BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup | I’m Lovin’ It
A super quick and tasty soup with all the flavors of BBQ Chicken Pizza. GREAT for a busy weeknight meal.
We have been packing getting ready for our move, so I’ve been on the look out for quick easy dinners, that I can whip up with little effort.
When Jenny mentioned her BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup in her meal plan one week, I quickly added it to my “Dinner at Our House” Pinterest Board. That’s where I save all the recipes that I would like to make for my family – always simple and family friendly.
Steve was a little weirded out at first by the idea of BBQ sauce in his soup, and Allison question “why BBQ Chicken PIZZA” soup? Think CPK’s BBQ Chicken Pizza in soup form. This soup really tastes just like a BBQ Chicken Pizza. It will be showing up on our table again, I mean, you can’t beat dinner that is ready in about 15 minutes!. LOVE it!
If you like this recipe, Jenny has a cookbook you might want to check out , The Picky Palate Cookbook. Full of 133 recipes for even your pickiest eaters! I love that it’s spiral bound, so it lays flat while you are cooking.
Super fast and easy soup! Slightly adapted from The Picky Palate
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 11 ounce can Mexican corn, drained (Mexican is just corn with peppers)
- 1-2 large chicken breast, cooked and shredded (I like to use rotisserie chicken)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce (our favorite is Sweet Baby Ray’s )
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Heat oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook stirring, for 1 minute. Add the corn and chicken breast; stir to combine. Pour in chicken broth, BBQ sauce, salt, pepper, garlic salt and cilantro leaves.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve in a large bowl with a spoon and napkin! Enjoy!
Make even more simple with canned chicken, simple use 2- 12 ounce cans.
I’m Lovin’…….BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup
Now it’s your turn! Please remember to link back to http://TidyMom.net
Let us know what you’re lovin’ this week!
*Don’t forget to come back over the weekend for the I’m Lovin’ It Wrap Up post……where I feature a few of the great links!!
What is I’m Lovin’ It Fridays? get all the info, how to’s trouble shoot and button here