Recipes

Home Made Pizza Rolls

A family favorite! Homemade pizza rolls for a new spin on pizza night! Home made pizza rolls We love pizza at our house. Sure sometimes it’s just easier to order pizza in.  We only have one place that will deliver to our house, a little pizza joint you may have heard of….. it rhymes with Prominose.  It’s the only food we can get delivered, so we’ve grown very tired of their pizza and it get’s expensive. As much as I love to bake, I don’t always enjoy cooking.…..yet my family continues to ask “What’s for dinner” EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT! geeze…..didn’t I just feed them LAST night?! So I must come up with something they will like/eat and something I don’t mind making. Homemade pizza is usually a hit with everyone!!  We’ve grilled pizza made garlic chicken pizza, even made these calzones with pizza sauce and toppings.  I’m  always looking for ways to change it up  so it doesn’t always feel like “pizza again“. I haven’t experimented with making our own crust yet……..that’s next on my list. These homemade pizza rolls have now become one of our favorites!  They were even tasty the next day leftover and cold! *you can make this with what ever toppings your family likes.

Home Made Pizza Rolls

Home Made Pizza Rolls

Ingredients

• 2 cans refrigerated pizza crust
  • garlic salt
  • Italian Seasoning
  • 1 cup sliced and chopped pepperoni
  • 1 cup shredded cheese (we used Provolone and Pepper Jack)
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
  • Ragu® Sweet Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce for dipping

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 425
  2. Dust a large cutting board or piece of wax paper with flour and roll out each pizza crust.
  3. Season each crust with garlic salt and Italian seasoning.
  4. Top with cheese and meat
  5. Starting with a short end, roll crust into a tight log
  6. Slice into 1? sections
  7. Place on lightly greased pan and bake for 10-12 mins.
  8. Serve with Ragu® Sweet Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce for dipping

© TidyMom. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.

NEW FEATURE: Save recipes to your personal recipe box with the Once you have your favorite recipes in your Recipe Box create a Meal Plan with them and the ingredients will automatically be added to a Grocery List!

Home made pizza rolls Home made Pizza Rolls

Do you make home made pizza?  What’s your favorite way to eat pizza? favorite toppings?

Craving more? Sign up for the TidyMom newsletter to stay on top of what’s new right to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest for all of the latest updates

Homemade Pizza Rolls recipe at TidyMom.net

*Disclosure- This post was created in connection with my appointment as an Ambassador in Unilever’s Family Dish Program. For more great ideas, go to www.thefamilydish.com.

129 Responses to “Home Made Pizza Rolls”

1. Tink74 posted on August 11, 2011 at 6:03 pm (#

I made these tonight with sausage…so yummy!! I managed to burn the bottoms though…suggestions?

• colleen replied on February 5th, 2012 at 12:14 pm

I love using a stone pan. I have a Pampered chef one that is just like a cookie sheet and a mini version. Nothing ever burns and everything cooks evening.

2. Ginnie posted on August 29, 2011 at 4:17 pm (#

Hey… I know this is a really old post… but can anyone tell me about how many this makes? We’re a big family so I always have to figure out if I need to double recipes! Thanks!!! We’re going to try these tomorrow night I think! :)

• Missy replied on August 29th, 2011 at 9:01 pm

I think it depends on how big you slice them. I got 9 out of one roll and 7 out of the other. Enjoy!

3. Missy posted on August 29, 2011 at 8:58 pm (#

Made these tonight for my hubby and myself. They’re delicious! Thanks for sharing. Quick question: Do you have problems with the bottoms getting burned? A few in my first batch were overcooked on the bottom. It could be my oven though. I’ll keep experimenting :)

• Anne replied on October 9th, 2011 at 2:42 pm

My oven always burns things on the bottom. I’ve started putting an empty cooking sheet on the rack below the rack my food is on – and that keeps bottoms from burning.

4. Monette posted on September 7, 2011 at 9:27 pm (#

Made this tonight with my homemade pizza crust and it was a big hit!

5. Amanda posted on October 6, 2011 at 8:06 am (#

Interesting! Never would have thought of that. We usually use the Croissant rolls and roll some cheese and meat of choice in them and bake them as instructions for the rolls state. We’ve also made our own pizza by using the Jiffy Pizza Crust mix then putting whatever toppings on it that we want and baking it that way. Either way, it’s always pizza and always good! Thanks for sharing!!!

6. Lynn posted on October 8, 2011 at 10:54 am (#

Now I’m hungry…..love pizza….

Lynn

7. Nicole posted on October 13, 2011 at 7:38 am (#

Making these for dinner tonight! Thanks for the great idea!

8. Chalk Inscriptions posted on October 23, 2011 at 12:55 pm (#

I love your pumpkin butter. I just made it! Thank you! I saw your pizza recipe. I do something similar, but I like to make my own pizza dough and sauce. It is an incredibly easy recipe and very delicious. I got it from Hungry Mouse I do make my own pizza sauce with garlic, tomato, bell pepper, onion ahead of time and then freeze until I am ready to use for pizza roll ups. And we have six children so we make this a lot! Hard to eat Papa Murphy’s or some other franchise pizza when you can make your own!

9. Julie posted on November 6, 2011 at 9:25 pm (#

Made these tonight using a local pizzeria’s frozen pizza dough. Used turkey pepperoni and added diced green, yellow and red peppers. Really, really good. Will be making this recipe often! I think this is a dish that kids would really like! It’s a fun way to eat pizza.

10. Torie posted on November 21, 2011 at 10:24 pm (#

Love making my own pizza dough. I’ve only used canned dough once and I felt it really lacked compared to homemade dough, but this seems like a really great way to use the dough in a simple, quick dinner. Awesome idea!

11. Rachel - A Southern Fairytale posted on January 23, 2012 at 2:43 pm (#

My kids love when we make these!!!

12. Ashley posted on February 4, 2012 at 10:31 am (#

These look so delicious, I need to try them!

13. Kelly posted on February 9, 2012 at 9:50 pm (#

Going to make these for our homeschool Valentine’s Day party!

14. Diana Garza posted on February 15, 2012 at 7:46 pm (#

I have made these twice and they have been a hit each time! Yesterday, at a Valentine’s party they were ravished – everyone loved them and kept asking how I made them! Thanks for sharing!

15. Ashley posted on July 5, 2012 at 7:15 pm (#

These are fantastic!!!! This is best recipe I’ve found on Pinterest and it was easy. I am in happy food coma right now. Loved it!

16. Diane Weber posted on July 22, 2012 at 5:36 pm (#

Have you frozen them to eat later? If so, these would be great for my stay-at-home son to feed his son as a snack!

• TidyMom replied on July 22nd, 2012 at 5:47 pm

I haven’t, but I would think you could totally freeze them!! – If you try it let me know and I’ll update the recipe with the info!

• Helen replied on July 23rd, 2012 at 6:32 am

I have frozen these before and they are great, but make sure you cut them in their frozen state first or you will end up with a big mess. You can also make these with a quick and easy homemade pizza dough which you can use right away or let rise for an hour or so. Here is the recipe I use all the time with the grandchilden.
      Quick and Easy Pizza Dough
      Ingredients
      • 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
      • 1 teaspoon white sugar
      • 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
      • 2 1/2 cups bread flour
      • 2 tablespoons olive oil
      • 1 teaspoon salt
      Directions
      1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
      2. Stir in flour, salt and oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes.
      3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round. Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan or baker’s peel dusted with cornmeal. Spread with desired toppings and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let baked pizza cool for 5 minutes before serving.

17. Tonie posted on August 1, 2012 at 6:02 pm (#

Just popped them in the oven! I found it easier to wrap the rolled dough with wax paper around it (like a candy) and then pop it in the freezer for a few minutes. Once a little more stiff I cut through the wax paper. Adding that little step made it soooo much easier for me!

18. Veronica posted on August 26, 2012 at 8:35 pm (#

I just keep finding more things here that I want to make! :) Tonight we made these, in a couple different variations. One with corn… yep, corn! lol Another I used leftover beef and made a spicy garlic sauce (very good!) Thanks and I’m sure I’ll be doing more soon.

19. Good eats posted on November 14, 2012 at 3:31 am (#

These are so yummy. My kids love them! I have made it three times and it gets better every time. I make my own doubt in the bread machine which is yummmmmy! Thank you for such a great idea.

• Good eats replied on November 14th, 2012 at 3:33 am

I meant dough….. Oops

20. Heather posted on April 14, 2013 at 1:27 pm (#

I found these on Pinterest and made them last week for dinner and they were AMAZING! I don’t think I’m going to make regular pizza ever again…

21. Brenda @ Chatting Over Chocolate posted on June 19, 2013 at 6:57 am (#

Good morning, Cheryl! I’m stopping by to let you know that I featured your wonderful Homemade Pizza Rolls on my blog today. Thanks for sharing your awesome recipe!! Hope you’re enjoying a terrific week! :)

22. KarenB posted on April 11, 2014 at 3:00 pm (#

These look amazing. How can you go wrong with cheese and tomato sauce. I can just see my family sitting around watching the game and eating these amazing pizza rolls.