Lemon Burst Cake Mix Cookies
Enjoy the burst of lemon flavor from these light and soft baked cookies. Lemon Burst cookies are made using a cake mix.
I had a nice response last week with the Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies we made.
One of my fabulous readers, Alicia of Home with the Hollands shared another cake mix cookies recipe with me in the comments. It’s just as easy and involves a lemon cake mix and cool whip.
I’m a HUGE fan of lemon, and Heather wanted a special treat to take into work for a co-worker’s birthday ……… easy and delicious was all I had time for.
Enjoy the burst of lemon flavor from these light and soft baked cookies.
- 1 box Lemon* Cake Mix (with pudding in the mix)
- 1- 8 oz container Cool Whip, completely thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (for rolling)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a medium bowl combine dry cake mix, and beaten egg. Mixture will be crumbly. Fold in thawed Cool Whip until well combined. Dough will be thick and sticky.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls into a bowl of powdered sugar and roll to coat.
- Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or silicon baking sheet. Bake for 10- 12 minutes or until slightly set and tops are cracked. Cool on pan for 5 minutes then transfer to wire racks to cool.
Dough is a little easier to handle if you refrigerate about an hour before dropping in powdered sugar, but it's not required.
You don't want to make these cookies too big, the key is to keep them small.
Since the dough is sticky and to keep your cookie size small and consistent, try using a small cookie scoop to drop cookie dough into powdered sugar, for easier handling.
*Try making these cookies using strawberry or orange cake mix for variety.
You Might also enjoy these lemon recipes: