Red Velvet Cake Truffles
I made these little pieces of HEAVEN for Heather’s Birthday!
This recipe comes from Bakerella (be sure to check out her site for incredible recipes, ideas and pictures!) . I just knew I had to make them! Go ahead and give them a try! They’re sure to be a hit for the holidays, and of course you can customize them with any flavor of cake, frosting and candy coating you’d like.
I made these stunning treats with both milk chocolate and white chocolate and we loved them both equally!
- 1 box red velvet cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
- 1 can cream cheese frosting (16 oz.) *I only used 3/4 of the can
- 1 package chocolate bark (milk or white chocolate) - ( *I used Baker’s Dipping Chocolate that comes in the cups)
- wax paper
- After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
- Mix thoroughly with 1 can cream cheese frosting. (It may be easier to use fingers to mix together, but be warned it will get messy.) *NOTE I only used 3/4 can of frosting
- Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet.
- Chill for several hours – make sure they are really firm. (You can speed this up by putting in the freezer.) *I put mine in the freezer for about 20-25 mins
- Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package.
- Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm. (Use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off extra – two forks also works great if your chocolate is warm enough.)
- Drizzle with extra chocolate bark
Store in air tight container - does not have to be refrigerated, but I prefer them to be.
Here’s how mine turned out!
click here for some tips on making cake ball or cake truffles
Heather says “Thanks Mom”
@TidyMom or scan my QR code with your camera