Beer Margarita aka Beergarita
This easy recipe for a Beer Margarita has only 3 ingredients and is dripping with Mexican flavors. Just in time for Cinco de Mayo, game day or your summer sipping pleasure.
Move over Micheladas……there’s a new beer cocktail that’s trending and it’s light, not too sweet, refreshing and super easy, to make!
At its best, a beer margarita is one of the great drinks of summer, light Mexican beer (think Corona or Pacífico); white tequila and frozen limeade. Something for the cocktail lover and brewski lover = Beergarita, if you will 😉
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
How Do You Make a Beer Margarita?
I RECOMMEND FOR THIS COCKTAIL:
Line the rims with lime juice and salt and then add all of your ingredients into a pitcher and stir well.
Then pour over lots of ice, garnish with lime.
As for what kind of beer to use, I use Corona Light and even though it’s not a Mexican beer, Budlight Lime would be great too.
Like a sweeter drink? Use a white soda, like Sprite instead of water.
Even if you’re not a fan of beer BUT you like margaritas, I think you will love this cocktail.
This might be the best margarita I’ve ever had. And I’ve had a lot of margaritas! 😉
Can you make a frozen Beer Margarita?
Sure you can make frozen beergaritas!! Simply add all of the ingredients EXCEPT for the beer to a blender with ice. Pour into a salt-rimmed glass and top with an ice cold beer!
Want to make Beer Margaritas ahead of time?
This cocktail recipe is super quick to make, but if you’d like to make a pitcher (or two or three) ahead of time, just follow the recipe below WITHOUT the beer. Then just add the beer when you are ready to serve!
You can also freeze the beer margarita in the freezer until ready to serve (pour into Ziploc freezer bags). You can add beer before or after freezing
The recipe (below) is for a pitcher (perfect for entertaining) — feel free to adjust some of the flavors to your tastes.
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen limeade, thawed but still cold or partially frozen
- 12 ounces white tequila
- 12 ounces Corona Extra (I used Corona Light), well chilled
- 12 ounces cold water
- coarse salt and lime wedges (garnish)
- In a large pitcher, combine limeade, tequila, beer, and water and stir until well-blended.
- Rub a glass's rim with a lime wedge and dip into a dish of coarse salt to create a salt rim, if desired.
- Pour into ice-filled glasses and garnish with lime wedge.
- Budlight Lime would work well too
- to serve frozen, put all ingredients except for the beer in a blender with ice. Stir in beer when serving.
- want a sweeter beer margarita? try replacing water with Sprite.
- To mix ahead of time, mix without beer. Add beer to the pitcher when ready to serve.
Making this recipe? Share it with us on Instagram using the hashtag #TidyMom so we can see what you're creating in the kitchen!
Want more great recipes like this? Follow my TidyMom Easy Recipes Pinterest Board
Like this Beer Margarita (or Beergarita) cocktail recipe? Pin it!