Loaded Baked Potato Dip & Football Party Ideas
Last week I told you how I’ve teamed up with Coca-Cola and Ritz to bring you some creative and doable game day recipes and party ideas in conjunction with their “Home Bowl” Campaign. I shared a few recipes for the big game, Touchdown Taco Bites and Cherry Vanilla Coke Poke Cake, both are sure to score big at any party!
Today I’m excited to share a few fun ideas that I’ll be using at our “Home Bowl” party! Hosting a party should be fun, not stressful. I like to keep things simple and fun!!
Coca-Cola cans and bottles are always on hand at our house. This DIY FOOTBALL DRINKS TUB is perfect for serving iced up Coke to your family and guests at a Home Bowl football party!
How to Make a DIY Game Day Drinks Tub
- white bucket (I had one hand from Allison’s graduation party)
- artificial turf (I picked this up some at a home improvement store –they can cut it for you, a 1′ x 12′ piece was just $6)
- white duct tape
- poster letters (optional – I had a package, but you could just make the numbers out of white tape)
- spray adhesive (optional) – use if you are using poster letters
I simply cut and wrapped the artificial turf I tapped it to the bucket using the white duct tape. Once the turf is on add a “50-yard line” with white duct tape. Use spray adhesive to attach a “5” and “0” to the turf – OR- create the number with the tape. Fill your tub with ice and drinks and enjoy!!
If you’d like to add a goal post to your game day drink tub, head over to the Home Bowl page for more directions.
Drink coasters will keep the party penalty flags to a minimum. FOOTBALL THEMED COASTERS were super easy to make.
How to Make DIY Cork Football Coasters
- cork rounds (I found mine at Michaels)
- brown acrylic paint
- Mod Podge
- White Paint Pen
- 2 sponge brushes
Simply paint the top surface of the cork rounds with the brown paint using a sponge brush. Let dry (about 10-15 minutes). Using the white paint pen, draw the “football seam” down the center (you may want to use something with a straight edge to use as a guide, like a ruler). Let the white paint dry (about 10 minutes). Apply 2-3 coats of Mod Podge, allowing to dry some between coats.
So simple right?!
Imagine everything that is awesome about a loaded baked potato…..sour cream, bacon, cheese, ranch dressing…… and throw it into a dip that you can scoop up with Ritz crackers.
Did I have you at bacon and ranch? Maybe cheddar cheese got your attention! Whether you watch for the game or the commercials, this tasty game day recipe is easy to whip up and guaranteed to score big with all football fans.
Sources for my Home Bowl Party Spread
- tablecloth, football plates, cups and napkins from Walmart
- football bowls from Dollar Tree
- backdrop – I covered a project board with black and white chevron wrapping paper from Michaels
- Popcorn/fry boxes from Michaels
- foam fingers, straws, and football picks from Target
- Sandwiches, cupcakes, kettle corn, Ritz crackers, Coke, waffle fries and hot wings I picked up at the grocery store
- Loaded Baked Potato Dip (recipe in this post)
- Game Day Drinks bucket – DIY
- Football Coasters – DIY
- Touchdown Taco Bites recipe (not shown)
- Cherry Vanilla Coke Poke Cake recipe (not shown)
oh, and to celebrate a game well played……why not make Coke Ice Cream Floats!
Coke Ice Cream Float
1 glass bottle or can Coca-Cola
2-3 scoops vanilla ice cream
Add ice cream to a large glass or mug. Add Coke. Top with whipped cream a cherry.
You can definitely score big with Coca-Cola products and Ritz Crackers as part of your game day party line up. Be on the lookout over the next few weeks for more ideas and recipes to help you plan a fun “Home Bowl” party of your own!
Enter the Coca-Cola “Home Bowl” Sweepstakes
Simply pin your favorite game day party tips and tricks on Pinterest!
3 Prize Packs will be given to 3 lucky readers! Each prize valued at $350 each!!
Prize packs include:
- A $250 Visa gift card
- Coca-Cola Products
- Ritz Crackers Products
- “Home Bowl” themed cups, cutting board and tote bag
HOW TO ENTER UPDATE: Giveaway has ended.
Congrats to the winners:
** The Sweepstakes Entry Period begins now and closes February 2, 2015. You do not need to pin photos of Coca-Cola or Ritz to be entered to win.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me as part of a partnership with The Coca-Cola Company. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Prizes provided by The Coca-Cola Company. The Coca-Cola Company is not a sponsor, administrator or connected in any other way with this program.