Recipes

Home Made Pizza Rolls

A family favorite! Homemade pizza rolls for a new spin on pizza night! Home made pizza rolls We love pizza at our house. Sure sometimes it’s just easier to order pizza in.  We only have one place that will deliver to our house, a little pizza joint you may have heard of….. it rhymes with Prominose.  It’s the only food we can get delivered, so we’ve grown very tired of their pizza and it get’s expensive. As much as I love to bake, I don’t always enjoy cooking.…..yet my family continues to ask “What’s for dinner” EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT! geeze…..didn’t I just feed them LAST night?! So I must come up with something they will like/eat and something I don’t mind making. Homemade pizza is usually a hit with everyone!!  We’ve grilled pizza made garlic chicken pizza, even made these calzones with pizza sauce and toppings.  I’m  always looking for ways to change it up  so it doesn’t always feel like “pizza again“. I haven’t experimented with making our own crust yet……..that’s next on my list. These homemade pizza rolls have now become one of our favorites!  They were even tasty the next day leftover and cold! *you can make this with what ever toppings your family likes.

Home Made Pizza Rolls

Home Made Pizza Rolls

Ingredients

• 2 cans refrigerated pizza crust
  • garlic salt
  • Italian Seasoning
  • 1 cup sliced and chopped pepperoni
  • 1 cup shredded cheese (we used Provolone and Pepper Jack)
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
  • Ragu® Sweet Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce for dipping

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 425
  2. Dust a large cutting board or piece of wax paper with flour and roll out each pizza crust.
  3. Season each crust with garlic salt and Italian seasoning.
  4. Top with cheese and meat
  5. Starting with a short end, roll crust into a tight log
  6. Slice into 1? sections
  7. Place on lightly greased pan and bake for 10-12 mins.
  8. Serve with Ragu® Sweet Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce for dipping

NEW FEATURE: Save recipes to your personal recipe box with the Once you have your favorite recipes in your Recipe Box create a Meal Plan with them and the ingredients will automatically be added to a Grocery List!

Home made pizza rolls Home made Pizza Rolls

Do you make home made pizza?  What’s your favorite way to eat pizza? favorite toppings?

Craving more? Sign up for the TidyMom newsletter to stay on top of what’s new right to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest for all of the latest updates

Homemade Pizza Rolls recipe at TidyMom.net

*Disclosure- This post was created in connection with my appointment as an Ambassador in Unilever’s Family Dish Program. For more great ideas, go to www.thefamilydish.com.

@TidyMom or scan my HR code with your camera

@TidyMom or scan my QR code with your camera

Yum

134 Responses to “Home Made Pizza Rolls”

1. bridget {bake at 350} posted on September 13, 2010 at 7:28 am (#)

Whoa. Kiddo is going to *love* me when I make these!!!

2. Cookbook Queen posted on September 13, 2010 at 7:42 am (#)

These look so yummy!! The fam would love these!! I get sick of making dinner too–and we don’t have anyone who delivers out to my house :(

3. The Twice Remembered Cottage posted on September 13, 2010 at 8:12 am (#)

Those look so delicious! This would make a great hot afternoon snack, too, especially as we head into the cooler weather. Thanks for sharing! ~Kim

4. Kelly posted on September 13, 2010 at 8:32 am (#)

I bet Max will love these, just wanna make sure I got it right though. The sauce is just for dipping… you don’t put it in the actual roll… correct???

• TidyMom replied on September 13th, 2010 at 6:49 pm

yes Kelly, the sauce is for dipping. My family thought it sounded weird with no sauce inside, so we made a few with sauce…….and we all agreed, much better with sauce for dipping.

• Kristy replied on September 14th, 2011 at 10:13 am

That is great. My daughter doesn’t like sauce on her pizzas so this is going to be a winner with her. Making them tonight!!!

5. Bethany posted on September 13, 2010 at 8:33 am (#)

Wow I feel you pain on the pizza department. But this is a really good idea. I am going to try it soon.=)

6. Sara posted on September 13, 2010 at 10:16 am (#)

Thanks! I am always looking for something fun and easy to make for Friday nights when I seem to somehow have twice as many kids in my house than I actually am the mother of! Keep posting your yummy recipes, girl! <3

7. Texasholly posted on September 13, 2010 at 10:20 am (#)

Whew that looks good. We believe pizza is a food group at my house. I am totally trying this.

8. Rachel ~ A Southern Fairytale posted on September 13, 2010 at 10:22 am (#)

we love love love these!
    My kids are NOT sauce fans ( I KNOW!!! ) So, for them.. I brush with garlic butter and then add the pepperoni. They love them and will sometimes dip them in ranch.

I add crushed red pepper flakes to mine and hubby’s.

LOVE and your pics are gorgeous, as always!

9. teresa posted on September 13, 2010 at 10:26 am (#)

Cheryl!
    Greg will LOVE these!
    I may have to surprise him and make them!
    And is that pizza dough in a can like Pillsbury or something?
    I know your family has a SUPER fun time cooking and eating together!
    xo

10. briskmamma posted on September 13, 2010 at 10:30 am (#)

Hi Tidymom, tnx for sharing this quick and easy recipe with us. I bake pizza a lot because we love to put on various toppings. Toppings depend on season, but now we usually have peppers, aubergines, tomatoes etc. The constant ingredients are: meat, cheese, olive oil and Parmesan. And we never omit dried herbs as: basil, thyme, oregano etc. I found quick and easy recipe for pizza dough and use it every time. It contains olive oil which gives it nice texture and taste. This roll is new idea for me and I will probably make it very soon…

11. Kasey posted on September 13, 2010 at 10:55 am (#)

Yum. My kids love finger foods. This looks so good.
    Our favorite pizza is , breakfast pizza.
    Thanks for the recipe.

12. Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles posted on September 13, 2010 at 11:49 am (#)

What a fun twist to pizza! And perfect for a quick & tasty weeknight meal. My family loves homemade pizza night – we make the pizzas in the oven or on the grill, always mixing up the toppings each time. You said you haven’t attempted homemade crust yet – I would love to share with you the recipe my family uses. Great minds must think alike, as I just posted it today! It’s very easy to make and tastes great. I’m hitting “print” on your Pizza Rolls – they’re now on the menu for later this week!

13. See Jamie blog posted on September 13, 2010 at 11:56 am (#)

Love this! I wonder why the heck my kids keeping asking that SAME question EVERY SINGLE DAY, too! 😉

14. Jennifer Sikora posted on September 13, 2010 at 12:03 pm (#)

I needed this today! Thanks. Visiting you from Mingle Monday. Your blog is absolutely gorgeous! Can’t wait to read more.

Visit me at http://www.jennifersikora.com

Blessings,

Jennifer

15. Our Nifty Notebook posted on September 13, 2010 at 12:27 pm (#)

Those look yummy! Great idea!

16. Lindsey posted on September 13, 2010 at 12:59 pm (#)

Ooh I’ll have to try these! They look delicious! I see this being a popular future meal for my home!

17. Becky @ Our Peaceful Home posted on September 13, 2010 at 1:24 pm (#)

These look SO amazing! I’ve never been to your blog before! I’ll be back!

18. Amanda posted on September 13, 2010 at 3:57 pm (#)

Brilliant recipe!! Man, if I could cook like you, I would be eating all the time!

Can’t wait to try this one!

19. Andrea posted on September 13, 2010 at 4:30 pm (#)

My family would love these! Except the Ragu. Really? Ragu. Ewww. Im looking to see if they are your sponsor. Sorry if they are. But Ragu?

• TidyMom replied on September 13th, 2010 at 6:46 pm

You can use what ever you’d like for dipping….but yes, my family likes Ragu (sponsored or not)

20. Tickled Red posted on September 13, 2010 at 4:49 pm (#)

Those not only look delicious but fun as well. The monkeys and I will have to make this of our go to recipes.

21. angie posted on September 13, 2010 at 4:53 pm (#)

we used to make these when the kids were younger I think I will try to have teens make them with me we can talk memories and have good food when they are done

22. Kathy posted on September 13, 2010 at 6:19 pm (#)

My goodness my family will love these pizza rolls -what a great idea to take to a youth group meeting too -Thanks for sharing -yummy

23. Kristy @momhatescooking posted on September 13, 2010 at 7:31 pm (#)

Excited to try these!

24. amandab posted on September 13, 2010 at 9:34 pm (#)

I must get back into making things for Dadda’s lunches when he is away, and these would be great :)

25. Hannah posted on September 13, 2010 at 10:51 pm (#)

Yumm! This looks really good and really easy, which is a winning combination in my book! I can’t wait to try these!

26. Jacqueline posted on September 14, 2010 at 8:34 am (#)

What a fabulous party food, not to mention great dinner time food for the kids. Your photo is so mouthwatering.

27. Lisa@Blessedwithgrace posted on September 14, 2010 at 9:51 am (#)

My hubby is a huge pizza roll fan. Yours look great and I can’t wait to try them. Thanks for linking up to TMTT at the Well, this week. :-)

28. alicia posted on September 14, 2010 at 11:26 am (#)

Love coming here. You always have the most fun ideas ever. Love these. Thanks so much for sharing and linkin up to my tasty tuesdays.

29. michelle posted on September 14, 2010 at 12:49 pm (#)

These look so good! I know my kiddos would love them, and Im sure they’re WAY better than frozen pizza rolls! Thanks for sharing

30. Melissa posted on September 14, 2010 at 1:31 pm (#)

Oh, yum. I’ve been wanting to try something like this, but I’m happy to have found a tried-and-true recipe. My family doesn’t always appreciate kitchen experiments when it’s dinnertime and they’re starving!

31. Lisa posted on September 14, 2010 at 2:12 pm (#)

These look so good. And easy. I’ll definitely be trying them. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa

32. Charlene @ Secrets of a Southern Kitchen posted on September 14, 2010 at 8:08 pm (#)

I was seriously thinking of trying something this–now you’ve broken the ice, I feel confident I could swing these!

Our favorite pizza topping these days is pesto, chicken, and cheese–so good!

33. Annette posted on September 14, 2010 at 9:12 pm (#)

sounds yummy,we like pizza at our house too!

34. MarshaMarshaMarsha posted on September 14, 2010 at 10:16 pm (#)

We do make homemade pizza at our house. My absolute fave crust recipe is this one: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Jays-Signature-Pizza-Crust/Detail.aspx

It is enough for one large pizza and I put the last pit into my iron skillet for a deep dish version. :) I would recommend adding some seasonings to the dough or pressing them on top.. perhaps a little extra garlic or parmesan.

As far as toppings, I heart BACON!!! And mushrooms, bell pepper, pineapple, and purple onion.

Now I’m hungry. The only place that delivers to my house rhymes with Joppa Pons.

35. Helen posted on September 16, 2010 at 7:56 am (#)

quick, easy & tasty , sounds like a keeper in the recipe box ! lol thanks for sharing!

36. Aimee posted on September 26, 2010 at 11:18 pm (#)

We are major pizza lovers at my house, and your recipe looks delicious! I featured it here. Can’t wait to give it a try!

1 2 3