Honey & Soy Baked Chicken Recipe from Amy Johnson
Delicious HONEY SOY BAKED CHICKEN RECIPE from Amy Johnson of She Wears Many Hats is a super easy recipe that will become a family favorite.
You’re in for a REAL treat today!!! I’m very excited to have Amy of She Wears Many Hats guest posting on TidyMom. If you’re not familiar with Amy, trust me, you will be blown away by visiting her wonderful blog. While you’re there, soak up and be inspired from all her gorgeous photography and yummy recipes. Today she is sharing a recipe for Chicken which I cannot wait to try real soon! I know my family will LOVE it!
Around here chicken makes a regular appearance on the dinner table. To tell you the truth, it gets a little boring after awhile – grilled chicken, baked chicken, sautéed chicken, chicken soup, chicken n’ pasta… But with all that chicken, my family never tires of chicken thighs. We like the dark meat around here y’all. It’s good stuff and pretty inexpensive, too, but use whatever kinda chicken you like.
This recipe is simple to whip up right before cooking or to use ahead of time as a marinade. Although a marinade typically includes an acid, such as a vinegar or citrus juice, you could certainly add either to this recipe. For this recipe you’ll need olive oil, soy sauce, garlic cloves (or garlic powder), ground ginger, honey, salt and pepper. You can easily switch up the ingredients to your liking and taste. A splash of sesame oil would be a nice addition.Basically, mix all ingredients together in a large plastic zip-top storage bag, add the chicken making sure to coat each piece. Place chicken and sauce/marinade in baking dish or leave in large plastic bag to marinate in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
When ready to cook, bake in a 425° oven for 25 minutes with the skin side up. Turn the chicken and cook another 15 minutes. Then turn the chicken again to skin side up and finish cooking for another 10 minutes to crisp up the skin. Cook until internal temperature of chicken reads 165°F.You can skip all the turning and flipping of the chicken if you’d like, but I think it cooks more evenly helping to avoid one side being too dry. These would be mighty tasty grilled as well.
Honey Soy Baked Chicken
A super easy chicken recipe that will become a family favorite.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 4 cloves of garlic; minced (or substitute 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 pounds (approximately) chicken thighs (or preferred chicken meat)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix first 6 ingredients together in a large plastic zip-top storage bag. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the chicken to plastic bag making sure to coat each piece.
- Place chicken in baking dish along with sauce/marinade or leave in large plastic bag to marinate in the refrigerator.
- When ready to cook, in a baking dish, bake chicken in a 425° oven for 25 minutes with the skin side up. Turn the chicken and cook another 15 minutes. Then turn the chicken again to skin side up and finish cooking for another 10 minutes to crisp up the skin. Cook until internal temperature of chicken reads 165°F.
This chicken would be mighty tasty grilled as well.
RECOMMENDED FOR THIS HONEY SOY BAKED CHICKEN RECIPE:
**Making this recipe? Take a picture and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #TidyMom so we can see what you’re creating in the kitchen!
Want more great recipes like this? Follow my TidyMom Easy Recipes Pinterest Board
Follow Cheryl Sousan | Tidymom.net’s board TidyMom.net easy recipes on Pinterest.