Taste of Home Cream Cheese Pound Cake
I recently received the new Taste of Home Cookbook 3rd Edition, Best Loved Recipes and All New Classics.
This is one fabulous cookbook for both the beginner and the seasoned cook! It’s full of 1,563 home cooked old and new favorite award winning recipes.
Taste of Home Cookbook 3rd Edition, Best Loved Recipes and All New Classics
- over 1500 recipes
- 20 of these recipes are light for the health-conscious cook
- More than 1,300+ full-color photos
- Nutrition facts
- Prep and cook times for each recipe
- Hundreds of tips, techniques, and how-to’s from Taste of Home readers and experts
- Hardcover five-ring binder, which lays flat on your counter; two splash guards to keep your book’s pages clean and safe from splatters and tabbed dividers for quick reference
- Mail in card to start a FREE 1-year subscription to Taste of Home Magazine.
Of course, me being me, the first thing I did was start digging thru the sweet and yummy sections. When I found the perfect recipe……..a pound cake to gift with the Cinnamon Honey Butter jars I had made.
Pound cake should have a fine, dense and moist crumb, full of flavor but not too sweet. This recipe did not fail!! I used vanilla bean paste, because I love seeing the specs of vanilla in the cake, and I switched out the lemon extract for almond extract, to go with the cinnamon in the honey butter. Other than that, I followed the recipe to the tee.
I made a few mini loaves to wrap up and gift with my Cinnamon Honey Butter Jars, and a larger loaf for my family. The cake was SO delicious, my family devoured it, before I had a chance to take any pictures of the sliced pound cake.
(slightly adapted from Taste of Home Cookbook)
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; beat into creamed mixture until blended.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. (Mini loaves bake for 35 mins)
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
I was able to get one large loaf and 4 mini loafs with this recipe.
I removed the mini loaves from the pan. Let them cool completely. Then wrapped them in unbleached parchment paper and tied with jute twine. I just love how they looked with the jars of honey butter.
Win it! *Giveaway has ended
I have one Taste of Home Cookbook 3rd Edition, Best Loved Recipes and All New Classics to giveaway to one TidyMom reader!
Congrats to the winner comment #142 Jen.
Get Extra Entries by: (leave a separate comment for each)
- Become a subscriber to TidyMom by doing one of the following: subscribe via RSS, email or Google Friends connect (see widget at bottom of page) Already subscribe? AWESOME!… but be sure to let me know in the comments so your extra entry will count.
- Tweet about this giveaway: I want to #win a @TasteOfHome cookbook from @TidyMom http://su.pr/1uTmfG #giveaway
- If you are a facebook fan leave a comment letting me know, if you are not a facebook fan become one and come back and let me know that you became a fan.
Giveaway will end on Dec 20, 2010 at 5 pm CST. One winner with a valid entry will be selected at random using random.org. I will email the winner and they will have 48 hours to claim their prize.
I’ve linked this post up at Made by You Monday
Disclaimer: I was provided my own copy of this cookbook, I received NO monetary compensation for this review.
@TidyMom or scan my QR code with your camera