Halloween Cookies with Royal Icing and Fondant
Decorate Cutout Halloween Cookies using royal icing and fondant, candy corn, bats, spider webs, ghosts and more! It’s easy and fun!
EASY HALLOWEEN COOKIES TO MAKE!
I had a family that I wanted to send a thank you to…….and what better way than with cookies!! (I’ll explain all of that in another post!)
I’ve always used a royal icing on my cutout butter cookies recipe. But, after I seeing a video tutorial covering a cookie with fondant I knew I knew I wanted to try fondant on my cutout cookies!
I have to tell you………I LOVED how easy it was and how pretty it made my cookies look!!
I still like the taste of royal icing better, but it’s nice to have this option for something quick.
I covered some in fondant and others in royal icing.
Can you tell which ones are covered in fondant?
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
**I’ve tweaked my butter cookie recipe a tiny bit; I added 1/2 tsp pure almond extract and increased the baking powder to 4 teaspoons.
I love butter cookies for cutout cookies because they are softer than a sugar cookie (which is usually crisp and a little crunchy), yet not as soft and crumbly as a shortbread cookie. Making them perfect for cutout cookies and decorating!!
*ROYAL ICING AND FONDANT COOKIE TIPS
- I used Satin Ice Rolled Fondant – White – Vanilla
- Cookie cutters: some were from Sweet Baking Supply and some I already had. Wilton has a nice set of 18 Halloween Cookie Cutters for around $10
- I recently started using CK Meringue Powder for my Royal Icing and I’m getting much better results.
- Best result with Americolor Soft Gel Food Paste for coloring
- My Kitchenaid Mixer is a lifesaver, especially when making royal icing!
WATCH MY VIDEO TO SEE HOW EASY IT IS TO ROLL AND CUT OUT COOKIES!
click to see more of my recipe videos
Do you bake Halloween cookies?
NEED MORE CUTOUT COOKIE INSPIRATION? HERE ARE MORE MADE WITH MY BUTTER COOKIE RECIPE
- Decorated Christmas Cookies
- Valentines Day Cookies
- Easter Cookies
- Father’s Day Cookies
- Smiley Face Cookies
- Snowman Cookies