the best results.
- green onion – Just like the tomato, you want the green onion to be fresh for the best texture/flavor.
- shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese – If you can, shred your own cheese, it’s SO much better than the pre-shredded cheese from the store.
- parmesan cheese – Grate your own if you can, or buy grated parmesan at the grocery store where they sell the specialty cheese (it’s SO much better than the stuff in the green can)
- chicken – Rotisserie or leftover chicken is great for this pizza. You could also just cut up 8 ounces of chicken breasts and saute it in a skillet with a little olive oil and garlic.
- bacon – I use the fully cooked microwave bacon from the store when I’m in a hurry. After all, frying bacon is messy for just 4 pieces.
How To Make Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza
(full printable recipe at the end of this post)
PREHEAT OVEN: Start by preheating your oven to 425° F.
PREP CRUST: While that’s heating up, prepare the pizza crust. Put the pizza crust on a pizza pan/stone or pizza peel. Then, using a pastry brush, lightly brush the entire crust with olive oil and season with Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
ADD SAUCE AND TOPPINGS: Add your “sauce” by evenly spreading the ranch dressing over the crust. Next, sprinkle all of the cheeses over the ranch. Then top the cheese off with chicken, tomatoes, green onions, and of course – bacon crumbs!
BAKE: Time to bake! Simply place the pizza in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden.
SERVE: Once you pull the cooked pizza out of the oven, let it rest for several minutes before cutting and serving.
Homemade Pizza Tips & Variations
Make sure your oven is good and hot. 425°-500°F is best.
I like to use my pizza stone when I make any pizza. You want to put the stone in the oven while the oven is preheating. Then, use a pizza peel to place the unbaked pizza in the oven on the hot stone. The hot stone transmits heat to the bottom of the pizza crust, just like the floor of a wood-fired oven. If you put the pizza on a cold stone and put them in the hot oven, you will not get the same results. If you don’t have a stone, a simple overturned sheet pan will work.
If you are making your own pizza crust, don’t use cold dough. Remove the pizza dough from the fridge a half hour to an hour before cooking.
Brush the crust with oil. You’ll get great color, crunch, and flavor.
As tempting as it may be, don’t use any more ranch than what’s called for in this recipe. If there’s too much ranch/sauce, it will make your crust soggy.
When your pizza is done, transfer it to a cooling rack to prevent steaming and keep the crust crisp.
Storing & Freezing Homemade Pizza
How long will chicken bacon ranch pizza stay fresh? In an airtight container in the fridge, any leftover slices you have of this pizza will stay fresh for up to 3 days.
To reheat leftover pizza in an air fryer, simply preheat the air fryer or oven to 350°F and cook pizza for 3-4 minutes.
To reheat leftover pizza in the oven, preheat the oven to 350°F and cook pizza for about 10 minutes, or until heated through. You can also use a toaster oven for 3-4 minutes to reheat pizza.
There is a little “trick” to reheat leftover pizza in the microwave. All you have to do is put a microwave-safe glass of water in the microwave right next to your slice of pizza. Heat for 30-45 seconds. The water helps the crust stay crispy, while allowing the cheese to melt. Place the pizza on parchment paper in the microwave will also help with a crisp crust. No more soggy leftover pizza!!
Can I freeze this pizza? This cooked pizza will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 3 months. You can also reheat it without thawing – just pop it back in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until it’s thoroughly warmed up.
What To Serve With Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza
Simple Italian Salad with homemade zesty vinaigrette pairs perfectly with pizza.
Garlic Cheese Bread goes perfectly with pizza, and it’s terribly easy to make.
Oven-Fried Pickles are perfectly crispy and seriously easy to make! Restaurant-worthy without the hassle and calories of frying in oil.
Homemade Ranch Dressing is always better than store-bought and only takes a few minutes to make.
Italian Ice is a simple frozen treat that is an impressive dessert served any time of the year.
Like This Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza Recipe? Pin It!
Follow Along On Social Media
If you’re looking for even more inspiration check out the fun little group I created on Facebook, I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, home tips, creative ideas and ask questions and see what’s new with TidyMom! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #tidymom so I can see all the wonderful TidyMom recipes YOU make and tips YOU use!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Originally posted in Aug 2010. UPDATED APRIL 2021. We spiffed up this post with more info and better pictures! No changes to the original recipe.
- 1 pizza crust
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2/3 cup ranch dressing
- 1 tomato, sliced and diced
- 1/4 cups green onion, chopped
- 1½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese *(see notes)
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese *(see notes)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1½ cup chopped or shredded cooked chicken *(see notes)
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled *(see notes)
- Preheat oven to 425° F
- Put the pizza crust on a pizza pan or pizza peel. Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the entire crust with olive oil and season with Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Evenly spread ranch dressing over the crust.
- Sprinkle with cheese then top with chicken, tomatoes, green onions, and bacon crumbs.
- Place the pizza* in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden. Let rest for several minutes, then cut and serve.
- I use my pizza stone and heat it in the oven while preheating the oven. Then I use a pizza peel to place the unbaked pizza in the oven on the hot stone. The hot stone transmits heat to the bottom of the pizza crust, just like the floor of a wood-fired oven. If you put the pizza on a cold stone and put them in the hot oven, you will not get the same results
- Pizza Crust: I usually buy the pre-made pizza crusts at the store. Or you could buy the dough (Trader Joe's has great pizza dough) or make the crust from scratch.
- Chicken: Rotisserie or leftover chicken is great for this pizza, or just cut up 8 ounces of chicken breasts and saute in a skillet with a little olive oil and garlic.
- If you can, shred your own cheese, it's SO much better than the pre-shredded cheese from the store.
- I use the fully cooked microwave bacon from the store when I'm in a hurry. Afterall, frying bacon is messy for just 4 pieces 😉
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 485Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 893mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 20g
Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used.