Caramel Apple Gingerbread Cake
One of the disadvantages of going some where for Thanksgiving dinner, means there are no leftovers in the house. Namely…..NO LEFT OVER DESSERTS in the house.
Now, while that SHOULD be a good thing, my sweet tooth was calling over the weekend and I wanted a yummy simple dessert. I quickly remembered the pie filling and recipes Lucky Leaf had sent me to try, and at the top of our list was Caramel Apple Gingerbread Cake.
You may remember some of the other fantastic desserts I’ve made with Lucky Leaf Pie filling, like Angel Food Delight and Sweetheart Cherry Cake . Their premium pie filling is my very favorite and I love how they “think outside the pie” with many of their recipes!
This recipe is the epitome of fall and the holidays. Every flavor in them reminds me of the season: the spices, the gingerbread, the apples, the caramel. Each element comes through in the finished cake! Be sure to garnish the top of each serving with a big dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle with a little nutmeg.
You’ll impress your guests with this cake and they’ll have no idea how easy it was.
- 1 package (14.5-ounce) gingerbread mix prepared (you will need ingredients listed on the box)
- 1 can (21 oz.) LUCKY LEAF APPLE PIE FILLING
- 1/4 cup caramel-flavored ice cream topping
- Whipped Cream
- nutmeg or cinnamon to garnish
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9x9x2-inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl prepare gingerbread mix according to package directions (mine just needed an egg and some water). Fold the apple pie filling into the batter.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let cool about 30 minutes. Serve cake with caramel, whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 53mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used and are just estimates. We encourage, especially if these numbers are important to you, to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.
Don’t miss my weekly holiday interviews with some of my favorite bloggers
Thank you to Lucky Leaf for sending me products for this recipe. I was in no other way compensated to publish this post. These are my real opinions.
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.