Recipes

Red Velvet Cake Truffles

Red Velvet Cake Truffles Cake Balls Cake Pops at TidyMom.net

I made these little pieces of HEAVEN for Heather’s Birthday!

This recipe comes from Bakerella (be sure to check out her site for incredible recipes, ideas and pictures!) . I just knew I had to make them! Go ahead and give them a try! They’re sure to be a hit for the holidays, and of course you can customize them with any flavor of cake, frosting and candy coating you’d like.

I made these stunning treats with both milk chocolate and white chocolate and we loved them both equally!

Red Velvet Cake Truffles

Red Velvet Cake Truffles

Ingredients

• 1 box red velvet cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
  • 1 can cream cheese frosting (16 oz.) *I only used 3/4 of the can
  • 1 package chocolate bark (milk or white chocolate) - ( *I used Baker’s Dipping Chocolate that comes in the cups)
  • wax paper

Instructions

1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
  2. Mix thoroughly with 1 can cream cheese frosting. (It may be easier to use fingers to mix together, but be warned it will get messy.) *NOTE I only used 3/4 can of frosting
  3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet.
  4. Chill for several hours – make sure they are really firm. (You can speed this up by putting in the freezer.) *I put mine in the freezer for about 20-25 mins
  5. Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package.
  6. Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm. (Use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off extra – two forks also works great if your chocolate is warm enough.)
  7. Drizzle with extra chocolate bark

Notes

Store in air tight container - does not have to be refrigerated, but I prefer them to be.

Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

*Read all of the comments on Bakerella’s post – she answers a lot of questions. She’s awesome and answered my questions very quickly! Thanks again Bakerella!!!
You ROCK!

Here’s how mine turned out!
Update:
click here for some tips on making cake ball or cake truffles

Heather says “Thanks Mom”

23 Responses to “Red Velvet Cake Truffles”

1. CozyCoops Corner posted on November 13, 2008 at 12:30 pm (#

Those look delicious! I’m going to try making those . Thanks for posting the recipe!:-)Have a great day !
    Janae

2. CozyCoops Corner posted on November 13, 2008 at 12:30 pm (#

Janae

3. Terri posted on November 13, 2008 at 6:51 pm (#

Wow – thanks for a great recipe!

Terri

4. Terri posted on November 13, 2008 at 6:51 pm (#

Wow – thanks for a great recipe!

Terri

5. Musings of a Housewife posted on November 13, 2008 at 8:21 pm (#

Oh YUM. And I’m PMSing too. I can NOT believe you have teenage daughters. You look great!

6. Musings of a Housewife posted on November 13, 2008 at 8:21 pm (#

7. Lorie posted on November 13, 2008 at 10:09 pm (#

You did a great job! These are really fun to do with Oreo cookies and cream cheese (instead of cream cheese frosting).

8. Lorie posted on November 13, 2008 at 10:09 pm (#

9. Bakerella posted on November 13, 2008 at 11:42 pm (#

I’m glad the Baker’s Dipping chocolate worked out.

Great job on these.

10. Bakerella posted on November 13, 2008 at 11:42 pm (#

I’m glad the Baker’s Dipping chocolate worked out.

Great job on these.

11. Buzzings of a Queen Bee! posted on November 14, 2008 at 3:09 pm (#

Wow, those look amazing! How fun would they be for a Christmas party? Or for a Tuesday afternoon when you want something sweet…who are we kidding? Yum!
    Carrie

12. Buzzings of a Queen Bee! posted on November 14, 2008 at 3:09 pm (#

Carrie

13. The Hunter's Wife posted on November 16, 2008 at 11:42 am (#

I left a comment on twitter but I think your not following. Cute blog!

14. The Hunter's Wife posted on November 16, 2008 at 11:42 am (#

I left a comment on twitter but I think your not following. Cute blog!

15. Saucy posted on November 21, 2008 at 1:08 am (#

I am surely trying Bakerella’s pops and goodies this holiday season. I have been gathering supplies in fact… this one looks amazing.

16. Saucy posted on November 21, 2008 at 1:08 am (#

17. Cindy posted on November 22, 2008 at 5:11 pm (#

Thank you Cheryl! These look great. We have a new recipe forum where I work, and I sent everyone to this link!!!!! :)

18. Cindy posted on November 22, 2008 at 5:11 pm (#