Oven-Baked Pineapple Chicken Quesadillas (VIDEO)
Oven-Baked Pineapple Chicken Quesadillas are super easy to make and you’ll have dinner in under 20 minutes. They are stuffed with southwest seasoned chicken, caramelized pineapple, sweet peppers and onions with lots of melty cheese.
Looking for an easy family-friendly Mexican-inspired recipes? You’ll also love Easy Chicken Quesadillas With Fire Roasted Salsa, Southwest Chicken Quesadilla Salad, Black Bean Mexican Pizza, and Honey-Lime Chicken Enchiladas.
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
With the days getting warmer (finally) and longer I am always on the lookout for easy, yet super flavorful meals. Oven-baked quesadillas are made in the oven, obviously, allowing you to make multiple Pineapple Chicken Quesadillas at the same time. Perfect for making quesadillas for the whole family or a crowd.
Most weeks our meal plan includes a Mexcian themed meal and we love quesadillas. But, I have to be honest, standing and cooking each one up individually doesn’t cut it on busier nights or get-togethers.
I’ve shared pineapple on a Hawaiian burger and you all loved it! I’m about to blow your mind with caramelized pineapple on a chicken quesadilla. It’s a quick meal that needs to be on your summer meal plan or party menu.
How to Make Oven-Baked Pineapple Chicken Quesadillas
(see full printable recipe at the end)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Lots of flavors here and something to keep your taste buds happy. I stuffed these tortillas with the caramelized pineapple, bell peppers and onions with rotisserie chicken, and tons of cheese and fresh cilantro. Then the whole shebang was crisped in the oven…… best idea ever!
First, heat a large nonstick pan with a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat.
Add onions and bell peppers. Cook for 4-5 minutes, tossing occasionally until softened.
Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
Then add drained pineapple and cook an additional 2-3 minutes until slightly caramelized. Remove the mixture from the pan and set it aside.
Now you’re going to add chicken to the pan.
Any pre-cooked chicken will work for these quesadillas. If you’re in the habit of buying shredded rotisserie chicken like I do that will work perfectly. But grilled, baked, or leftover chicken will work too. Or you can just cook it up quickly in the pan first. Just aim for about 1.5 cups of cooked chicken.
Add water and taco seasoning to the pan with cooked chicken. Warm over medium heat, mixing occasionally until heated through, about 3-5 minutes.
Return the pineapple mixture to the pan with the chicken and squeeze with lime juice, add chopped cilantro and stir to combine.
Here’s the “trick” to getting crispy oven-baked quesadillas. Lightly brush one side of each tortilla with olive oil. Place oil side down on a large baking sheet. The oil will help the tortillas get brown and crispy.
We like lots of cheese on our quesadillas. LOTS 😉
Covering half of the surface of each tortilla, sprinkle with cheese, top with the pineapple chicken mixture, and then add more cheese if you want cheesy quesadillas.
Fold the tortillas in half and place in a hot oven (on broil works best) for about 2 minutes, until golden brown. Be sure to watch them VERY closely….they can go from barely brown to burn in no time. I usually stand right by the oven.
Flip the chicken quesadillas and broil another 1-2 minutes on the other side, again watching closely.
What To Serve With Oven-Baked Pineapple Chicken Quesadillas
These Oven-Baked Pineapple Chicken Quesadillas will make your taste buds sing!
Like this Pineapple Chicken Quesadillas Recipe? Pin It!
Follow Along On Social Media
If you’re looking for even more inspiration check out the fun little group I created on Facebook, I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, home tips, creative ideas and ask questions and see what’s new with TidyMom! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #tidymom so I can see all the wonderful TidyMom recipes YOU make and tips YOU use!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
recipe originally posted in April 2018
- 1½ cup cooked chicken, shredded ( I use rotisserie chicken)
- 4 (8-10 inch) tortillas
- 1-2 bell peppers ( I used red and green)
- 1 small red onion
- 8 ounces pineapple chunks, drained
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1-2 cups Monterey Jack cheese
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 ounce fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven broil or 500° F . Thinly slice the onion. Core, seed, and slice bell peppers. Drain the pineapple.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet with a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and bell peppers. Cook for 4-5 minutes, tossing occasionally until softened. Season with salt and pepper. Add drained pineapple and cook an additional 2-3 minutes until slightly caramelized. Remove mixture from pan and set aside.
- Add the chicken, water, and taco seasoning to skillet. Warm over medium heat, mixing occasionally until heated through, about 3-5 minutes. Return the pineapple mixture to the pan with the chicken and squeeze with lime juice and add cilantro.
- Lightly brush one side of each tortilla with olive oil. Place oil side down on a baking sheet. Add half of the cheese to one half of each tortilla. Top with pineapple chicken mixture and remaining cheese. Fold tortillas in half and place in the oven for about 2 minutes, until golden brown (watch closely). Flip and broil another 1-2 minutes on other side, again watching closely.
- Cut the quesadillas into 2-4 pieces each and serve with some sour cream and pico de gallo and/or avocado cream sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 472Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 789mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 11gProtein: 28g
Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used.