Red Velvet Cake Truffles
I made these little pieces of HEAVEN for Heather’s Birthday!
This recipe comes from Bakerella (be sure to check out her site for incredible recipes, ideas and pictures!) . I just knew I had to make them! Go ahead and give them a try! They’re sure to be a hit for the holidays, and of course you can customize them with any flavor of cake, frosting and candy coating you’d like.
I made these stunning treats with both milk chocolate and white chocolate and we loved them both equally!
- 1 box red velvet cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
- 1 can cream cheese frosting (16 oz.) *I only used 3/4 of the can
- 1 package chocolate bark (milk or white chocolate) - ( *I used Baker’s Dipping Chocolate that comes in the cups)
- wax paper
- After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
- Mix thoroughly with 1 can cream cheese frosting. (It may be easier to use fingers to mix together, but be warned it will get messy.) *NOTE I only used 3/4 can of frosting
- Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet.
- Chill for several hours – make sure they are really firm. (You can speed this up by putting in the freezer.) *I put mine in the freezer for about 20-25 mins
- Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package.
- Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm. (Use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off extra – two forks also works great if your chocolate is warm enough.)
- Drizzle with extra chocolate bark
Store in air tight container - does not have to be refrigerated, but I prefer them to be.
© TidyMom. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Here’s how mine turned out!
click here for some tips on making cake ball or cake truffles
Heather says “Thanks Mom”