Beer Cheese Dip – Pub-Style
Pub-style Beer Cheese Dip. Serve warm or cold, everyone will love this dip. It’s perfect for game day or anytime you need a cheesy snack.
How is it we are already talking about Super Bowl? I feel like I just finished taking down Christmas. Nonetheless, one of the great snack food days of the year is upon us — tell me I’m not the only one more excited about the food and commercials than the game – and it’s time to start a game day party plan. We are going to need football party ideas and football party food! This Pub-Style Beer Cheese Dip is the perfect appetizer recipe for Super Bowl, March Madness and any other occasion….. just begging to be devoured with friends and family!
We LOVE CHEESE at our house. A lot. Too much, maybe. I’ve shared my favorite grilled cheese, over the top Buffalo Chicken Mac ‘n Cheese, I’ve even melted it over grapes when I made Grilled Grape Brie and Arugula Flatbread Pizza. It might be a problem, but as far as problems go….it’s one I don’t mind having. 😉 I usually leads to delicious food.
Last week I was craving homemade pretzel bites, when Allison brought some home from the mall. I knew I needed to whip up a batch of beer cheese dip – it’s like the little black dress of recipes, it goes with everything.
What Kind of Beer to Use in Beer Cheese Dip:
There’s one important thing to note about Beer Cheese Dip – and this might be obvious, but I’m going to say it any way…… the flavor of Beer Cheese dip depends a LOT on type/flavor of beer you choose. If you want subtle beer flavor use a pale or lite beer for a sweeter dip. For more intense flavor, use darker ale where you will enjoy the robust and bitterness of the beer. Either way you go, choose a beer that lights up your tastebuds and goes down so smoothly. If you want to skip the beer completely, just replace it with apple cider.
You can serve beer cheese dip cold or warm with homemade soft pretzel bites, smeared on beer cheese bread or baguette, your favorite crackers, or even broccoli and cauliflower florets, and of course, your favorite beer! You will be the hit of the party, trust me!
If you want to serve this dip warm, simply whisk constantly in a small saucepan over low heat, or microwave on high in 1 minute intervals, stirring between sessions until cheese dip is warm and heated through. Enjoy!
Pub-style Beer Cheese Dip
- 16 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded or cubes (white cheddar would also be good)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup of beer (pale for a light sweet flavor or a dark ale for more robust, bitter flavor)
- Blend cheeses and seasonings in food processor until well combined.
- Slowly add beer and continue processing.
- Cover and refrigerate at least an hour.
- Serve cold as a spread or warm as a dip.
- If you want to serve this dip warm, simply whisk constantly in a small saucepan over low heat, or microwave on high in 1 minute intervals, stirring between sessions until cheese dip is warm and heated through.
Making this recipe? Share it with us on Instagram using the hashtag #TidyMom so we can see what you're creating in the kitchen!
Want more great recipes like this? Follow my TidyMom Easy Recipes Pinterest Board
Is everyone ready for the big game? Here are a few more Super Bowl friendly recipes to serve along with Beer Cheese Dip:
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken White Chili
- Cheesy Mashed Potato Stuffed Mushrooms
- White Chili Bean Queso Dip
- Spicy Ranch Goldfish Snack Mix
- Cheese Stuffed Chicken & Spinach Pizza Bread
- Buffalo Cheese Fries
- Bean and Avocado Salsa Tortilla Cups
- Chicken Enchilada Puffs
- Garlic Chicken Puffs